PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Disappointed With ACU

DynaRider
11-16-2014, 07:24 AM
I was really looking forward to the game but now I'm beginning to think it was not money well spent. For the first in any of the AC series I have totally lost count of the number of times I've died. I've literally had to turn the game off rather quickly before my controller got thrown at the television. Latest example was a mission to eliminate 4 bad guys. Got three of them and the last had some soldiers around that dispatched me rather quickly. That was bad enough but, I discovered I had to start the mission all over again and the results were the same. I'm really confused trying to figure out how to upgrade Arno and I have a lot of hours play time so far with all the view points visited, 14 of the enigmas plus some of the missions and Arno is still at the soldier level with one lock-pick skill and the first level of skin. I do have smoke bombs and the hidden blade weapon but can't figure out why UBI only allows 2 Beserker blades.

I wonder who UBI selects to test the games being developed. Are they super, best in the business gamers or do they get some pretty average people off the street? This game is sometimes impossibly hard and getting killed routinely with one shot or starting with a couple of enemies and suddenly beset by a hoard of them and getting killed with one shot or a couple hits with a sword before you can even grab a quick drink of medicine quickly eliminates the fun factor. The controls in the Unity version seem to be more "twitchy" than usual with Arno jumping around all over the place with just the slightest deviation of the control stick. Sometimes getting stuck in places where you have to fiddle with the controller to get him to move which really sucks when your trying to escape by jumping over walls or climbing to rooftops.

The graphics in Unity are excellent and the level of detail is truly amazing from the reflections in water puddles, to the ornate interiors of palatial homes, and the dirty, grimy poor and manufacturing districts, it's all pretty realistic. I guess I'm just an average player, or maybe not so average since I'm 77 years old, and I guess I'll keep plugging away at Unity. But the long load times, having to restart missions from the beginning and constantly being killed by more soldiers than you can possibly fight off has most certainly removed the fun factor that keeps me replaying the other versions. As the subject says, I'm truly disappointed with AC Unity.

devildog789
11-16-2014, 07:45 AM
You have to buy and upgrade robes. Rank is based on equipment. Better robes give you more health, more blades, bullets, medicine, etc.

Swords are huge too. The starting sword takes like 5-8 hits to kill soldiers, but upgrading to an officers sabre takes it down to about 3-5 hits.

Also get the power strike, heavy hit upgrade skill for one-handed weapons. If you time everything right, you can make your own kill chain moves by using it and then 2 hitting him right after.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-16-2014, 07:49 AM
I was really looking forward to the game but now I'm beginning to think it was not money well spent. For the first in any of the AC series I have totally lost count of the number of times I've died. I've literally had to turn the game off rather quickly before my controller got thrown at the television. Latest example was a mission to eliminate 4 bad guys. Got three of them and the last had some soldiers around that dispatched me rather quickly. That was bad enough but, I discovered I had to start the mission all over again and the results were the same. I'm really confused trying to figure out how to upgrade Arno and I have a lot of hours play time so far with all the view points visited, 14 of the enigmas plus some of the missions and Arno is still at the soldier level with one lock-pick skill and the first level of skin. I do have smoke bombs and the hidden blade weapon but can't figure out why UBI only allows 2 Beserker blades.

I wonder who UBI selects to test the games being developed. Are they super, best in the business gamers or do they get some pretty average people off the street? This game is sometimes impossibly hard and getting killed routinely with one shot or starting with a couple of enemies and suddenly beset by a hoard of them and getting killed with one shot or a couple hits with a sword before you can even grab a quick drink of medicine quickly eliminates the fun factor. The controls in the Unity version seem to be more "twitchy" than usual with Arno jumping around all over the place with just the slightest deviation of the control stick. Sometimes getting stuck in places where you have to fiddle with the controller to get him to move which really sucks when your trying to escape by jumping over walls or climbing to rooftops.

The graphics in Unity are excellent and the level of detail is truly amazing from the reflections in water puddles, to the ornate interiors of palatial homes, and the dirty, grimy poor and manufacturing districts, it's all pretty realistic. I guess I'm just an average player, or maybe not so average since I'm 77 years old, and I guess I'll keep plugging away at Unity. But the long load times, having to restart missions from the beginning and constantly being killed by more soldiers than you can possibly fight off has most certainly removed the fun factor that keeps me replaying the other versions. As the subject says, I'm truly disappointed with AC Unity.

yeah ******** you're 77

boosho
11-16-2014, 08:13 AM
You may have upgraded your skills but it sounds like you need to upgrade your equipment as well.. your rank is based on the number of creed points you accumulate when you do certain moves, like controlled descent, blend killing, air assassinations etc...

the diamond rating next to your rank is how well equipped you are, so you could be a master assassin but if your equipment is only at a 1 diamond then you are going to die A LOT.. so you need to improve your weapon and clothes (from head to toe). The equipment also changes how many consumables you have so you could upgrade your forearm bracers for additional lock picks and blades and upgrade your belt for more medicine and smoke bombs..

D.I.D.
11-16-2014, 09:02 AM
I was overjoyed the first time I got killed, and I'm still loving it now. It's pretty much always my fault, when it happens. I should have run away, or I should have used more stealth to thin out their numbers, or I should have used some equipment in a particular way. So I get killed again and again sometimes, until I refine my technique. And then later, I face a new situation and ace it first time because of the battering I took earlier. Thank God it's a game at last, and not just an instant badass simulator. This series was in danger of being eclipsed by Ubisoft's own Watch Dogs.

Tips:

Run away, and never run away in a straight line.

Use Eagle Vision, a lot. You need to figure out where everyone is positioned, and the map won't reveal them instantly anymore.

Pay attention to the upgrades for the clothing items before you choose which ones to buy or equip. Lots of them are exactly the same on basic stats, but their upgrades can be enormously different. If you want more Beserk blades, look for the items that give you that. Don't just look at the Health bar on an item - look in the upgrade list for extra HP. Some will give you +9 HP.

Don't avoid an item just because of a red warning on the bar. That's just telling you it's lower on that stat than the current item you're using, but it's okay. You can balance out stats across different items, and once you've maxed a stat there doesn't seem to be any benefit to adding to it.

Upgrade the Café, and unlock all the clubs around the city. They give you more income, and if you keep an eye on the Café's bank, you can keep emptying it before it fills. You'll quickly get enough money to buy anything you want. You'll need points as well as francs, and you can earn quite a lot of those just in random combat. Once you've got the hang of the timing for parrying, Perfect Parry is one of the most useful ways to earn points, since you can just keep parrying enemy blows and let them feed your score.

joelsantos24
11-16-2014, 09:32 AM
I was really looking forward to the game but now I'm beginning to think it was not money well spent. For the first in any of the AC series I have totally lost count of the number of times I've died. I've literally had to turn the game off rather quickly before my controller got thrown at the television. Latest example was a mission to eliminate 4 bad guys. Got three of them and the last had some soldiers around that dispatched me rather quickly. That was bad enough but, I discovered I had to start the mission all over again and the results were the same. I'm really confused trying to figure out how to upgrade Arno and I have a lot of hours play time so far with all the view points visited, 14 of the enigmas plus some of the missions and Arno is still at the soldier level with one lock-pick skill and the first level of skin. I do have smoke bombs and the hidden blade weapon but can't figure out why UBI only allows 2 Beserker blades. I wonder who UBI selects to test the games being developed. Are they super, best in the business gamers or do they get some pretty average people off the street? This game is sometimes impossibly hard and getting killed routinely with one shot or starting with a couple of enemies and suddenly beset by a hoard of them and getting killed with one shot or a couple hits with a sword before you can even grab a quick drink of medicine quickly eliminates the fun factor. The controls in the Unity version seem to be more "twitchy" than usual with Arno jumping around all over the place with just the slightest deviation of the control stick. Sometimes getting stuck in places where you have to fiddle with the controller to get him to move which really sucks when your trying to escape by jumping over walls or climbing to rooftops. The graphics in Unity are excellent and the level of detail is truly amazing from the reflections in water puddles, to the ornate interiors of palatial homes, and the dirty, grimy poor and manufacturing districts, it's all pretty realistic. I guess I'm just an average player, or maybe not so average since I'm 77 years old, and I guess I'll keep plugging away at Unity. But the long load times, having to restart missions from the beginning and constantly being killed by more soldiers than you can possibly fight off has most certainly removed the fun factor that keeps me replaying the other versions. As the subject says, I'm truly disappointed with AC Unity.
Try to change your approach.

First, AC fans in general (a crushing majority, for that matter), had been criticizing Ubisoft for years, regarding the game's unattractive, repetitive, easy and rather mechanical fighting style/system; second, we were effectively warned that the whole fighting system and style had changed completely for Unity, and more importantly, it was now significantly more difficult to handle and master.

And the truth is, you're facing several soldiers at the same time, why should it be easy? I'm honestly loving Unity, and I've also died countless times, but that's just the way for us to learn and develop the best approach possible.

As the trailer from AC1 blatantly demonstrates, the Assassin is fundamentally tasked to eliminate a target, he has no business (or interest, mind you) to engage in a fight with 4-8 guards around him, quite simply because he's an Assassin, not a warrior. His aim is to be as silent and inconspicuous as humanly possible, so he has to pack light and tread softly. Packing like a warrior (e.g., Ezio in Brotherhood) is effectively counter-productive to that purpose. So, in other words, kill the target(s), and if you're not updated enough, regarding health and protection, just run, break the line of sight and escape the area. That's what an Assassin should do, or at least the conventional type.

I was overjoyed the first time I got killed, and I'm still loving it now. It's pretty much always my fault, when it happens. I should have run away, or I should have used more stealth to thin out their numbers, or I should have used some equipment in a particular way. So I get killed again and again sometimes, until I refine my technique. And then later, I face a new situation and ace it first time because of the battering I took earlier. Thank God it's a game at last, and not just an instant badass simulator. This series was in danger of being eclipsed by Ubisoft's own Watch Dogs.

Tips: Run away, and never run away in a straight line.Use Eagle Vision, a lot. You need to figure out where everyone is positioned, and the map won't reveal them instantly anymore. Pay attention to the upgrades for the clothing items before you choose which ones to buy or equip. Lots of them are exactly the same on basic stats, but their upgrades can be enormously different. If you want more Beserk blades, look for the items that give you that. Don't just look at the Health bar on an item - look in the upgrade list for extra HP. Some will give you +9 HP. Don't avoid an item just because of a red warning on the bar. That's just telling you it's lower on that stat than the current item you're using, but it's okay. You can balance out stats across different items, and once you've maxed a stat there doesn't seem to be any benefit to adding to it.Upgrade the Café, and unlock all the clubs around the city. They give you more income, and if you keep an eye on the Café's bank, you can keep emptying it before it fills. You'll quickly get enough money to buy anything you want. You'll need points as well as francs, and you can earn quite a lot of those just in random combat. Once you've got the hang of the timing for parrying, Perfect Parry is one of the most useful ways to earn points, since you can just keep parrying enemy blows and let them feed your score.Exactly.