PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity; Progression Reset?

rottingnugget
11-16-2014, 07:16 PM
My progression reset and I had to repeat the first mission (jaques de something).. I've been playing a lot in the past days so I don't want to repeat everything I've done so far

JoserinCJ
11-16-2014, 09:24 PM
It's a known bug now, it's because of the Companion App. The minute you synchronize your account on the app, you lose all save data of Unity (Dunno about the other games). I, too, lost like 15 hours of gameplay to this bug, hope they fix it soon :<

PS - I suggest not to play anymore until they fix the bug because it happens everytime to close and start AC Unity. Or if you do, play for hours without closing the game and backup the save data from [C://ProgramFiles(x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/savegames/720] in hopes that you will be able to use those save files when they do fix the bug.

PhazeDelta1
11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry you guys have to go through this. Unfortunately Ubisoft wont be able to fix this. The same thing happened to a few of us during Black Flag and we were all told we had to start over.

rottingnugget
11-17-2014, 12:57 AM
If it's existed since Black Flag, they should have had it fixed or not allowed us to download the app.. I've spent so many hours playing the game and I still cant play it because everytime I open it, it resets my progress...

Breckenridge119
11-17-2014, 01:56 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/952443-Temporary-Reset-Progress-Fix-PC

d00d3n
11-17-2014, 03:11 AM
This happened to me as well. Progressed about 3 hours in the game. Uplay synching was deactivated. I quit the game normally and did not interrupt the saving icon. The next time I tried to play, no save file was detected. I quit, restarted uplay and steam, which prompted uplay to ask for my email and password. When I started the game again, my savefile now was "corrupted".

The performance issues and graphical glitches are one thing, but corrupting saves in a huge game like this is just unacceptable.

Eightball BC
11-17-2014, 04:36 AM
I just got the lovely restart screen, then when I tried the trick that Breckenridge put above, now it says my save data is corrupt. I'm 26 hours in, in Sequence 6. Game crashed on me during a mission, and now...all of that progress is gone?

It's absolutely ridiculous to treat your paying customers like this.

Zokana
11-17-2014, 07:24 AM
50 hours in save data corrupt, all gear was unlocked etc. (well all that's available, without club comp). Really pissed off right now!

h3llfire741
11-17-2014, 07:35 AM
My problem is when playing coop and the mission glitches in any way, say caused by lag, or npc path is broken and won't move forward. The second I get back to singleplayer, outfits are locked and rank is set back to apprentice. My temp fix for this is to constantly back up your save as you are playing. I've made about 3 copies of my save and alternate replacement during and after missions. So far, anytime the game decides to revert me back, I quit the game, replace the save file with the backup and outfits/rank are restored. I am now able to reach quite a high rank without losing any items. Hoping this gets fixed next patch though.