PDA

View Full Version : Weapons and Weapon personalities?

Flokizzle
11-16-2014, 06:19 PM
So I've been playing Assassins Creed Unity for a little while now and I have been looking forward to using the Katana, I have just unlocked it and started to use it, it wasn't until now that I've realized that pretty much all of the weapons in a certain class (Heavy, Long, One handed ) all have the same animations. I was kind of disappointed at this, mainly with the katana, as it is pretty much just a slicing weapon, and hes performing the same animations as all of the other one handed weapons, which include stabbing animations. Its only a minor flaw, and the game has been pretty fun otherwise. I just feel the game may be better if the different weapons had different animations, like maybe just for the unique ones such as the katana, instead of just being different aesthetically?
Do you guys Agree?

KLN55
11-16-2014, 07:57 PM
I do miss some of the sweet kill animations from older games but my suspension of disbelief tells me that Arno just doesn't know what he's doing with a Katana :p

StrikeQ
11-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Yea, all weapons are way to similar. No reason to use anything aside from the highest damage then, which is a shame.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 09:27 PM
i use weapons according to their appearance and stats that i find fun, so the best weapons are not what im looking for but somewhere in the middle.

but i agree that there has been a bit of laziness with the animations. the fact that there are stabs with a mace is... beyond silly. and 2 handed swords should NOT swing like battle axes. these weapons are top heavy and the most weight they have is in the tip which creates a completely different animation style, while swords have their center of weight about 3 inches above the guard, which creates much lighter animations.
i especially dont like the two handed swords' animations since i like swords. maces - not so much.
i wouldnt mind if the parry animations were the same for the entire weapon class, but the swings should differ.