PDA

View Full Version : Marquis de Sade - great supporting character, or the greatest?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 12:35 AM
I have to say I love the Marquis de Sade in AC: Unity. I think he's one of the best supporting characters an Assassin's Creed game has ever had. He gives the game a nice bit of comic relief. I just wish they'd used him more.

What do you think?

king-hailz
11-16-2014, 12:54 AM
He is great definitely not the greatest for me. But I can see him being the greatest for some...

rprkjj
11-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Loved him, was pleasantly surprised when he was used more than just the King of Rats assassination. He has some great lines, I would put him up there with Mary Reid, Yusuf, and Achilles.

drmambo1999
11-16-2014, 01:03 AM
I almost agree but it is a toss up for me still. I loved Leonardo Da Vinci in AC2. XD Still, they did a great job with this one in ACU. :)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 01:04 AM
And unlike Robespierre (whom I think the game maligns), I feel they got the Marquis de Sade's character, philosophy and motivations spot-on. One can disagree with his morality, but he really was a man ahead of his time in terms of his politics.

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 01:18 AM
I thought he was an annoying jerk.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 01:18 AM
I almost agree but it is a toss up for me still. I loved Leonardo Da Vinci in AC2. XD Still, they did a great job with this one in ACU. :)

I did love Leonardo, but he has the advantage - he got waaaaay more screen time to earn our love. This guy got what, three cutscenes?

VestigialLlama4
11-16-2014, 04:34 AM
I have to say I love the Marquis de Sade in AC: Unity. I think he's one of the best supporting characters an Assassin's Creed game has ever had. He gives the game a nice bit of comic relief. I just wish they'd used him more.

What do you think?

I don't they they used him all that much, he's there for two scenes and then he goes back in the dark. He's there more as a colourful little creep than anyone meaningful.

I think the supporting character who came off the best is Theroigne de Mericourt in the Brotherhood Missions.