PDA

View Full Version : Is Adaptive Mission Mechanic Actually In the Game?

IMRicko
11-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Alex Amancio talked so much about how the mission mechanics have changed with Adaptive Mechanic Mission where there would be no more desynchronization should you get spotted or screw up a mission eg. tailing mission will turn into a chase or locate mission if you get spotted by the target. However it seems like it doesn't really make it into the final game. Has anyone done a mission where AAM actually work?

Courtesy of the video below, on 42:25 mark, you can see Arno gets desync when La Touche spotted him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtaeU9gmn7U

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I noticed that too. I tackled some guy I was tailing and got desynched.

Another failed promise.

IMRicko
11-17-2014, 04:38 PM
I noticed that too. I tackled some guy I was tailing and got desynched.

Another failed promise.

Yeah happened to me as well. I wonder why would all the creative directors talk so much about features that won't be in the final game. Freezing lake in AC3, and this hyped up AAM where it doesn't even work. Amancio talked about this thing in nearly every interview he did

shobhit7777777
11-17-2014, 04:45 PM
I've seen some instances where AMM kicks in...like when you lose your target during a tail and have to reacquire him at a certain location. It could also be the case that certain missions are scripted so as to provide a specific experience...sucks, I know...but that might explain the inconsistency of the AMM

dimbismp
11-17-2014, 04:48 PM
It is there but not as it was initially promised

ace3001
11-17-2014, 04:51 PM
As I mentioned in another thread previously, this is present partially, even though not the way it was promised. In several occasions, I tried falling behind on tailing missions, and the game didn't immediately desynch me, but instead gave me a new objective to locate the target using Eagle vision, complete with green circle on the map and all.