PDA

View Full Version : I'm heartbroken

Crazybone992
11-16-2014, 08:50 PM
I really thought I could enjoy Unity. How stupid it was to think like this. I was playing happily with my 1.5 gb gtx 660. It worked fine when I was in Versailles, I could even play it at 1080p resolution and better looking Graphics than the consoles have. But as soon as I got to Paris, the game began to lag so horribly that it gave me a headache. I didn't check the frame rate but it feels like it's below 20 fps most of the time. Putting the resolution and all Graphics settings to lowest doesn't make the fps any better. I was so looking forward to this game and now I'm unable to play. My heart is broken. Goodbye Assassin's Creed, I had a great time with you :´(

gamertaboo
11-16-2014, 09:03 PM
At least you can use this as an excuse to upgrade your GPU? I know you probably don't want to hear that, but come on, how much longer was the GTX 660 going to keep playing games? :)

I know that I probably came across as a ****, but I really didn't mean to.

bonniejwebb
11-16-2014, 09:05 PM
I really thought I could enjoy Unity. How stupid it was to think like this. I was playing happily with my 1.5 gb gtx 660. It worked fine when I was in Versailles, I could even play it at 1080p resolution and better looking Graphics than the consoles have. But as soon as I got to Paris, the game began to lag so horribly that it gave me a headache. I didn't check the frame rate but it feels like it's below 20 fps most of the time. Putting the resolution and all Graphics settings to lowest doesn't make the fps any better. I was so looking forward to this game and now I'm unable to play. My heart is broken. Goodbye Assassin's Creed, I had a great time with you :´(

Same here..the exact same thing..now when I launch the game (sequence 7, memory 1) after I click on continue..its freezes!! I really hope the Patch 3 will fix this as I adore the game and was having so much fun.

LeeroyGearSolid
11-16-2014, 09:15 PM
I also play with a gtx 660 (and i5-3570) with high settings, without major problems.

should´t a gtx 660 have 2 gb?

Crazybone992
11-16-2014, 09:21 PM
I also play with a gtx 660 (and i5-3570) with high settings, without major problems.

should´t a gtx 660 have 2 gb?

It has 1.5 gb because it's a prebuilt pc. And prebuilt pc's tend to have a gpu with less vram. I have no idea how to build a good gaming rig, so I got a prebuilt gaming pc. All other parts in it are good: i7 3770 and 8 gb ram.

Crazybone992
11-16-2014, 09:29 PM
At least you can use this as an excuse to upgrade your GPU? I know you probably don't want to hear that, but come on, how much longer was the GTX 660 going to keep playing games? :)

I can't afford to buy a new gpu. Hell, I can't even afford to move away from home because living alone is so ****ing expensive.

PricklyBlitz
11-16-2014, 11:19 PM
lol crazybones did you buy an alienware x51?

Crazybone992
11-20-2014, 06:45 PM
No I have HP Envy h8-1511. I've been able to play every single game to date with ultra or high settings and AC Unity is unplayable on lowest settings. What the ****? I measured the fps with fraps and it's only 18-20 fps in free roam. But when I start a fight with guards, the framerate suddenly skyrockets and goes up to 30, even over 30 in some situations. And when the fight is over, the framerate goes below 20 again :mad: The game is badly optimized. That explains the ridiculous minimum system requirements.

Simon152012
11-20-2014, 08:08 PM

I got CrossFire 280x and get 20-30 fps on 1080p high settings.

Tanyn
11-20-2014, 10:39 PM

My card is technically worse than yours, and I can generally maintain 30+ FPS, 40-50 in some areas. The primary factor that allowed me to do this was rolling back my NVidia drivers (because, not surprisingly, the "game ready drivers" that were released SPECIFICALLY FOR ACU, make it perform horribly). I'm using version 344.48, and the difference was night and day, as far as performance goes. Granted, I still have to lower a lot of settings, but ACU on lowest settings still looks pretty damned good.

My card is a GeForce GT 640 (not GTX ... GT)

My settings are all set to low, except textures, which are on high, and my resolution is set to 1360x768. I know, a lot of these spoiled, needy drama queens will deem a game "unplayable" if it runs at anything less than 250 frames-per-second ... but they're idiots, 40+ is just fine.

Also, side note: Ubisoft's listing of the Minimum requirements for ACU were *laughably* overstated.

Crazybone992
11-20-2014, 11:01 PM
My card is technically worse than yours, and I can generally maintain 30+ FPS, 40-50 in some areas. The primary factor that allowed me to do this was rolling back my NVidia drivers (because, not surprisingly, the "game ready drivers" that were released SPECIFICALLY FOR ACU, make it perform horribly). I'm using version 344.48, and the difference was night and day, as far as performance goes. Granted, I still have to lower a lot of settings, but ACU on lowest settings still looks pretty damned good.

My settings are all set to low, except textures, which are on high, and my resolution is set to 1360x768. I know, a lot of these spoiled, needy drama queens will deem a game "unplayable" if it runs at anything less than 250 frames-per-second ... but they're idiots, 40+ is just fine.

Also, side note: Ubisoft's listing of the Minimum requirements for ACU were *laughably* overstated.

But my card has only 1.5 gb vram. Shouldn't this mean my card is worse than yours?

JAC072
11-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Ok, this is what I don't get. How the heck is it possible for people with worse rigs than some of us be able to play much better?... I have a GTX 690 with 4 GB of vram, running on an i7 3820 @3.6Mhz with 32 GB of GDDR5 ram. Yet I have to set all my graphics to the lowest settings and still get lag. if I run on high settings the skipping frames gets worse and at times, more so when fighting, or running the game would skip several frames every so often.

I have seen on this forum other players post even better info about their rigs and they have the same problems... So WTH???...

Tanyn
11-21-2014, 04:58 AM
But my card has only 1.5 gb vram. Shouldn't this mean my card is worse than yours?

Well, there are several models of the GT 640, and they range from 1 to 4 GB of ram. Mine has 4, but it's DDR2 iirc, I do believe the ram in your card is DDR3, not to mention other improvements that im sure took place between my card and yours... wish i could quote exact specs, but i don't have any.

Regardless, the point of my post was to say that the older NVidia Drivers (version 344.48) are doing wonders for a lot of people with lower end systems on ACU. It's also true that some people report no change at all with this method, but the majority that i've seen report *dramatic* improvement. It certainly did wonders for me, I'd at least give it a shot, you can always reinstall the new drivers if nothing changes.

Crazybone992
11-25-2014, 10:22 PM
I haven't tried the driver trick yet but since patch 3 is coming out soon, I'll wait for it and hope it improves framerate. I also discovered something really strange on Youtube. I saw a benchmark video where somebody was playing this game on the same card as me, and he had an average of 30 fps, sometimes dropping to 25. How is this possible? He's getting like 10 frames more than me with the same ****ing Graphics card.

Tezoa
11-26-2014, 11:38 AM

Tanyn your testimony is very interesting, I'm playing whith a GT750M with 2Mb ram, and after spending 2 weeks lowering absolutely every possible parameter, I managed to get to ~20 FPS (moving between 8 and 33) which made the game just playable.

When Ubisoft gave me the advice to update my Geforce driver (which was already at 344.65) it got WORSE ! So thank you for your post, I had not thought about that.

Crazybone992
11-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Well, there are several models of the GT 640, and they range from 1 to 4 GB of ram. Mine has 4, but it's DDR2 iirc, I do believe the ram in your card is DDR3, not to mention other improvements that im sure took place between my card and yours... wish i could quote exact specs, but i don't have any.

Regardless, the point of my post was to say that the older NVidia Drivers (version 344.48) are doing wonders for a lot of people with lower end systems on ACU. It's also true that some people report no change at all with this method, but the majority that i've seen report *dramatic* improvement. It certainly did wonders for me, I'd at least give it a shot, you can always reinstall the new drivers if nothing changes.

The only problem here is that my pc won't let me uninstall drivers. When I tried uninstalling, the damn thing didn't delete anything. When I rebooted the system, both the display driver and nvidia geforce control panel are still present on my system.

Diarmuid_III
11-28-2014, 08:28 PM
I have played right through the main missions and beyond with a GTX 660 Ti with no problems. I did loose my save game data once. As for FPS, I haven't got a clue and done give a .......

Crazybone992
11-30-2014, 05:14 PM
What can I do now? The new patch didn't improve performance. I cannot sell the game, it's already tied to my Uplay account. It's impossible to get a refund. So basically I spent 50 euros on a game that doesn't work. And Ubisoft isn't going to compensate this to me in any way. I feel betrayed.

YazX_
11-30-2014, 05:53 PM
The only problem here is that my pc won't let me uninstall drivers. When I tried uninstalling, the damn thing didn't delete anything. When I rebooted the system, both the display driver and nvidia geforce control panel are still present on my system.

Install DriverSweeper from Guru3D or when you install Nvidia Driver, select Custom not Typical (or whatever its called) and check the box that says "Perform Clean install".

Another way is:

1. Go to programs and features, uninstall everything that says Nvidia.
2. Go to Device Manager, expand display Adapters.
3. Right Click on your Nvidia card entry and select Uninstall driver.
4. in the prompt, check the box that says "Delete Driver Software" and hit ok.
5. Restart.

Crazybone992
12-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Yep, downgrading drivers doesn't improve fps and the new patch fails at that too. Because my Computer is new (only about 1 and a half years old) and I paid a lot of money for it, it will be at least 2-3 years before I can afford a gpu upgrade. Have to play Unity with a three year delay then.

I seriously hope they don't make the system requirements of AC: Rogue so high...

jeffies04
12-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Yep, downgrading drivers doesn't improve fps and the new patch fails at that too. Because my Computer is new (only about 1 and a half years old) and I paid a lot of money for it, it will be at least 2-3 years before I can afford a gpu upgrade. Have to play Unity with a three year delay then.

I seriously hope they don't make the system requirements of AC: Rogue so high...

Don't worry too much about Rogue, it's based off the Black Flag iteration of AnvilNext so it will be a lot more stable with less requirements.

It's basically Black Flag with a different world put inside it.