PDA

View Full Version : did anyone else notices that Unity is missing things they said it'll have

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 05:31 AM
At the moment I can only really think about how in the E3 single-player demo the developer said that you can upgrade eagle vision. Well that's not true, throughout the months they said you can upgrade eagle vision to improve the range and then the final upgrade is communal sense.

Oh and I just climbed the Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris (same church from the SP demo) and the controlled descent looks nothing like it did in the demo. It's much slower and not as graceful.

Is there anything else that you noticed during your time with the game that Ubisoft said was in the game but wasn't upon release? Anything you wish they kept or were happy they didn't?

DumbGamerTag94
11-16-2014, 05:33 AM
You can upgrade eagle vision. It's one of the perks for different kinds of hoods and such. It's not it's own skill branch but it is upgradable.

wvstolzing
11-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Oh and I just climbed the Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris (same church from the SP demo) and the controlled descent looks nothing like it did in the demo. It's much slower and not as graceful.

I honestly think it's better this way; some of the demo footage looked as though Arno had been bitten by a first-civ spider.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 05:51 AM
You can upgrade eagle vision. It's one of the perks for different kinds of hoods and such. It's not it's own skill branch but it is upgradable.

They said you can upgrade the "eagle pulse" into eagle vision then to communal sense. The hoods are perks not upgrades, my point is they said that you could upgrade it (like a skill) and then didn't have it in the game.

I honestly think it's better this way; some of the demo footage looked as though Arno had been bitten by a first-civ spider.

Lmao it did, but it still looked cool. It looked like he had some weight to him when he landed though so it was cool. Controlled descend is still great, but could use some improvements

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 05:51 AM
I noticed that the game doesnt have most of what the trailers advertised. Like 4 assassins getting into a building and tossing a guy out the window or Arno preventing a Templar woman from being executed via guillotine then fighting off the guards. NONE of that ever happened in the story. The only one that i saw happened was the time rift trailer. Other than that, nothing. Usually when games come out, they release trailer for what actually happens in the game, i didnt see that with Unity at all.

ace3001
11-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Controlled descent is so clunky. It was something I was really looking forward to, and it turned out to be nothing like what they made it out to be.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 05:57 AM
Controlled descent is so clunky. It was something I was really looking forward to, and it turned out to be nothing like what they made it out to be.

Personally I like it, when it works well. But climbing down the Notre-Dame sucked, it looked nothing like the demo and was super slow. Half the time the game couldn't find a spot to go to.

I noticed that the game doesnt have most of what the trailers advertised. Like 4 assassins getting into a building and tossing a guy out the window or Arno preventing a Templar woman from being executed via guillotine then fighting off the guards. NONE of that ever happened in the story. The only one that i saw happened was the time rift trailer. Other than that, nothing. Usually when games come out, they release trailer for what actually happens in the game, i didnt see that with Unity at all.

Well the CGI trailers never really have anything similar to the game. But the e3 co-op demo showed a nice cgi ending to the mission and I have yet to see any cgi ending to the co-op missions.

Honestly Ubisoft has been showing stuff off in their demos and then taking them out in the final game since AC1. Check out this demo and tell me if you notice anything that wasn't in the game at release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlSWpjmHf4

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Personally I like it, when it works well. But climbing down the Notre-Dame sucked, it looked nothing like the demo and was super slow. Half the time the game couldn't find a spot to go to.

Well the CGI trailers never really have anything similar to the game. But the e3 co-op demo showed a nice cgi ending to the mission and I have yet to see any cgi ending to the co-op missions.

Honestly Ubisoft has been showing stuff off in their demos and then taking them out in the final game since AC1. Check out this demo and tell me if you notice anything that wasn't in the game at release:

And i really think that is ****ty. Most games that come out show trailers of what to expect in the game and they always include to cutscene or game play of that trailer in the final product.

Fatal-Feit
11-16-2014, 06:08 AM
At the moment I can only really think about how in the E3 single-player demo the developer said that you can upgrade eagle vision. Well that's not true, throughout the months they said you can upgrade eagle vision to improve the range and then the final upgrade is communal sense.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly how they promised, but it was there. You can still upgrade its range, longevity, and cooldown through your gear. And communal sense is achievable.

Personally, I like how it is in the final product.

PFFFTAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is off-topic, and I'm going to sound like a graphic snob, but I can't help but laugh at this. I've been playing Unity on PC, max settings, etc (don't know what's its like on consoles), and the world looks almost exactly like AC:1 in terms of textures, clipping, pop-ins, and draw distance. They're near identical! I know they were going back to the roots, but literally.

Anyway, both games are still beautiful, so I don't really mind. :p

D.I.D.
11-16-2014, 06:20 AM
As has been said, they balled the upgrade for vision into the clothing perks. That's good, I think. I wish there was more streamlining of double-up complexity, and I don't think we've lost anything for not having Eagle Vision as its own Skill tree.

I'm pretty amazed at how consistent their promises have been this time.

Lots of people were saying "bullshot" from the first screenshot to the gameplay videos, but the game looks better on my PC than any of the previews. If only they'd been allowed to give it another 6-12 months for more fixing and setlling rough edges in the design! I still love the game as it is, but it's a shame that this one will be remembered as a travesty when it's really not. The designers did an amazing job, but the higher-ups are entirely to blame for forcing the games to appear before they're ready.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Yeah, it wasn't exactly how they promised, but it was there. You can still upgrade its range, longevity, and cooldown through your gear. And communal sense is achievable.
Personally, I like how it is in the final product...

PFFFTAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
This is off-topic, and I'm going to sound like a graphic snob, but I can't help but laugh at this. I've been playing Unity on PC, max settings, etc (don't know what's its like on consoles), and the world looks almost exactly like AC:1 in terms of textures, clipping, pop-ins, and draw distance. They're near identical! I know they were going back to the roots, but literally.
Anyway, both games are still beautiful, so I don't really mind. :p

Lmao, Ubisoft takes the concept "back to the roots" to a whole new level... But yea I do like how the perks are on the gear, but I'm sick of all the false promises.

side note: is it me or is communal sense the most pointless ability ever created?

And i really think that is ****ty. Most games that come out show trailers of what to expect in the game and they always include to cutscene or game play of that trailer in the final product.

I feel you man or woman, i'm just tired of it. If it's in the game then show it, don't show us something that will never be seen

As has been said, they balled the upgrade for vision into the clothing perks. That's good, I think. I wish there was more streamlining of double-up complexity, and I don't think we've lost anything for not having Eagle Vision as its own Skill tree.

I'm sure i can find more broken promises about unity tomorrow, i'm too tired to search now

Fatal-Feit
11-16-2014, 06:39 AM
side note: is it me or is communal sense the most pointless ability ever created?

From my experience, it's pretty darn practical. You and your party can highlight targets for each other from a distance, which is pretty useful, especially for rooftop guards. And it's especially handy when you're is in a tight spot, surrounded by guards on all sides and your partners don't know the layout, so with communal sense, they'll know who, where, and when to assassinate/etc.

I don't know. For me, it's been fairly useful. It's probably just something others need more experience with.

ace3001
11-16-2014, 06:47 AM
PFFFTAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, both games are still beautiful, so I don't really mind. :pIt's the horrendous textures that's making it look so old. And the crowds. Oh, lord, the crowds. They look so bad I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to go for these huge crowds when current hardware isn't capable of pulling it off well. It's not like they add anything significant to gameplay either. They are just there, being a nuisance at times at best.

Matt.mc
11-16-2014, 07:08 AM
It's the horrendous textures that's making it look so old. And the crowds. Oh, lord, the crowds. They look so bad I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to go for these huge crowds when current hardware isn't capable of pulling it off well. It's not like they add anything significant to gameplay either. They are just there, being a nuisance at times at best.

It is pretty sad. They wanted these beautiful huge crowds but as I'm playing Unity every time I see a big crowd I instantly run away from it because of the frame drop, the fact that I just don't want to look at the pop ins and the that you can't move through the crowd in a smooth manner.
But one thing is annoying me the most and that is the frame rate in the cut scenes, I cant concentrate on the story when it's like this.

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 07:59 AM
What "false promises?" A trailer doesn't consist of a promise, neither does E3 footage, as it's usually just Alpha footage.

There's currently an armchair trailer of gamers playing Unity and following the Assassins they control.

It's just to tease and get a story across. Besides, I don't like it when missions show up in announcements and gameplay footage because it's like... I've seen this before. Sivert is a great example of this.

walkbyfaith76
11-16-2014, 08:24 AM

Lots of people were saying "bullshot" from the first screenshot to the gameplay videos, but the game looks better on my PC than any of the previews. If only they'd been allowed to give it another 6-12 months for more fixing and setlling rough edges in the design! I still love the game as it is, but it's a shame that this one will be remembered as a travesty when it's really not. The designers did an amazing job, but the higher-ups are entirely to blame for forcing the games to appear before they're ready.

agree agree agree, and sorry but NO GAME plays as well as the trailers and dev plays, just like the burger on the commercial looks nothing like the one in your bag after you leave the drive-thru, it's called advertising and it's been going on since customers started buying things. Beer commercials make every night at a bar fun and full of beautiful people, it never shows the hang overs, coyote uglies and DUI's, they're selling beer! . Movie trailers show the best most exciting 5 minute movies you must go see, they leave out the 90 minutes of boring dialogue and driving from A to B that makes up most of the movie. They want you to pay 20 bucks to watch it! I've already played ACU for over 30 hours and got my money's worth and had more fun than I've had in a game in a long long time, there are bugs, glitches, freezes and all other sorts of hiccups. It's still one of the best AC games and GAME period. Whiners whine, complainers complain, naysayers...say nay? whatever. ACU rocks, thanks UBISOFT, I haven't even seen half the city, there are hundreds of quests still, DLC, a DL game, and bonus missions to release, Patches will come and the game will be awesome, complainers will, still complain....

D.I.D.
11-16-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm sure i can find more broken promises about unity tomorrow, i'm too tired to search now

If you have to put effort into it, it's probably not important!

Every game loses some features between development and release. Some things just aren't as good as they seem at first, or they clash with some other mechanic, or they're too time-consuming to implement. AC1 is probably the worst offender of the whole series on this score, but we don't care as much about the pre/post-release discrepancies really. We got some of those things back later.

Acentik
11-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Were is Wall eject...?
Nothing against the new freerunning system, its not bad but u can really controll were you go anymore, you cant jump of a wall...
Good old AC2 Parkour times

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 03:27 PM
From my experience, it's pretty darn practical. You and your party can highlight targets for each other from a distance, which is pretty useful, especially for rooftop guards. And it's especially handy when you're is in a tight spot, surrounded by guards on all sides and your partners don't know the layout, so with communal sense, they'll know who, where, and when to assassinate/etc.

I don't know. For me, it's been fairly useful. It's probably just something others need more experience with.

Well everyone has eagle vision and you can mark targets without eagle vision so why have communal sense. From what i've played everyone just uses eagle vision on their own.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 03:39 PM
If you have to put effort into it, it's probably not important!

Every game loses some features between development and release. Some things just aren't as good as they seem at first, or they clash with some other mechanic, or they're too time-consuming to implement. AC1 is probably the worst offender of the whole series on this score, but we don't care as much about the pre/post-release discrepancies really. We got some of those things back later.

Or because I was tired from staying up to 3am and studying all day... but you are right, games do lose features in development. see this is where i'm conflicted, in AC1 there was horse gameplay inside cities. they took it out and then brought it back in ACB like it was amazing. But really i was looking at it like "this isn't amazing, you guys had it before, the F." Same with ACR and the hook blade scaffold move, i saw that and was like, "wow this is even worse than the x06 demo."

But it's at a point where Ubisoft makes promises they can't keep, rather than just say what they have.. AC1 gameplay wise, AC3 hype wise, ACU hype/graphical and performance wise. I'm not pissed off or anything but look at the fact that they originally said that they were going for 1080p and 60fps for unity. but then couldn't do it and tried to say the systems can only handle 900p and 30fps. Half the games out there aren't even close to 30fps and there is no way the xbox one and ps4 are the same. (based off of how almost every game on both consoles are 1080p on ps4 and not on the Xone)

Were is Wall eject...?
Nothing against the new freerunning system, its not bad but u can really controll were you go anymore, you cant jump of a wall...

it's there, just press R2 and x a lot and he'll wall eject

Well everyone has eagle vision and you can mark targets without eagle vision so why have communal sense. From what i've played everyone just uses eagle vision on their own.

What "false promises?" A trailer doesn't consist of a promise, neither does E3 footage, as it's usually just Alpha footage.

There's currently an armchair trailer of gamers playing Unity and following the Assassins they control.

It's just to tease and get a story across. Besides, I don't like it when missions show up in announcements and gameplay footage because it's like... I've seen this before. Sivert is a great example of this.

look at the e3 demo with commentary and you'll see he mentions eagle pulse, never mentioned in the game. never upgraded to eagle vision then to communal sense. My point is more about what they say, but if you saw the AC1 x06 demo that was a huge change from demo to release. Specially since AC1 originally had co-op too

About the missions, i liked what they did with AC2, the mission you saw at the e3 demo wasn't in the game exactly like it was shown. the demo was different from the final version (mission wise).

DanPenfold
11-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Is the mission they were playing in game somewhere?

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Is the mission they were playing in game somewhere?

yea it's your first blackbox mission, killing the templar in the confessional

side note: what happened to the AAM, not once did i notice this system come into play.

ace3001
11-16-2014, 04:40 PM

side note: what happened to the AAM, not once did i notice this system come into play.
It's there to some degree. If you lose someone you're tailing, you don't immediately desynchronize. You have time use Eagle Vision to relocate your target and start tailing again. It's pretty neat, and gets rid of some nasty headaches that the previous games provided.

TwentyGlyphs
11-16-2014, 05:37 PM

I got an adapted mission on the last Café Theater mission. I was supposed to steal something from someone, failed, and then got a new alternative mission objective to allow the mission to continue. It doesn't look like you can replay these side missions, so it's kind of pointless because you can't even experiment with it.

andreycvetov
11-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Since I havent played the game I do not know ,but is that move where he falls from Notre Dame and grabs the pole and from it he swings to the wall ?

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 07:08 PM
theyre missing the thing they said where you can get information from someone however you like (tailing, looting, killing, etc)

dimbismp
11-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Well,although AMM is technically ingame,it is not like the way it was advertised.What i have seen so far,is that when you tail a target and you lose him,you have to find him again to re-initiate the tail.On the other hand,Amancio said it would be like:
Tail---detected---->chase----you lose him---->find him etc
Also,here is the thing Mayrice said.Although, i am still half way through,so i cannot be 100% sure

D.I.D.
11-16-2014, 07:38 PM
Were is Wall eject...?

PDavis was saying "RT and X [or A for XBox] a bunch of times", but that's not quite right. I was confused at first because I couldn't figure out what made it work, if it was press+hold or what.

It's neither. Don't hammer the button or you'll confuse the input, and it's only going to work intermittently if you do. For accuracy, it's strictly RT + double tap A [or X, on PS]. It'll work every time if you do that. I have no idea why the on-screen info doesn't specify a double tap, but it should.

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 08:22 PM
look at the e3 demo with commentary and you'll see he mentions eagle pulse, never mentioned in the game. never upgraded to eagle vision then to communal sense. My point is more about what they say, but if you saw the AC1 x06 demo that was a huge change from demo to release. Specially since AC1 originally had co-op too

About the missions, i liked what they did with AC2, the mission you saw at the e3 demo wasn't in the game exactly like it was shown. the demo was different from the final version (mission wise).

Demos should always be taken with a grain of salt though. These are alpha and beta footage and abilities that don't get put in the game for some reason. By discussing it, it's most likely something they wanted (like Eagle Pulse,etc.) but in playtesting or memory allocation they couldn't get it to work correctly.

If I watch E3 footage, I usually enjoy what I see and it gets me hyped, but I don't believe everything will come to light. This isn't just with Ubisoft either, other game devs have done this too. It's just that things change.

It's there to some degree. If you lose someone you're tailing, you don't immediately desynchronize. You have time use Eagle Vision to relocate your target and start tailing again. It's pretty neat, and gets rid of some nasty headaches that the previous games provided.

Yes, love this new mechanic and it's extremely logical.

theyre missing the thing they said where you can get information from someone however you like (tailing, looting, killing, etc)

You can still do this. You can steal from a guy or just kill him and get the information needed from looting him. It's there, but not entirely constant, but then again neither is tailing.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Demos should always be taken with a grain of salt though. These are alpha and beta footage and abilities that don't get put in the game for some reason. By discussing it, it's most likely something they wanted (like Eagle Pulse,etc.) but in playtesting or memory allocation they couldn't get it to work correctly.

If I watch E3 footage, I usually enjoy what I see and it gets me hyped, but I don't believe everything will come to light. This isn't just with Ubisoft either, other game devs have done this too. It's just that things change.

Yes, love this new mechanic and it's extremely logical.

You can still do this. You can steal from a guy or just kill him and get the information needed from looting him. It's there, but not entirely constant, but then again neither is tailing.

That is very true, but you'd think after the whole watch dogs incident Ubisoft would be more careful with what they show and say about their demos.

Well there is a difference in steal/kill and tail/lose/find again. Also the dev said you could kill the guy you're tailing and loot the info off of him. But if you do that the guards will realize something is wrong since he didn't show and the enemies would increase at the location you were suppose to go to (info leads to a building or something). It's a bit disheartening

PDavis was saying "RT and X [or A for XBox] a bunch of times", but that's not quite right. I was confused at first because I couldn't figure out what made it work, if it was press+hold or what.

It's neither. Don't hammer the button or you'll confuse the input, and it's only going to work intermittently if you do. For accuracy, it's strictly RT + double tap A [or X, on PS]. It'll work every time if you do that. I have no idea why the on-screen info doesn't specify a double tap, but it should.

haha i was just joking with the smash x button but good to know the exact way to do it. Good looking out.

Since I havent played the game I do not know ,but is that move where he falls from Notre Dame and grabs the pole and from it he swings to the wall ?

yep :)

I got an adapted mission on the last Café Theater mission. I was supposed to steal something from someone, failed, and then got a new alternative mission objective... so it's kind of pointless because you can't even experiment with it.

Well that's good it's still in there, but they hyped it up like it was going to be a big deal. It's unfortunate that it was rarely seen (at least for me).

drmambo1999
11-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Okay, I have already stated that I love Unity so this may come off as a bit of "fanboyism" but all those saying that this game looks the SAME as AC1 in graphics quality must not being seeing what I am seeing. This game is FAR better looking that the first AC game and all others before it! (AC4 debatable I guess because aesthetics are involved here as well.) On a pure technical level this game blows the first AC out of the water. The texture work, draw distance, lighting, character model detail, animations, expressions, sheer scale of the game worlds, and amount of things going on all at once! This game is definitely going for next gen.

The issues lay with the bugs as everyone knows. The FPS and stuttering make it difficult to appreciate everything else that is going on in game. The npc bugs, Arno getting stuck on some things, and faces disappearing all mar the experience. (Personally I like the number of npcs on screen. If Ubisoft can fix the performance and keep what they have all the better. otherwise perhaps losing a few could help.)

I am not sure if some of the missions that were stated above are indeed missing in game, but if so, that is something that happens a lot in games and in movies for that matter.

So for me, the main thing that was promised in the trailers that hasn't yet been put in the game, and the already tired complaint that many are having with this game, is stability.

wvstolzing
11-17-2014, 12:02 AM
(Personally I like the number of npcs on screen. If Ubisoft can fix the performance and keep what they have all the better. otherwise perhaps losing a few could help.)

Same here; but as others have already mentioned, the crowds aren't quite as dynamic as I hoped they would be: When spontaneous events occur, the whole environment feels incredibly alive; but those are all too rare (though I have to say I haven't advanced far in the storyline at all; I'm just freeroaming aimlessly) ---- I mean, even simple things like thugs picking up fights with people.

And NPC reactions to the player's blatants acts of murder, burglary, trespassing, etc., don't feel all that different compared to previous entries. There are additional animations (I like the pointing fingers), but that's about it. I'd expect, e.g., an NPC to go and fetch a soldier or somesuch, when you jump into their apartment from the window, and start picking their locks. Imagine how much that would add to gameplay possibilities. Or people shutting their windows and doors closed, because they realize there's a guy jumping in and out of buildings like mad; so in the middle of an escape you'd have to think up different strategies, and so on.

drmambo1999
11-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Same here; but as others have already mentioned, the crowds aren't quite as dynamic as I hoped they would be: When spontaneous events occur, the whole environment feels incredibly alive; but those are all too rare (though I have to say I haven't advanced far in the storyline at all; I'm just freeroaming aimlessly) ---- I mean, even simple things like thugs picking up fights with people.

And NPC reactions to the player's blatants acts of murder, burglary, trespassing, etc., don't feel all that different compared to previous entries. There are additional animations (I like the pointing fingers), but that's about it. I'd expect, e.g., an NPC to go and fetch a soldier or somesuch, when you jump into their apartment from the window, and start picking their locks. Imagine how much that would add to gameplay possibilities. Or people shutting their windows and doors closed, because they realize there's a guy jumping in and out of buildings like mad; so in the middle of an escape you'd have to think up different strategies, and so on.

I think those are some great ideas that would be awesome if they were implemented in future AC games! NPCs closing their windows would be very cool! I agree that the NPC reactions aren't much different than previous games, but something I do like as I take the time to walk on ground level, is the sheer amount of activity going on. I see NPCs carrying dead bodies away from the opens walk ways, people crafting wheels, people arguing and simply talking to one another, people will get into fights randomly or start crap with guards. There is a lot going on here, though also alot that can be improved on in the future.

ace3001
11-17-2014, 02:50 AM
Okay, I have already stated that I love Unity so this may come off as a bit of "fanboyism" but all those saying that this game looks the SAME as AC1 in graphics quality must not being seeing what I am seeing. This game is FAR better looking that the first AC game and all others before it! (AC4 debatable I guess because aesthetics are involved here as well.) On a pure technical level this game blows the first AC out of the water. The texture work, draw distance, lighting, character model detail, animations, expressions, sheer scale of the game worlds, and amount of things going on all at once! This game is definitely going for next gen.

The issues lay with the bugs as everyone knows. The FPS and stuttering make it difficult to appreciate everything else that is going on in game. The npc bugs, Arno getting stuck on some things, and faces disappearing all mar the experience. (Personally I like the number of npcs on screen. If Ubisoft can fix the performance and keep what they have all the better. otherwise perhaps losing a few could help.)

I am not sure if some of the missions that were stated above are indeed missing in game, but if so, that is something that happens a lot in games and in movies for that matter.

So for me, the main thing that was promised in the trailers that hasn't yet been put in the game, and the already tired complaint that many are having with this game, is stability.I'm guessing for those who played on consoles, this is a huge leap in graphics. But for those of us who played on PC, the earlier AC games already looked stunning. AC IV for example definitely looked better. Saying it's the same as AC 1 overall would be hyperbole, but crowds definitely resemble those of AC 1, and that sucks.

drmambo1999
11-17-2014, 03:06 AM
I'm guessing for those who played on consoles, this is a huge leap in graphics. But for those of us who played on PC, the earlier AC games already looked stunning. AC IV for example definitely looked better. Saying it's the same as AC 1 overall would be hyperbole, but crowds definitely resemble those of AC 1, and that sucks.

You make a fair point. The crowds do sometimes resemble the ones in AC1. Jerusalem would be a great example of this, when you first enter the city there are A LOT of NPCs acting very similar to some of what you see here in ACU. I still think there is progression though in the NPCs in ACU vs the older games, maybe not as much as one would hope but it is there. Still, AC1 on PC Ultra settings vs ACU on Ultra, there is a pretty notable difference in quality. I do play on PS4 and I will agree that the differences on console are much more noticeable than PC given the presets. My only contention was saying that they looked the same. I am an artist so perhaps this hits me harder than others, but I have a hard time dealing with the lack of acknowledgment of progress. I don't want to imply that ACU is perfect, it could use some work in some areas, but at least acknowledge the improvements. (Not pointing at you just in general.)

TacoOoMonster
11-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Yes, the co-op missions are not as cool as they looked in the E3 "concept" my guess is they didn't have enough time to finish the game. And the single player E3 "concept" assassination is not in the game, and it certainly does not seamlessly transition into the coop. You're also right about the controlled decent, doesn't look as graceful as at E3.

Some other omissions:
1) Assassination Contracts... replaced with dull side quests
2) No longer being able to eject left and right to grab on to the ledge next to you.
3) Did not like how they took out the weapon wheel from AC3
4) Inability to lure guards from cover by making a noise, (ex: Splinter Cell)
5) Didn't like the Cafe Theater Mechanic, much preferred AC3's Homestead, or AC2's Villa

DavisP92
11-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Yes, the co-op missions are not as cool as they looked in the E3 "concept" my guess is they didn't have enough time to finish the game. And the single player E3 "concept" assassination is not in the game, and it certainly does not seamlessly transition into the coop. You're also right about the controlled decent, doesn't look as graceful as at E3.

Some other omissions:
1) Assassination Contracts... replaced with dull side quests
2) No longer being able to eject left and right to grab on to the ledge next to you.
3) Did not like how they took out the weapon wheel from AC3
4) Inability to lure guards from cover by making a noise, (ex: Splinter Cell)
5) Didn't like the Cafe Theater Mechanic, much preferred AC3's Homestead, or AC2's Villa

Yea I mean i know that the SP demo they said that co-op doesn't activate like that, it was only for show. But the co-op demo had a more cinematic feel, ending with a cutscene just made it so much better.

the side missions do need some work, I agree with you there. But i think the assassination contracts should stay out of the SP story but if they do make a co-op story it should go in there.

You can eject sideways but it's different now, looks better but harder to do... weapon wheel i like not having so many weapons (dagger, sword, hand-to-hand) I wish they just took it a step further. Have us pick our weapon in the beginning and let us train with that with more skills in it. Swords could upgrade to duel swords and such, hand-to-hand could upgrade to what Ezio did in Revelations, etc.

And i did prefer the homestead over the Cafe. The homestead had more of a story to it, the cafe was just random missions

DavisP92
11-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Found something I posted almost two years ago. wish they did everything like this but it's pretty much there (sorry for the double post)

1. CO-OP, AND I DON'T MEAN WOLF PACK CO-OP. This would drastically improve the replay value and enjoyment out of AC games, to be able to play with a friend and tackle all the assassinations, side missions and challenges would make the game far more enjoyable. I am not saying remove the SP story, there should be an individual SP story. What I'm saying is have in the menu a co-op section which you could tackle three different ways; (1) you could forget about the animus and just have an open world where 2-3 people can play a co-op story together where it's in a different era/location then the SP story. This means that if AC4 is in India then the co-op experience could be in Japan or Egypt. (2) You could do the same thing as 1 but instead keep the animus and have 2 or 3 present day assassins in their own animi re-living their ancestors who were all part of a team. (3) Instead of having a long individual story only located in one location (this is the most interesting and challenging concept of the three) you could have the co-op experience based off of the recruit contracts that we have been doing in ACB, ACR, and AC3. For ACB we sent our recruits to Egypt, France, Italy, etc. doing missions. The co-op experience could be we play as recruits going on these missions. This would provide new locations and dlc opportunities for the players.

2. Customization, Customization, CUSTOMIZATION. I cannot say that enough, what we have in the game so far is horrible, and should not be looked at as "this what the players want". You can never have too much customization! I am going to explain relating to the co-op experience. Let's say that I'm playing with two of my other friends, and we are using the 3rd idea i mentioned in the co-op section. The assassin we pick should be the assassin we stay with. We shouldn't be limited to only have 3 characters to pick, but rather a section of different characters that have different ethnic backgrounds (African-American, Caucasian, Native-American, etc.) and gender as well. This would allow the player to be more immersed because they can pick their own gender and ethnic background. Moving on to theAPPEARANCE of the assassin, there should be a few selections that we could pick, NOT just color. Maybe I want something similar to Altair’s outfit, while my two other friends want Ezio’s and Connor's. This doesn't mean just put the same outfits from the past game but rather have different style shirts, pants, hoods, and shoes. Maybe I want to be an assassin that wears Connor type shoes/boots and pants but instead have a sleeveless shirt with a hood. Give that option to the gamers. Moving on toWEAPON, it's cool that in the SP we play as an assassin that can use every single weapon like he has trained with it his entire life. But the co-op should NOT be like that, otherwise how would we be different from our friends that are playing or have a different experience when we play it again. There should be a class base selection when picking your assassin. Examples are an Archery, Poison, and bombs. If you pick archery then you get to use a bow but you can't use poison or any type of bomb, this includes smoke bombs and vice-versa for the other classes. This would provide a different experience depending on what class you pick and how many players are playing (2 or 3). I know class based system are very RPG-y but if done correctly then it would be an amazing addition to the co-op experience. Sorry but I’m going to add another RPG-ish element, which is skills. Again I know that AC isn't a RPG but that doesn't mean that it can't take things from different genres and add them into its features list to make the game more amazing. When I say skills I'm referring to something similar to the idea of the classes I mentioned. Our assassins, when playing co-op should not master everything. But instead should be okay with certain weapons but truly excel with others. Let's say that I pick the Archer which means one of my skills should be Archery of course, but what if I play the game mainly using only hand to hand and my hidden blades? Then wouldn't that mean that is what I prefer to use, so why not say that that is what my other skills would be as I continue the game. Of course in the co-op experience we would be starting as recruits and moving up to master assassin so why not at every level allow us to pick a skill that we would want to use that we are allowed to (meaning archer assassin can't pick a poison skill). So for hand to hand combat you could start off as a brawler and then improve your skills so that you can disarm, then to you can redirect attacks (like Ezio did in the ACR CGI trailer). Skill like that is what I'm referring to, which would then allow players that perhaps like using the dagger to have their own skills, strengths and weaknesses, that are different from those that they are playing with. Another Part of the customization would be where the weapons are located on our assassins, if I'm the Archery Assassin and only use my hands then I should have any weapons besides a bow and a quiver of arrows on my back. But if my friend is the bomb assassin it would be nice to see a belt of bombs that he can wear and if there is a belt maybe he wants the belt across his chest or on the waist. If he also uses a dagger, maybe he wants the dagger on his waist, leg, back (like Altair) or on his lower back like a ninja. There should be options to where we can put our weapons on our assassin as well.

3. WEIGHT, HEALTH, STEALTH, AND ANIMATIONS. Staring with weight if my assassin is only has a bow and no armor then shouldn't he be faster than my friends that have swords, daggers, and different pieces of armor on them? The amount of weapons you have on you should affect your speed when running, climbing, and fighting. Now if you have bombs on your chest, a sword on your back and a dagger on your leg don't you think the guards should be paying more attention to the person with all those weapons on their assassin more than a person that may only have a bow? I do. The amount of weapons and EVEN ARMOR should effect how guards interact with you; no normal person has a full set of armor and an arsenal of weapons on them. Guards should really constantly be watching a person that does. So notoriety should be affected with how many weapons you carry and your armor that you have on. I hit two birds with one stone there, knocked out both weight and stealth http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png. Now for animations and health, if I don't have any armor on then that would mean that if I’m hit by a sword, dagger or arrow I should take more damage than a friend that has more armor, right? Of course, so our health should also be affected by the amount of armor we have, which then would make the game more challenging for those that don't have any protection. But if you don't have armor then you move faster, so have animations that actually are different for those that don't have armor. Maybe a person with no armor or very little can do flips when vaulting over objects or even flip over guards like Ezio. While a person with a lot of armor could have animations that show it, for example if a person is playing with a lot of armor and gets into a fight a counter could show that he stops a sword with his arm gauntlet rather than dodging it.

4. SYNCHRONIZATION SYSTEM AND FREEDOM. I'm sorry but I think that the sync. system should be removed, why should a player have to do a certain mission the way you want them to? AC used to be about complete freedom when playing the game but now you want us to play the game a certain way. I know that you don't have to do the objectives for the sync. system and that's why it's called "optional objectives" but you have gamers that play AC and want to get everything in the game. Why should they have to change their play style, why not just let them play the way they want and just have some other way for us to obtain whatever it was you were going to give us for the completing the sync. system? I get you implemented it in order to make the game more challenging but that wasn't the way to go. Instead you made it more annoying at times rather than challenging. Why should I have to ram my boat into other boats? I don't want to purposely cause damage to my boat when I could just shoot the other boats. Why should I have to shoot the powder kegs I could take the enemies out even faster if I just use fire cannonballs and blow up the ship before it even gives me the option to shoot the powder kegs? These tasks limit the freedom we have and so does killing the target in a certain way. Maybe I don't want to kill a Templar by doing an air assassination, maybe I want to do a running assassination and then pull him down off his horse (metaphor: pull him down off his high horse) and stab him. It's kind of ironic that the game is about playing as assassins that fight for freedom and peace, key word is freedom. Yet you strip some of our freedom while playing the game.

5. SINGLE PLAYER SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENT. What I don't get is after 4 years of gamers asking for the ability to remove weapons there still isn't an option to remove weapons more easily. I disarmed a guard and took his sword thinking I could drop it after I kill him but instead Connor took it and put it on his waist, I think it's an ugly look. ESPECIALLY since there aren't any SHEATHS (put sheaths in the next game). I had to go buy a heavy weapon and then smash it into a guards head just so I could go back to only having the hidden blade and tomahawk.

6. STORY AND BROTHERHOOD. The one thing that I felt that was missed out in AC3 was the feeling of being part of a brotherhood. I understand that in the story it was mentioned that the assassins were almost wiped out but what actually happened? Connor and Achilles can't be the only assassins out there, why was it never mentioned? The thing I don't like is that even when we found the recruits they never felt like actual assassins. They never wore hoods, they didn't have assassin outfits, they weren't even inducted into the brotherhood really. They just said, "Hey i'll help". Then why in the beginning of the game does Charles Lee, and the other recruits of Haytham have hidden blades? they aren't Assassins so they shouldn't have it? Unless they took it from Assassins or were trained with them, you made them look like they were Master Assassins but they died like normal guards.

Why do people that don't have hidden blades assassinate like they do, specifically Elise?