PDA

View Full Version : are you happy with Assassins Creed Unity?

danno77
11-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi guys,

Should I buy this game? Has Ubisoft done a good job this time? :confused:

OppaRex
11-16-2014, 02:57 PM
If u have a rig that can run it, I recommend you buy it! I played around 10 hours so far and I loved the game!
Here is a link to my spoiler free first impressions about the game. Hope its useful! :)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/950161-AC-Unity-First-impressions!

Nogeaux
11-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Depending on hardware specs, I believe it is the best game I've ever played. I have had no playability problems and the 2nd patch fixed the district bug so I'm really enjoying the game. YMMV.

nogeaux

PunishedRated
11-16-2014, 03:19 PM
I would be if it wasn't for the technical issues. The game itself is fantastic but is overshadowed by the negative press about the technical faults.

danno77
11-16-2014, 03:57 PM
I've done a bit of research and I hear even people with two GTX 980 in SLI are having frame drops etc. so I guess I will just wait until they fix the game and then buy it for $15 :)

Booyaah82
11-16-2014, 04:15 PM
I'd be happy if the game didn't crash so much is the main thing. My game froze in Seq 9 over and over again right before I was going to assassinate that one woman. I'm talking like 5 feet away, right click, and I would of had the auto save. I seriously think this game is troll lol.

Also I wish there was a way to ignore gamepad/joystick input for PC.

Elise_Aron
11-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Hardware conditions Suggest to buy the individual feels good ACU

Boghtdrincker
11-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Quite happy with it, still in the start of sequence 3 but iam wasting my time with using my noggin' to crack the nostradamus puzzles, getting all the cockades, doing crowd controls, crawling through the crypts and generally pissing of the gendarme so yeah iam having a blast.

seville57
11-16-2014, 07:19 PM
No, I'm not happy with this game.

No manual save opition.

After some time/hours of playin, the game starts to freeze for a couple of seconds (like the game are loadin or something) and then goes back to normal for some time and after some time the same problem again.

If you have bad luck, the game stop workin/hangs and have use the resetbutton. Ctrl + Alt + Del did not work for me.

timbit2005
11-16-2014, 08:12 PM
I am really enjoying this game, the level of detail in recreating Paris is amazing. Some parts of Paris don't have as much to do but I guess they either ran out of time or will add more stuff in the DLC. Geforce experience has an updated sli profile that wasn't with the new drivers, way better fps with that if you have two cards.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Hi guys,

what is your system specs?

if you have AMD GPU than wait for a patch that solves all the frame rate issues. if you have a mid range card - wait for a patch. if you have 780 or 970 or 980 than i guess the game will run fine, so if you liked AC1-AC:Revelations than this is the best game in the series. im loving it... a lot!

it just runs like cr@p...
the smart thing is to wait. there are a lot of issues with it that UBI needs to solve.
it isnt even certain that they WILL solve them. they might be engine related and cannot be solved for the PC. we dont know.
the game is in poor state right now and only computers with brute force can plaugh through it.

but i think it's a great AC game when it works. every important aspect of it is an improvement IMO. combat is MUCH more fun, parkour is better, stealth is better, mission structure is more open and there is fun customization.... i'd say there is co-op but the bugs prevent me from playing it altogether...

DocHoliday69
11-16-2014, 09:08 PM
I've done a bit of research and I hear even people with two GTX 980 in SLI are having frame drops etc. so I guess I will just wait until they fix the game and then buy it for $15 :)
I have 2 980 and the frame rate is fine, although it depends on your cpu,ram ect. My only issue is the graphics themselves. It just seems blurry and not sharp like the previous titles. Yes I'm running ultra.
It's not a bad game but to me everything has changed including the controls{keyboard-mouse} some for the better some not so much. I need to start playing the game more and forget about my disappointment with the graphics!

gamertaboo
11-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Love the gameplay completely. I didn't have much problems with running the game like everyone else until patch 1.2. Still the game is awesome, they took AC back to it's roots, and I love everything about it.

Green_Reaper
11-16-2014, 09:49 PM
I think Unity is one my of my favorite AC games along with Blag Flag, Brotherhood, and AC1. I love it, but the technical issues are bringing it down. There are too many game-breaking bugs and glitches. The performance is great when it decides to work but when it doesn't you just want to scream at the monitor. I'm sure you can list more than a dozen issues. I used to think AC3 was king in this department, but I never had this much of a headache with AC3, or as many serious issues for that matter.

Scottoest
11-16-2014, 09:59 PM
The gameplay is essentially AC Brotherhood with bigger crowds and ranged stealth weapons. Technically, if you have a PC that can run it and aren't encountering any of the laundry list of bugs, it's visually stunning at times. As a living rendition of Revolution-era Paris, it's incredible.

However, they've continued to layer more and more contextual mechanics on top of the already creaky AC control scheme, leading to some of the most frustrating unintentional actions I've had in an AC game yet.

The combat is marginally more challenging than it's been in years past, because they appear to have gotten rid of the infinite chaining of one-hit kills that made you into a human Cuisinart in previous games. Of course, you can still cheese your way through a ton of missions by simply hitting targets with "berserk blades", and letting other enemies do your work for you while you go get a latte.

The missions have been pretty standard AC fare up to now - kind of a step back from AC4, which introduced fundamental new things to do, in a fundamentally different setting. Thankfully, the "present day" Animus narrative appears to be minimal so far (which for me, was forever ruined by the awful conclusion of the Desmond storyline in AC3). Arno isn't the worst protagonist in the series, and he isn't the best. The story hasn't been very interesting up to now, but I've heard the final 1/3 is the best part.

Oh, and as must be mentioned - this game is positively infested with tie-ins/microtransactions. Be prepared to spend hours performing menial tasks in the companion app and "Initiates", if you are a completionist. Be prepared to force yourself to play co-op in a "club", too. Care to upgrade that companion app to the "premium" version, for the low low price of $1.99? Can I interest you in some "Helix Credits"? We've got a great deal on a bundle of them for $99.99.

The game is pretty standard AC fare. If you enjoy that, and can endure the technical problems, it's fine.

KelSaor
11-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Well, I waited till the 1.2.0 patch came out after hearing some poor comments, I wanted to make sure I didnt experience the problems.

Now my gpu is only a 3gb AMD 7950, and the game does not perform well, massive fps drops during combat or when running. Totally not playable.

I really hope Ubisoft fix this asap, otherwise they have just lost a customer who has bought every AC game going.

Green_Reaper
11-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Well, I waited till the 1.2.0 patch came out after hearing some poor comments, I wanted to make sure I didnt experience the problems.

Now my gpu is only a 3gb AMD 7950, and the game does not perform well, massive fps drops during combat or when running. Totally not playable.

I really hope Ubisoft fix this asap, otherwise they have just lost a customer who has bought every AC game going.

Hopefully next patch fixes performance issues. 1.2.0 got rid of most stutters for me, but I still get random lags once in a while. I get this feeling that most people's rigs should actually be doing much better than they think.

Crashes still happen but they aren't specific, and more random.

strigoi1958
11-16-2014, 10:38 PM
It is unbelievable to look at... the gameplay is not as simple as before so no 1 click counter kill... missions take a little more thought and stealth (which is great) if you liked renovating in the early games you'll like this... there are a few minor things like the odd NPC or the light coming through walls and an occasional freeze... (I get one about every hour but I'm not sure if that is my friends on uplay messaging me or a glitch). I don't like microtransaction where real cash can be used :( (you do not have to use cash) or the nomad missions on mobile phones and tablets (as they're too small to see) but despite its troubled start it should go on to win awards it really is that good... as long as your pc can play it.

Nogeaux
11-17-2014, 01:27 AM
Absolutely - after patch 2 things have been running great. The only thing that sandpapers me now is having to use companion apps. Ain't gonna happen but everything else is a pleasure to play.

nogeaux

Blackred689
11-17-2014, 02:15 AM
I'm liking the game very much.

it may help that I haven't played many AC games in the past but this feels much more advanced, like an early AC done to the level they wanted. I love how rich and dense the environment is, incredible architecture. Tons of detail inside many buildings, lots of quests to do. I find Arno and Elise very likeable and keen to advance the story and more so the characters who you come across

perhaps the reviewers are jaded by many AC games. I understand some people are having issues but I think how much work and passion has gone into this game and feel the hurt that a lot of the creators much be feeling.

b_maze
11-17-2014, 02:59 AM
No not satisfied at all. Too many issues. Performance, glitches like falling and desync for no apparent reason, poor frame rate. It took 3 days to get it up and running, kept crashing on start up. finally had to uninstall and reinstall and change the frame rate settings to get it to run at all.
IMO UBI should have waited to iron out the kinks before release.

Ghostpoidog
11-17-2014, 05:07 AM
:(Just very sad, this game had all the Hype of being the "Best" in the series, looks great but that's it.!! A HUGE DUNG PIE WITH EXTRA URINE TOPPING.:mad: I am not as HARDCORE a player as others but I dropped close to 50 hours since it was release on Nov.11 and today (Nov.16) all that got reset. Ubisoft has made no attempt that I am aware of to compensate those affected by this lost. FOR SHAME YOU MONEY GRUBBING CORP.:mad: Much like the French monarchies Ubisoft has lost touch with its People.

StrykeS12
11-17-2014, 05:13 AM
As a person that's been through all of the series, and usually always go for 100% completion (just because I love the game and spend a lot of time in it)... this is the worst one out of all of them.

* Combat Camera is always zooming into your character and never showing you the people around you. You always end up fighting with the camera, in fights, than the actual people.
* Free Run is the worst it's ever been. You'll get so frustrated trying to get into a window, over a building, or down one; as you never go in the intended direction or you take 2-3 extra 'leaps' just to get there.
* Saving/Cloud-Save issues are causing people to completely lose hours of gameplay some how. Hasn't happened to me but I've seen the reports.
* They introduced "In-Game Purchases" via their Companion App and went with micro-transactions.
* You'll be constantly getting "Connection Failed" if you have the Companion App, which results in hours of lost time.
* Combat isn't fluid. You'll glitch out a lot. You'll be hit from a high z-axis because the game can't understand that someone is between you, or above you. Once you get 'locked in combat' with someone the game always thinks you're on even ground with your attacker.
* Mentioning it again; the Climbing/Descending System is horrible. It's not fluid and your character will 'fall through the inside of a building' or glitch into the building as you're trying to climb up or down. You can get completely stuck on a building and be forced to have to use 'Fast Travel' to get un-stuck.

I can go on and on... but they've patched most of the Graphical Issues I think; I have an nVidia 970 so I never really got hit with those issues, thank god. But, all the other issues are insane and I've personally disowned my 'fan-hood' of the Assassin's Creed Series now. Black Flag was amazing... and Unity is a pile of junk. I have no idea how a Studio can allow that to happen; and I hope whomever was in charge of allowing this incomplete game to hit the market gets canned.

Seyton.
11-17-2014, 06:03 AM
No, I am not happy

This is the single worse assassins creed released, and Ubisoft should be ashamed that they released this game in the unplayable, buggy, poor performance state it is currently in.

Not to mention the possibly of losing all your save data at any random moment which was a problem in Black Flag and still exists in Unity.

And the nerve to add in a cash shop and lock content behind apps and third party programs is disgusting.

Ubisoft should never have released this game as it is in its current state.

Diarmuid_III
11-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Simply the answer is NO!

nonamename1
11-17-2014, 06:56 AM
I've already gotten 27 hours out of this, and even more hours playing the companion. I'm loving this game, even more than Black Flag.

I do miss the beautiful scenery of the Caribbean and the diving, which I really loved.

However, the sheer scale of this, the amazing architecture and texturing, new animations, etc...

this game is beyond my expectations. Although I already was pretty sure it was going to be good.

Yuushilove
11-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Yes I'm happy, game averages just a little over 30 FPS which was their target. Game looks beautiful, the city is truly crowded and feels like Revolutionary Paris. I like the new combat system, love the emphasis on stealth. I love Elise. I love the murder mysteries and Paris stories.

Game performs for me about as well as majority of high spec games so I'm less of a drama queen about it.

Zokana
11-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Love the game can deal with the bugs etc, but game save corrupt and losing all progress is really annoying...

untmdsprt
11-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Yes I'm happy, game averages just a little over 30 FPS which was their target. Game looks beautiful, the city is truly crowded and feels like Revolutionary Paris. I like the new combat system, love the emphasis on stealth. I love Elise. I love the murder mysteries and Paris stories.

Game performs for me about as well as majority of high spec games so I'm less of a drama queen about it.

30 FPS is their target for PC? You're joking right? By that thought, I should be running the game on high/ultra high with no stuttering. Save for the GPU (GTX 770) I meet the recommended computer specs and the frame rate was all over the place even on low.

Glitches were quite funny as people would hover over the street instead of walking, a man gets sucked into the street, and others running in place in the air. Not so funny was Arno getting stuck in closets, not being able to go through the window like you wanted and basically getting stuck in odd places.

Major disappointments in the game:

no true stealth mode. It would have been nice if stealth was actually like the version in Splinter Cell Blacklist. Buying clothes for stealth was pointless it seemed.
deleting my game file after 31 hours of play. I won't be spending any more time with this game until this serious bug is worked out.
making people pay real money for Helix points. Screw that!
Companion app and/or other websites. I really don't give a damn about playing this game on my iOS and certainly not going to be buying toys of the characters to increase my level on some website just to open a gold chest. I already have the other AC games in the series, isn't that good enough?!

Things the game got right:

not having to buy a ton of shops just to make money. That got old really fast in the other games.
lockpicking chests or doors.
Paris is huge and beautiful! Nice to be able to walk into a building and not have to wait for a cut scene.
Murder mysteries and other side quests. I was having fun doing those instead of the main game.

Until the saved game bug gets fixed, this game will be shelved for the time being and I'm going back to Black Flag and finishing it.

Philandros
11-17-2014, 02:14 PM
I too can cope with getting stuck on fences, in hay carts and other areas of the map which to me are no worse than Black Flag. However the massive in-game network pauses for sometimes 10 secs at a time, which I suppose or either caused by U-Crap or syncing with the cloud? is damn right annoying.

I know I could play offline, but that is hardly the point. Why game manufacturers feel the need to package third party programs, like Steam, UPlay or Origin in order to boot a game is still a mystery to me. Non-essential clutter that does nothing but create problems with spam advertising and penny pinching access to content that should already be included in the game. Rant over!.

wootwoots
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
yes and NO

The optimization is just a utter sh*t so, imo it waste a LOT the whole gameplay experience.
So unless Ubicr*p work hard on that... its going to most likely stay with a NO and a little yes just because of that.

- Beeing forced to play the stupid initiate ( so play other Assassin creed ) to get somes reward.... NO !
- MicroTransaction ? wtf ! nice try greedy...
- Beeing forced to play club stuff in order to get a nice stuff with the stat i would have needed.. NO ! Would have been smarter to put somes skins and let thoses who want to solo only beeing able to access to all the stats...

And its very sad because the game itself is fun, very fun ( very nice side quest, Paris is awesome, real open world. etc ). I didnt really liked the preview Assassin creed ( too old, or didnt liked the time and place of the III and IV so i didnt even gave a try ) but i like that one.
The "free run" and climb and sometime be a bit irritating. Not always easy to exactly go where i want to.. but that's "ok" i can get use to that.

FIX YOUR DAMN OPTIMIZATION

Berol1991
11-17-2014, 02:32 PM
I was, but than I've met bug that can orce me to restart whole game (we will see if they patch it the way I will not be forced to do so) so clearly in such big game I can;t see option to play now and restart untill I end game luckily without any fatal bugs.

BTW did you noticed games became more and more bugged? With seriouse, game-breaking bugs? It isn't just Assassin's Creed thing. I played Skyrim. Forced to quit after meeting few bugs (on Legendary Edition so you know far from premiere, sadly I didn't use unoficial patches as I thought it was long enough or official). I plaied Batman: Arkham Origins. Month for all patches that made game playable. WTF? At least 3 or mre companies suddenly lost ability to make games that you can play from premiere? I know games are bigger and more complicated. I know AC is complicated to the max as Ubi conncted it to 3 other programs and made coop additionally so many things to keep together. But I was said they made this game in 4 years. And mst of bugs aren't problem of connection to anything. Next time Ubi, pls made game in 5 or 6 years and spend year or two on fixing bugs. Yep, lot of cash to do so. More cash if frustrated gamers will say "Bad Bye". Can't happened? Bethesda made me not to buy they games at all with just one Skyrim. EA just made me nervous about cutting content and selling t in DLCs. There are many companies makeing games even if I will not be able to find new hobby. It's uite easy to not buy games from one. And Ubi? AC III - bugged to top. AC IV - bugged little more (or just my luck), AC:U bugged more frustrating than both AC II and IV together. How could Ubi made AC. AC II, AC:B and AC:R playable from moment I bought them? Magic?

Psychbrite
11-17-2014, 08:14 PM
I might be if I could actually play it..
I've had the game for five days and havent been able to start it yet.
Haven't played a minute... so not a great first impression I have to say.

davkar9
11-17-2014, 08:43 PM
No, absolutely not. I ve just finished seq7 and after i ve entered the server bridge portal the game crashed. No big deal - 30 sec-1 min to log back. But when i entered again i appeared in the city not the bridge. From this point i cant get back into it and i cant continue the story. This means i cant collect the chests (3rd tier ls skill after seq9). Sidequests are available but whats the point? Only solutions i found about this says i need to delete my save. Well i wont do that so unless ubi can get their **** together the game is finished for me.

And thanks to the clarity of mind that the initial rage brought me so is the franchise. You just cant do this in a 'AAA' title in 2014. You just cant. Theres the option to delay your release date if youre not ready - also you dont have to keep churning out titles annually if you cant keep up the pace. If you have issues your job is to work you *** day-n-night to fix them because you have an obligation to your customers/fans/whatever you wanna call the people who actually (i bet the pirates have a better time with their version...) spent $60 on your product.

But 'why so sour' you ask? 'Why dont you play the multiplayer in the meantime?' Oh, i i would but the coop has its fair share of issues from unbearable lag to constant connection problems.

aruler
11-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah sure am, best Assassins Creed game for me personally.

Bahjabroni
11-17-2014, 09:57 PM
When the game is functioning well enough to play/enjoy, absolutely. I'm really impressed with it, especially the world.

Obviously, the tech issues are a bit of a nuisance and once they get them sorted I'm sure this will rank in my top 3 of AC games.

pbsec
11-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Yeah sure am, best Assassins Creed game for me personally.

+1

greywolf238
11-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Like many others have said, IF your computer can play the game well, then yes buy the game, If you loved AC1 and AC2 you will love this game.

Nocturnal626
11-17-2014, 11:25 PM
:mad:

You will loose your progress and then hear nothing from support because why should they care they have your money already!!! Seriously its infuriating and ontop of that every aspect is micropay to win so unless your rich as hell just ovoid this POS:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::m ad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::m ad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TuurZ
11-18-2014, 02:09 AM
I love the game, the great diversity in gameplay, the great graphics, love it! 10/10

similarly
11-18-2014, 02:42 AM
There are things I love and things I don't.

POSITIVE:
Game runs great on my pc.
Gameplay and missions are VERY fun.
So far (in Sequence 4) very few "follow" missions compared to Black Flag.
LOVE the coop. My experiences with coop have been VERY positive.
Love the choice of equipment and outfits.
LOVE the new free running. In Black Flag and ACIII, I kept running UP things when all I wanted to do was run AFTER somebody. ACU fixes this.
Much more variety (I feel) in how to complete missions.

THINGS I WOULD CHANGE
Bring back whistling
Allow me to carry a musket AND sword. I mean, if the musket is on my back, why can't I wield a sword, right?
I wish I didn't have to play the companion app to unlock chests or get rewards
I liked ACIII's lock picking.
So far in the game, I'm spending too much money on phantom blades and lock picks. I think the prices should be cheaper.
I'd prefer NOT to be attacked if I'm just walking around. I know they want to encourage blending into the crowd, but I think they over-use it.

Overall, though, I really like the game and want to especially thank the great people who've done coop with me.

Lastdie
11-18-2014, 02:54 AM
Hi,

Personally, I'm happy with this game, single player, coop, it's fun actually.

Most important part is, my PC spec doesn't even met the recommended spec but I still got great graphic with medium setting and NO FPS drops WHATSOEVER (I don't understand why others experience it that much)

Buy it, coop mission is great, really.

jcasell
11-18-2014, 04:38 AM
i was very happy with the game, until ubisoft decided i didnt need my save anymore. now not so much

RazorHair
11-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Some things in the game are done well, the coop for now is nice ( because im not board of it yet ) the char customization is nice.. they need to bring back hand to hand, whistling, some weather effects

like lighting, snow, something like that.. they need to bring more stealth elements into the game, throwing knives, crossbow, just more stealth things. bring the hidden blade back as a weapon to fight

with..they should have put to where you can have two pistols a rifle and a sword with 2 hidden blades.. they took a lot of things out of this game and added only a few things.. the cover system is

nice but seems they could have done a bit more with it. The combat is nice, harder a bit but nice. The lock picking is kind of a joke... its not done very well. The cloth animations seem real stiff to me,

they could have done a more fluid better job on this ( seeing how it IS next gen so they say ) while talking about next gen the lighting is nice I will give them that, good job on that ubi.. but they took

things out that I wish they would not have and added very few things to make up for it, always being attacked or alerting guards is kinda annoying.. they should have kept it like if you had a high or

low profile set like in the first one.. also they need to put throwing knives back in and for once put a cross bow in the game.. The story is ok its not quite like the 1st game ( which in my opinion was a

really great story, that they have kinda left behind even though they kinda brought it back. Over all its a ok game, it was over hyped and too much PR and advertisement.. I would like kinda a 1st and

2nd creed game mixed in with AC IV ( just not as much boat action even though it was fun but I was on the seas alot and I liked land a bit more ) unity is land baised and more like the 1st and 2nd

games just seems to be missing some kind of charm. Is it worth playing? yes I think so if you are a fan but they are taking this series to strange directions that i'm not so sure im a fan of.. I really miss

the style of the 1st and 2nd games even brother hood was pretty good. AC3 was ok, ACIV was pretty dang good but the story was meh.. all in all they need to rethink what they are doing.. bring

back more of a modern day setting ( but you killed Desmond which was not too good to do ) The modern day was to me more awesome in 3 then Connors story.

End point, its a good game not a great game ( aside from all the bugs and problems ) It is missing the charm of AC and AC2 ( which AC was my favorite.. like common Altier taking on all them Templars

at the end lol ) it is worth a play but im not so sure this is that awesome creed game we have all been waiting for.

kuled2012
11-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Might just be my last AC purchase. And I bought all of them. Even Liberation and Freedom Cry. Too many glitches, not enough people caring and a massive step back from what was the excellent AC4. Stop releasing this game every year, when AC2 came back in 2009 it was wonderful. You gave it 2 years developing it and until Black Flag everything else was a disappointment. Of course you don't care, sales income generated from this game is too much to let down but god. This is too much. I'm never buying an AC game again. And I've been loyal from the start. From 2007 when Altair stepped on to the scene and took my breath away. And now you ruined it. Great job Ubisoft. Great job.

Emmhor17
11-18-2014, 05:13 PM
I AM.

Except...
The story is pretty short and I want the original Multiplayer mode in the game also.
They have it in black flag so they got everything just need to implement it.
I know you have these side mission but they're also just assassination mission.
I like the renovated cafe mission.

Just add the original Multiplayer and im done

Fatal-Feit
11-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes. ;)

Rifikaro
11-18-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm NOT! this game is fking ********... bugs after bugs frame drops, camera freez, game freez. i feel like its beta test of game i think this is the last assassins i have bought... very disappointed.

Irganon
11-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Yes, I am. Game works as it should.

AnakinCC
11-18-2014, 07:48 PM
The game itself, yeah I love it. AC finally went back to its roots.
And I absolutely LOVE the customization options, which I think are very important!
One downside on the game itself is that this time, the music doesn't impress, at all. There is not a single soundtrack from this game I'd separately listen too.
Another downside is the "current day time storyline" which is pretty...lets say...LIMITED ? And that's pretty disappointing.

But the technical issue's cannot be overlooked. AC is considered a AAA game. And you cannot convince me that his game has been tested, properly, by anyone at all, before they released it. I suppose a maximum of 5 people "tested" this game and not even in its fullest from start to finish nor on every platform or a 100% playthrough. And even with only 5 people, I'd like to assume that at least 3 of them would discover the huge technical flaws such as falling through the ground, not having Coop and Initiates working properly and the frame drops or texture pop-ins.

At any case if there was actually a beta test team, which I highly doubt, then they ALL need to be sacked ASAP. No excuses.

Psycho1691
11-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Hey I am sure AC is a good game if people could play it...... ubisoft is a joke never ordering from this garbage again.

Altair1789
11-18-2014, 09:25 PM
The story was terrible. They focused mainly on gameplay so they could exaggerate the quality of the story and show off tons of gameplay to attract newcomers to the series. The story didn't have much to do with any modern day or first civilization stuff, and it was really short. In the end of the game the modern day lady basically says "we didn't even need to do any of that". So unless there's another Arno game (which is likely in my opinion since there's a LOT of unexplained stuff) then it doesn't advance the main storyline of Assassin's Creed at all. I thought it was pretty stupid thatPierre Bellec mentions the "markings on the wall" of the Bastille, and then that's it. Nothing more on them or who put them there. So much in the story could have been done better, but they seemed to not care at all about the story. I personally think AC3 had the best mix of gameplay and story telling, but since Connor wasn't Ezio a game like AC3 will most likely never happen again. I hope they change this habit of making up for a crappy story with gameplay, I don't want another game without a REAL modern day story and without a good/ relevant story

Also, if that menu in the beginning of the game with all those different templars and assassins isn't in some way going to be used again (DLC, after 100% sync, I don't care) then I'll be more disappointed

Phyx42
11-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Yes, in my opinion it's the best AC game since AC 1, has everything i wanted, Customize,free room COOP,awesome graphics,realistic animations,awesome story.
Too bad there are many kids that complains about the game because they got a ****ty pc and can't run it.

Aethroth
11-19-2014, 01:02 AM
NO ! Why ?

- Framerate down (i7 3770k, 980gtx, 16go ddr, ssd)
- More crash game (Nom du module défaillant : nvwgf2umx.dll, version : 9.18.13.4465, horodatage : 0x5457e53f)
- Bug postion people in game, bug texture, bug animation, bug light...
- We cant open chest unlocked in acu aps smartphone
- Gameplay of fighting is poor & just stupid difficult
- Free run it s not fun, and it is more bug than the previous version

This game is just an official scam it is a scandal to sell ca how not to be ashamed !!!
I think never buy product ubisoft in future.

J'ai un gout plus que amer dans la bouche pour avoir payer un tel produit 80€ en gold + saison pass......

jbag73
11-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Hi guys,

For once I decided to actually BUY an assassin's creed game.... I was so excited for this one, and instead of torrenting it, I bought it. Im unimpressed, right now its not a game! Its a laggy potato..... Some people play the game on very high everything and no problems, others (even super high end PCs) get lag every 3 seconds. Its unplayable, until theres confirmation that its fixed... I suggest you wait. Feels like a game of hit or miss. But other then that, it looks fantastic! Excited for when I can play it! :D Gl

JAC072
11-19-2014, 01:26 AM
[Deleted for double post.]

jbag73
11-19-2014, 01:27 AM
Yes, in my opinion it's the best AC game since AC 1, has everything i wanted, Customize,free room COOP,awesome graphics,realistic animations,awesome story.
Too bad there are many kids that complains about the game because they got a ****ty pc and can't run it.

We complain because we dont have "****ty PCs", we have computers that can run every game on highest settings..... Yet even on the lowest of low, we still get lag. Im not saying its a bad game at all, just that its broken. Im excited for when we can play it!

JAC072
11-19-2014, 01:29 AM

You are wrong, many of us have the recommended hardware and software, and even better. Yet we are still having a lot of issues with bugs, and crashes. Your comments demeaning and insulting players for reporting issues is quite a strange behavior, and would lead me to believe that you have some agenda in favor of Ubisoft for some reason.

Razrback16
11-19-2014, 03:24 AM
I personally would not recommend. The graphics are good, story is ok, but the combat system ruins the game. So many flaws.

Altair1789
11-19-2014, 04:33 AM

People complain because they can't run it with 980s when some people can run it with 750 Tis. It's not their fault

I think the worst part about combat is how sometimes you can't see when the guards are going to shoot you if they're off screen

strigoi1958
11-19-2014, 04:37 AM
just read patch 3 notes and they're also looking at optimization and possibly NPC numbers but only if problems still exist.. not at the moment :(

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185420-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Altair1789
11-19-2014, 04:43 AM
If you have the hardware to run it and don't care about a good or long story, get it

behindtimes
11-19-2014, 05:40 AM
People complain because they can't run it with 980s when some people can run it with 750 Tis. It's not their fault

I think the worst part about combat is how sometimes you can't see when the guards are going to shoot you if they're off screen

People need to make compromises with this game. Even with a high end machine, you won't be able to run it at Ultra Max with TXAA at 1080p60. That's just a fact of life. But turn down AA to MSAA2x and a high end PC can then hit that mark. But I realize most people aren't going to want to spend $4k+ for a computer. Turn down the settings and accept 30 fps.

I'll agree that the game's buggy, and there are issues with the companion app, uplay, etc. Other than that, with the right machine, it's a decent game.

DarkAngel_1784
11-19-2014, 06:11 AM
I like this game, if they can sort out the know issues and glitches it would be so much better

TRS.SilencE
11-19-2014, 08:48 AM
I must say in the beginning i was quite sceptical, it didn't run right (no proper CFX profile yet) and it felt clunky.

Now with AMD beta driver 14.11.1 (14.11.2 is out i know) it runs fine, everything on ultra, softshadows on, HBAO+ (even though it shows the stupid Nvidia logo) and everything else on Ultra and MSAA2x (MSAA4x/8x makes it stutter) i'm able to get a steady fps and it runs great. The game itself is really good fun. So yes i can say i'm happy with ACU.
(i7 4770K @ 4.6/16GB/2 x 290x - Windows 7)

However...

What really grinds my gears is Uplay, 1 bugged and F'ed up program. Clunky, slow and isn't working most/half the time, people not showing online when a 3rd player is able to see us both online and all 3 of us are in the same game.. After host migration when we left a public coop game someone else took my name... and i wasn't able to do anything after that.
Restarted the game still same issue, only after restarting Uplay (both of us) it started working again. Seeing myself ingame as another player saying i can invite myself to play coop?!

Unclear where you can enter promo codes, i still got 5 codes here and no clue where to enter them, i even got banned for 10 minutes because i tried entering them several times.. Ubisoft support seems to be on holiday also.

For me Uplay is the worst part of ACU, it's just not ready.

They should have let Steam handle online play, i've never had issues with that.
It's the same in FC3 also really bad online, dropping players, lag, and other issues.

danno77
11-21-2014, 06:04 PM
has the game performance been improved yet?

CUTDACHERRY
11-27-2014, 01:45 AM
I wanna get AC:U but am still a bit skeptical after everything i heard they brought out a patch to address over 300 problem, so am wondering is the game worth getting now? As i wanna pick it up from https://www.g2a.com/r/assassin-s-creed-unity-uplay-cd-key-global-html as its the cheapest place i found digitally and this game is not all that to be throwing my money at but is there a glimmer of hope for it?

similarly
11-27-2014, 02:25 AM
I've actually really enjoyed Unity. I've had very few problems with the main game (only fell through the ground once, and had ONE problem with a Cafe Mission and ONE problem with a coop mission), but overall, it's been great. I have had problems with Initiates, but it hasn't kept me from playing ACU or enjoying it. I like the pacing of the game, and feel it may come to be my favorite AC game.

embi
11-27-2014, 02:32 AM
I really enjoy this game. Its incredible detailed... the whole town actually really is alive! Its just awesome and I have a lot of fun playing it.
Only thing making me stop/abort playing often is that really annoying, game breaking stuttering :(

Red_dawn87
11-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Finished the game 4 days ago only waiting for the patch to run it smooth and play co-op and heist missions and do freeroam and stuff and yes the game graphics are awsome