PDA

View Full Version : Back of PS4 box says 1080p...

SaphironX
11-15-2014, 11:57 PM
So... What the hell? I know for a fact this title is 900p, ubisoft has announced as much. Not upset about it, still can't play coop with friends or access my friends list from unity so I have bigger gripes.

Still, why does the box art say 1080p? If I hadn't read so much, I'd be thinking I was buying a 1080p game. Canadian, so maybe only our ps4 copies have it, but holy false advertising.

wickywoowoo
11-15-2014, 11:58 PM
So... What the hell? I know for a fact this title is 900p, ubisoft has announced as much. Not upset about it, still can't play coop with friends or access my friends list from unity so I have bigger gripes.

Still, why does the box art say 1080p? If I hadn't read so much, I'd be thinking I was buying a 1080p game. Canadian, so maybe only our ps4 copies have it, but holy false advertising.

No, my UK copy also says 1080p.

Ureh
11-15-2014, 11:59 PM
I think that's the upscaled resolution. Native is 900p.

rafadosMY
11-16-2014, 12:04 AM
Any idea if they'll be releasing a patch to up the reso to 1080p on ps4 just like they did with Black Flag?

WaltMickey
11-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Any idea if they'll be releasing a patch to up the reso to 1080p on ps4 just like they did with Black Flag?

I sure hope so. Developers said they were limited to 900p because the PS4 CPUs couldn't handle all the complex information that needed to be processed in game (e.g. AI crowds). Black Flag was easy to update because there wasn't nearly as many things going on as opposed to Unity.

Bigodon
11-16-2014, 11:16 PM
I sure hope so. Developers said they were limited to 900p because the PS4 CPUs couldn't handle all the complex information that needed to be processed in game (e.g. AI crowds). Black Flag was easy to update because there wasn't nearly as many things going on as opposed to Unity.

rofl

drmambo1999
11-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Regardless of the on going outrage about the resolution and fps that has been a thing since they announced it, I just want them to optimize the game to run at a stable 30fps. 60 would have been better but at this point 30 is all I want. I can live with the fps drop while playing offline atm (though it is noticable), but the least they should be able to do is get us the 30 fps we were promised. the 900p thing is a small annoyance that doesn't really apply to me anyway as most of my play time is on my 720p TV since that is the only free tv atm. XD I just want a stable game.

As for the box, as some have said above, it is upscaled likely.

Dangerzone50
11-17-2014, 07:56 AM

You do realize you have it backwards, right? It was the XBOX ONE that could not handle unity at 1080P. From all accounts, the PS4 could handle it just fine.

plus, this was a recent change, so it makes sense that the box art may not have been updated if it was already finalized months ago.

Dag_B
11-17-2014, 01:39 PM
I think that's the upscaled resolution. Native is 900p.
Yes, they always display what resolutions can be outputted, regardless if that is the native resolution or an up-/downscaling. So judging from the boxes there is no way I know of to guess the native resolution. Which made the whole announcement kind of pointless, gave more backlash than there are people out who really would've noticed that 1080p is not the native resolution.