PDA

View Full Version : I am so dissapointed in YOU

pablo2977
11-16-2014, 12:23 PM
I am so diassapointed, not at ubisoft but at the so called fans, ubi has spent so much time and effort making an beautiful and amazing game that so many people have had a hand in making. They must have been so excited for you to play the game that they have spent years making and what do the get on release day? A bunch of people complaining that the game is not perfect, so what if it has glitches they are working to fix it.

Imagine compaining to a doctor that after hours of surgery has managed to save your life but has left you missing a few toes, sure it wasnt perfect but at least you have your life.Or complaining to a firefighter for not managing to stop the fire from damaging your house even though they saved your life.I know they are not the same but still just think about it

I know that not all the fans are like that but alot are, Ubi has provided us with hundreds if not thousands of hours of enterntainment each year since 2009(i think) and all i see each year is people saying such and such is better or this game is s***, get over it they are trying, each year they listen to us and add in added features that we want

I for one would like to thank ubisoft for such an amazing game that i am truly loving:o

(Btw im talking about unity in case you havent figured it out, and sorry for any bad spelling, english is my first language but im really bad at spellings sometimes)

lothario-da-be
11-16-2014, 12:25 PM
I agree 100% I am only in sequence 5 but the game has been absolutly awesome so far. The game looks exactly like what they promised us to me.

pablo2977
11-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Thank you for seeing its true beauty and not hating on it

dxsxhxcx
11-16-2014, 12:34 PM
people have every right to be upset when the game is barely unplayable for some of them or they think its quality is questionable for a game that has been in development for (allegedly) so much time, if it wasn't for the yearly releases (a practice used to maximize profit and nothing else) I think many people would probably overlook many of its problems and be more patient but since they are milking this franchise all they can and quality seems to come in second on their priority list IMO all this hate they're receiving seems to be appropriate...

the recognition of the developers work was already made when people decided to pay for the game instead of just pirate it, when they trusted the company and pre-ordered the game even knowing that Ubisoft is known for its eye candy advertisement campaign or someone bought not one, but TWO or THREE collector's editions for a single different exclusive item because, yes, Ubisoft is kind enough to not make a single collection edition with all the items for those who can afford it (but who cares, right? These people have money after all..), instead they are forced to buy a "backup" copy of the game (and pay full price for it and more for its exclusive items) that probably won't be ever used by them...

but hey, the costumer is always wrong, right? Let's just look to the bright side of life... sing along please...

http://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo

ps: and one more thing, the developers aren't slaves, they were paid for their work and while I think the company's bussiness practice certainly isn't on their favor, this doesn't give them a free pass for everything wrong that happens with the game...

steveeire
11-16-2014, 12:44 PM
You'd have a point if the game actually worked on day one and didn't need to be patched, imagine you bought a new car and it only half worked, would you not be pissed.

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Dude,

I'm an author by vocation, academic by trade. The thing you need to understand is criticism is a good thing. None of us are here because we hate Ubisoft. All of us are here because Ubisoft has been nice enough to create a wonderful world we've become emotionally invested in these past seven years. We're here because we LIKE Assassin's Creed.

We like Altair (some of us), Ezio (most of us), Connor (all of us even if he's the annoying kid brother of the family), Edward (everyone of us but the people who object to piracy and murder for some reason), Shay (most of us), and Arno (some of us).

If we say, "I don't like Assassin's Creed: Unity." It's not because we're trying to hurt their feelings, because God forbid we treat them like adults who can handle being talked to about a problem. No, we say we don't like it because we expect them to be able to do better. The dislike isn't because we think they stink but because we know they're talented.

And the flaws for Unity shouldn't be there. It's unprofessional of them.

The game is gorgeous but they knew better than to shove this out the door.

Many of these problems can be fixed but even if they can't, so what? Very few of us are saying we're leaving the franchise forever. Most of us who are upset will be here next game. We just expect them not to make the same mistakes and are letting them know why we didn't like it in hopes they can avoid them in the future.

Complaining is an act of love here, not hate.

Aphex_Tim
11-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Cheers lads. Sure, this game has a few hiccups but it's not nearly enough to justify the immense amounts of hate it's receiving right now.
It has so many things done right but you rarely hear anyone about that.

DanPenfold
11-16-2014, 12:50 PM
The games is very good tho.

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Cheers lads. Sure, this game has a few hiccups but it's not nearly enough to justify the immense amounts of hate it's receiving right now.
It has so many things done right but you rarely hear anyone about that.

Actually, I think Unity's negative reception has been pretty tame. People say they dislike the main character, the plot, the bad history, and the immense bugginess.

The hyperbole, "WORST GAME EVER" has been pretty tame so far.

That's probably why Ubisoft has been listening.

It's much-much worse when it's not a bunch of screaming fanboys talking about Mass Effect 3's ending and voting Ubisoft the worst company ever.

No, this is the fan's talking to the company about a problem like adults.

That's when you know you've REALLY screwed up.

I think the weirdest complaint has been from the French Far Left party who think Assassin's Creed insulting Robspierre is an immense horror.

steveeire
11-16-2014, 12:53 PM
I enjoy the game but people do have a right to be angry that it doesn't work properly.

DanPenfold
11-16-2014, 12:55 PM
There like it with every game ^

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 12:57 PM
being a fan does not mean you need to kneel and be a peasant to the thing you are a fan of
ive followed assassins creed since the release of the original AC and automatically adored it
these past few games have seen a steady decline and look and feel incredibly rushed which is such a shame
my biggest problem at the moment honestly is the lack of modern day
and the stupid path of "Abstergo Entertainment" they took instead of the gritty and dark "Abstergo Industries"
Unity looked amazing but so many key features are missing its utterly shocking really,
hopefully the next game can tie-up whats missing here.

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 01:00 PM
being a fan does not mean you need to kneel and be a peasant to the thing you are a fan of
ive followed assassins creed since the release of the original AC and automatically adored it
these past few games have seen a steady decline and look and feel incredibly rushed which is such a shame
and the stupid path of "Abstergo Entertainment" they took instead of the gritty and dark "Abstergo Industries"
Unity looked amazing but so many key features are missing its utterly shocking really,

I like Abstergo Entertainment because they're showing you the Templars aren't the Umbrella Corporation. Millions of people, perhaps even hundreds of millions, work for Abstergo and the Templars without realizing they're serving the interests of a massive evil corporation.

It's also wonderfully creepy that the Ubisoft of the Assassin's Creed universe has its own mercenaries and dungeon.

I mean, seriously, they lock you up indefinitely if they dislike you.

And it's all legal.

steveeire
11-16-2014, 01:01 PM
There like it with every game ^
Yes but it shouldn't be like that, games should not be released 3/4 of the way finished, how did we get to a point where its fine when they release games 3/4 of the way finished?

DanPenfold
11-16-2014, 01:01 PM

Where do you think think the next game will be based and what time? on the timeline?

DanPenfold
11-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Yes but it shouldn't be like that, games should not be released 3/4 of the way finished, how did we get to a point where its fine when they release games 3/4 of the way finished?

Well, they might add new stuff :) You never know.

steveeire
11-16-2014, 01:07 PM
maybe fix what they have before adding anything.

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 01:09 PM
maybe fix what they have before adding anything.

If they get all the bugginess out, it'll be an absolutely gorgeous game with a boring lead, bad history, and uninteresting use of the time period.

But Frenchzio isn't BAD either so it'll just be kind of there.

Ziiimmie
11-16-2014, 01:11 PM
I like Abstergo Entertainment because they're showing you the Templars aren't the Umbrella Corporation. Millions of people, perhaps even hundreds of millions, work for Abstergo and the Templars without realizing they're serving the interests of a massive evil corporation.

It's also wonderfully creepy that the Ubisoft of the Assassin's Creed universe has its own mercenaries and dungeon.

I mean, seriously, they lock you up indefinitely if they dislike you.

And it's all legal.

i was curious by the idea at first and i thought it would have been awesome but i feel personally they didn't flesh it out as much as i'd like it to be it DEFINITELY has potential however!

I LOVED THAT PART! that part was soooo epic but imagine how great it would have been if the Research Analyst actually had some dialogue ;)

Where do you think think the next game will be based and what time? on the timeline?

no idea my friend i haven't played Unity or Rogue yet due to finances haha but once i get to it ill be able to construct an answer i personally want a female assassin in Feudal Japan that would be my ideal Assassins Creed :cool:

DanPenfold
If they get all the bugginess out, it'll be an absolutely gorgeous game with a boring lead, bad history, and uninteresting use of the time period.

But Frenchzio isn't BAD either so it'll just be kind of there.

It's a game, and it's about history.

steveeire
meh I like Arno.

Charles_Phipps
11-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Arno is kind of a character which is hard to criticize because if I do, I sound like I'm hating on the dude.

I'm not.

I just think he's in rather crazy company. Here's my example:

Connor, Ezio, Altair, Shay, Edward, and Arno are in a room together.

All of them are great guys.

But it's a bit like Scooby Doo really.

Arno comes off looking like Fred while everyone else is Shaggy, Scooby, Velma, and Daphne (Ezio is Daphne).

Fred is okay but he's no one's favorite character.

steveeire
11-16-2014, 01:19 PM
But Fred would have your back in a fight.

DanPenfold
11-16-2014, 01:22 PM
But Fred would have your back in a fight.

That's very true ;)

ace3001
11-16-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm disappointed in YOU for having made such a bad thread.

Ubisoft is not a charity. They don't make games out of the kindness of their heart. They make games because they're a business and they want to sell their product. And when they do that, people who find that the product is not upto standards have every right to complain about it.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 02:01 PM
there is a difference in how a game performs and how a game is designed. i agree that the design is wonderful. it's the most fun i had with an AC game since AC2. not that AC2 was better than ACU, just better than AC1.
ACU is fantastic with really super important improvements to aspects that really matter.

but it doesnt perform well and i payed a good amount of money for a product that usually doesnt work as intended.
so UBI deserves praise for the design (IMO at least) and hard spanking for the technical aspect. design wise i'd give unity a 9.0, but on a technical level - a 4.0. on average it's a decent 6.5, because it doesnt work well.
when it's fixed (if ever) than it will be of much higher value.

RzaRecta357
11-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Agreed I love the game. My frames haven't seemed to dip passed 25. I barely notice it to be honest but they've said it has to do with their connection issues right now also. I've got a 50 down and 30 up so I assume that helps clear it up a bit for me.

EmbodyingSeven5
11-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I haven't played unity yet. but if it has the amount of glitches AC 3 had I will be upset. because if something isn't polished, you don't shove it out the window .no excuses.
its not like ubi had no choice but to sell the game glitch filled yah know? I wouldn't be upset if they addressed the fans and said- you know what...... we need more time on the game and here's why. this is what they should do.