PDA

View Full Version : Is there still anyone having FPS issues?

overlordCJ
11-16-2014, 07:44 AM
My PC specs:

Windows 7 64-bit ultimate
Intel i5 4670k
Gigabyte Z87M-D3HP
Asus R9 270 2GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz
Corsair CX600M
Thermaltake NiC C5

Both my CPU and GPU are overclocked already but I'm still getting very poor FPS on low graphics settings. I was able to run Battlefield 4 on ultra settings, especially it's an online FPS game, not a single-player game.
Before any comments about updating DirectX, GPU and etc, I've already done all that.

Especially, I bought the Bastille Edition for $90 and it left a very abominable message to me THAT YOU MUST NOT PRE-ORDER A GAME. This lesson was well worth $90 and the 10 minutes of gameplay with ROUGH FPS I played. I understand that Ubisoft will do their best to solve the game issues, unfortunately, I can't bring myself to support them. I bought this game to play it, not to complain and read comments, but the FPS issue is preventing me to play the game.

Is there still anyone having FPS issues or is there any other ways to fix this problem?

Vintage_Green
11-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Yes and I already posted the solution

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/951473-EAGLE-VISION-Fixes-FPS-allow-new-view-mode

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2014, 08:03 AM
My PC specs:

Windows 7 64-bit ultimate
Intel i5 4670k
Gigabyte Z87M-D3HP
Asus R9 270 2GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz
Corsair CX600M
Thermaltake NiC C5

Both my CPU and GPU are overclocked already but I'm still getting very poor FPS on low graphics settings. I was able to run Battlefield 4 on ultra settings, especially it's an online FPS game, not a single-player game.
Before any comments about updating DirectX, GPU and etc, I've already done all that.

I would just like to play the game that I bought.

Is there still anyone having FPS issues or is there any other ways to fix this problem?

lower your settings, lower your resolution. Your CPU speed is way too low, though. I can run the game with my 2.20GHz laptop on almost all low (textures at high), 1280x720 resolution, at a decent frame rate, granted my CPU doesn't downclock. Your issue is that your CPU speed is very low, too low imo for the game. But that's all I can offer. Run the game on low with the lowest resolution, in windowed mode. The buildings will still lag as they're the primary cause of frame rate issues, but when you're not near the very detailed buildings, you might get decent fps.

froggy_terry-
11-16-2014, 08:48 AM
lower your settings, lower your resolution. Your CPU speed is way too low, though. I can run the game with my 2.20GHz laptop on almost all low (textures at high), 1280x720 resolution, at a decent frame rate, granted my CPU doesn't downclock. Your issue is that your CPU speed is very low, too low imo for the game. But that's all I can offer. Run the game on low with the lowest resolution, in windowed mode. The buildings will still lag as they're the primary cause of frame rate issues, but when you're not near the very detailed buildings, you might get decent fps.

overlord never even specified their CPU speed... This game is just poorly optimised, overlord's hardware should easily run this at medium settings @40-60 FPS but because the game is a steaming pile of faeces at the moment (and probably will remain so), it will continue to run like crap on anyone's computer. Ubisoft really f*cked their consumers this time.

overlordCJ
11-16-2014, 08:59 AM

The i5 4670k average clock speed is 3.4GHz although I overclocked it to 4GHz and there is no way my CPU speed is way too low . Do you still think this is low? Even though I didn't specify my CPU speed, you ought to know the average clock speed of this CPU. As I have stated, I lowered everything to low settings, including my resolution.

Zarmr
11-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Hah, I have R9 - 280x and FX - 8320 and I cant get more than 25 fps on any settings...

shadygiz
11-16-2014, 12:18 PM
i posted this in another thread the other day: -

just benchmarked the versailles start point and according to benchmark tool, i am getting 71fps max @ 1080p Ultra (144hz) V-SYNC OFF (Patch 2 installed)

I have also set up a custom nvidia profile for ACU and am running 16x Filtering with performace power mode and single monitor config

does anyone know if PC FPS have been locked in game?

I would expect to see a lot more than 71fps from this game with my rig especially when i can get a solid 120fps in BF4 (and that is broken)

My rig: -

I5-4670k @ stock
Corsair H110i water cooler
Gigabyte Z87x-UD3H m/b with latest F10b bios
MSI GTX970 4g/b OC Gaming GPU (running latest 344.65 driver)
16gb DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance RAM
Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I dont remember AC3 or black flag running like this or maybe its because i have the 144hz moinitor now and drops to 70-80fps are more noticeable

overlordCJ
11-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Hah, I have R9 - 280x and FX - 8320 and I cant get more than 25 fps on any settings...

Hah! You need a new GPU and CPU because ACU needs one (sarcasm)

i posted this in another thread the other day: -

You just took the words out of my mouth. Thank you for sharing it to me.