PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to improve performance

King_of_Ricers
11-16-2014, 01:42 PM
'ello!

Okay, here's the thing. After playing this broken **** for 2 days straight, I started thinking....maybe if Ubi could make the crowds smaller, and decrease the number of those useless pedestrians wandering around the streets. Maybe it would fix the stuttering, textures popping in when you're in front of them, etc. It's rather clear that these useless mobs require a lot of CPU power and needless to say the game's engine itself doesn't seem to be able to handle all this, hence you get stuttering and graphical bugs.

I get it, they marketed this game by saying: ''look at dis crowds dey so cool''. Well, how about giving people an option in the damn settings! More pedestrians, less pedestrians...isn't this so easy to make? I mean seriously, who even wants these. You mostly run through these mobs, not even noticing anything unless they have their face all wrong, their clothing bugged or someone has found themselves on the roof. In every mob, there's at least one of these to be found. Okay, maybe you need those big mobs when there's a ''riot'' on the streets with them waving the French flag, but why on earth do you need so many just wandering about in those tight streets? Nor would you really notice if there wasn't so many of those individual pedestrians on these street riots either.

Maybe in your first 2 hours of gameplay you are interested in those crowds, after that...they're an obstacle which slow you down in every way, really. :nonchalance:

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 01:55 PM
oh yeah. im sure UBI didnt think about it :-P

i agree we much prefer a steady frame rate than that many NPCs, as impressive as they are, but i dont think it's the NPCs that cause performance issues. i have tons of FPS drops in districts where there arent that many NPCs, not to mention indoors, where there are about a dozen or two.

something is messed up with this game. i cant figure out what's causing such bad performance.

also if you go into eagle vision, even in a large crowd scene, you get a FPS boost.
wierd. its like there is a rendering technique that reduces fps. maybe the lighting, the GI or something...

King_of_Ricers
11-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Well it's true that crowds can't be the only source to be causing this, but I'm quite certain if there was an option to decrease the size of those crowds, many with weaker CPU's could be getting smoother FPS and the engine could render things nearby more easily.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2014, 04:46 PM
it's the buildings.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 06:09 PM
it's the buildings.

what do you mean?

also, my CPU isnt weak, i believe. it's i7 4770 3.4ghz. that's past the recommended yet it still chugs....

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Fix the buildings and you improve performance.

Calgerion
11-16-2014, 06:48 PM
i have i7 4790K 4 / 4.4Ghz cpu and its 100% loaded with poor performance in the game :-)