PDA

View Full Version : Snipers and firearms

Bigodon
11-16-2014, 11:46 AM
well, its just me or someone else is finding this too overpowered?
a sniper npc can one hit kill us in almost all time, no matter the level you are or the armor you wearing

got aimed? run and hide because the chance you get killed is high
people can debate this is "realistic" decision, not for me and seems another flat unbalanced game design

also, snipers can one hit kill us in the air and we learned their bullets also make curves, because me and a coop friend get killed when we are hide in cover, with no possible clean shot for npc, so we can call this anal snipers.

npc firearms also is too powerful, sometimes i got one hit kill from any distance.

SquareToShoot
11-16-2014, 12:06 PM
What annoys me is that the ai enemy snipers seem to have a way bigger range with their weapon. I can be stood aiming at one with my rifle but the reticle stays white because the enemy isn't in range and it just doesn't hit them. They can shoot me dead no problem though. Admittedly I'm only using the very first rifle and I'm hoping the range improves with better rifles. The stats however say that ALL rifles have maximum range...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 01:36 PM
The game does tend to really punish the player in the early game. Snipers have the longest ranged weapons you can buy, so they will out-range you in the early game. My advice is to work on getting your armor upgraded and work on getting a rifle with the longest range.

In the meantime, use your eagle vision to find where snipers are (don't just see one and go in - look around him - you need to make sure he doesn't have some other sniper watching his position) and take them out from behind, preferably from a distance with the phantom blade (because moving close may get you seen by another sniper), before getting deep into any restricted zone.

Unlike previous games, Unity forces the player to really take time preparing for a kill.

Bigodon
11-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Beeryus, have you not read what i said "no matter your level or amor" ?
i have Arno's full legendary gear equiped with enough protection, lv 2 of 3 health hability unlocked and i still having chances to get one hit killed by snipers or ground npc with firearm

once they lock aim in us we can't do anything, drop smoke? for sure, but my finger hit the butom, Arno during the battle do not drop the bomb due input laggy and i got a shot.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Well, I've no idea what the problem is. I have about the same armor you have, less health than you, yet I don't have that issue. When I get shot it maybe takes my armor down by a quarter - if that. Could be a bug I guess. It may be a stupid question, but are you sure you're actually equipping the armor? I've done that occasionally - selected it but forgot to equip it.

Still, if it is a bug, the methods I listed will allow you to play until the developers sort it out.