PDA

View Full Version : Not to spoil anything, *SPOILERS*

BatsEendje
11-16-2014, 03:40 PM
As said in the title, and everyone has to see that for themselves as i'm not going to spoil anything but.

My opinion is that it sucked, it was lame, short, unfinished and mainstream as everyone would've thought this would happen due to the fact a same thing happened in Black Flag.

Step up your game and come with something original next time.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 03:49 PM
yep, predictable and not really a good ending imo. Didn't have any form of a great conclusion like almost all the other games had

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 03:53 PM
I agree. They did it twice before, in Brotherhood and in Black Flag. I wish they would write better stories that DON'T involve cynically manipulating the player into feeling for the main character.

I thought it was especially jarring in this game, because after the cynical emotional manipulation (I'm trying to be vague, so as not to spoil), Arno just wanders off to have a calm conversation with the main villain. At least Black Flag and Brotherhood allowed the main character to express some feeling. Unity didn't do that, because... hell, I don't know why. It was ridiculous.

But what can we do? This is Ubisoft, and they aren't exactly known for good (or even internally consistent) writing.

Also, the final boss fight was more annoying than it ought to have been, especially because the stealth/cover system doesn't work properly.

BatsEendje
11-16-2014, 03:55 PM
The end boss was too OP, and the collectable items you gain from it are rather useless and nothing compared to the boss itself.

I just think they should either change this or add extra content because this simply proves that the game is rushed just for the money.

Really disappointed.

reprezentujewuwu
11-16-2014, 03:58 PM
ofc thread about "masterpiece" unity. =)

BK-110
11-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Arno just wanders off to have a calm conversation with the main villain. At least Black Flag and Brotherhood allowed the main character to express some feeling. Unity didn't do that, because... hell, I don't know why. It was ridiculous.

You do know that some people would react that way to such a situation, right? Not everyone shows anger through outbursts. You could see his emotions through his actions at that point.

BatsEendje
11-16-2014, 04:25 PM
I just suggest we start signing this..

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/951236-Spoilers-Petition-to-change-the-ending-for-the-better!

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 06:19 PM
You do know that some people would react that way to such a situation, right? Not everyone shows anger through outbursts. You could see his emotions through his actions at that point.

I know what you're talking about (the way he does the stabbing), and I guess some folks might think that's enough, but it's what he does next that is disconnected from reality. He acts as if nothing bad has happened. I'm sorry, but if that stabbing got out all his feelings, he's a fricken psychopath.

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 06:59 PM
I assume you're talking about Unity, then yes I agree.

The ending made the whole trip pointless.

chainedpop
11-16-2014, 07:35 PM
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/706/408/139/make-an-alternative-ending-to-assassins-creed-unity-as-an-update/?cid=headerClick#signSign this if you want to at least TRY to get an alternate ending. Every vote counts a tremendous amount.

Charming23
11-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Yep. I don't know if I can play the game anymore after beating the story