PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy Assassins Creed:Rogue??

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Hey guys

im pretty new to the forums and i think this is the first thread i've made but anyway im still contemplating whether or not to buy this game?
i do not own a next-gen console unfortunately and it will be a few months time until i will be able to invest into a next-gen console i've also heard very bad things about UNITY:/ ROGUE looks pretty good but i am a bit disappointed at the outfit for Shay being different to the one on the cover
but that's just a small picky nuisance really.

The story sounds awesome but i didn't enjoy the naval combat and im not very keen on experiencing it all over again but i can certainly get over it
At the moment im bouncing between:

AC:IV DLC or AC:ROGUE

thanks to anyone who helps out! :D

Or should i just wait until it drops in price?

steveeire
11-16-2014, 01:40 PM
wait for the draop in price or the port to new consoles.

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 01:49 PM

thanks bro have you played it?

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes, you should.

It's a great game, fun, and worth the money.

Impressive story, Black Flag's gameplay, and a awesome lead character.

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes, you should.

It's a great game, fun, and worth the money.

Impressive story, Black Flag's gameplay, and a awesome lead character.

thank you friend whats it like playing as a Templar in your honest opinion and to my knowledge there is a phase where your on no side right? and by the way whats the modern-day like its the same as AC:BLACK FLAG right? the whole hackers damaging the security is compelling to me.

reprezentujewuwu
11-16-2014, 02:04 PM
yes

game is huge, great story + epic main character.

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 02:09 PM
yes

game is huge, great story + epic main character.

im sold, will be buying this soon :cool:

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 02:19 PM
thank you friend whats it like playing as a Templar in your honest opinion and to my knowledge there is a phase where your on no side right? and by the way whats the modern-day like its the same as AC:BLACK FLAG right? the whole hackers damaging the security is compelling to me.

Yes, I think you play the same character from Black Flag or if you don't, it's so similar you might as well be.

As for being a Templar, it's kind of weird because Shay is a lot MORE compassionate than your typical Assassin. Despite being a growly street brawler and criminal with a few murders to his belt, he is the only Assassin who pauses to think. "You know, those Templars were people too. Are we going to kill all of them? Why not make peace? Also, what about all those guards we've killed?"

Which was a nice bit.

reprezentujewuwu
11-16-2014, 02:26 PM
and one thing. assassins are not pure evil black, same templars are not pure white. i was afraid that now templars'll be pure good and assasins pure evil

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Yes, I think you play the same character from Black Flag or if you don't, it's so similar you might as well be.

As for being a Templar, it's kind of weird because Shay is a lot MORE compassionate than your typical Assassin. Despite being a growly street brawler and criminal with a few murders to his belt, he is the only Assassin who pauses to think. "You know, those Templars were people too. Are we going to kill all of them? Why not make peace? Also, what about all those guards we've killed?"

Which was a nice bit.

wow i really like the sound of that! i will be buying this tbh.

Jackdaw951
11-16-2014, 02:34 PM

My thoughts exactly. I can't bring myself to pay $60 for last-gen games anymore. Drop the price by half or better, or let us have a (good) current-gen version.

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 02:35 PM
and one thing. assassins are not pure evil black, same templars are not pure white. i was afraid that now templars'll be pure good and assasins pure evil

i was afraid of that as well!

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 03:10 PM

I doubt that. They could have made Shay go after a "evil" branch of the Assassins. Instead, it's very obvious the Assassins are still good. It's just they're terribly misguided and innocent people are dying as a result. Also, some not so innocent people who may not deserve to die simply because they wear red cross.

It's a situation where Shay may be making a poor decision too. It's up to the gamer to decide. War is Hell.

My thoughts exactly. I can't bring myself to pay $60 for last-gen games anymore. Drop the price by half or better, or let us have a (good) current-gen version.

Eh, if I get 40 hours of entertainment from it. I pay full price.

I have.

I don't hold it to a technical standard. I hold it to "did I get my money's worth?"

reprezentujewuwu
11-16-2014, 03:42 PM
well, story in rogue is.. complicated. its everything about Shays decisions and his view. he's just human. he's not so ideal as Ezio. in his opinion assassins brotherhood is wrong

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 04:07 PM
well, story in rogue is.. complicated. its everything about Shays decisions and his view. he's just human. he's not so ideal as Ezio. in his opinion assassins brotherhood is wrong

It's kind of funny because Shay looks and acts like the kind of guy you wouldn't think to be an especially deep thinker but zeros in on a ton of stuff the Assassins ignore.

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Yes. It's 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Unity, IMO.

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 08:28 PM
It's not a perfect game, I'll be the first one to admit.

But it's a smashing success, IMHO.

souNdwAve89
11-16-2014, 09:17 PM
If you live in the United States, wait for Black Friday because Rogue will be $25 at Wal-mart. If that's sold out by chance, then Best Buy is having it for $35.