PDA

View Full Version : EAGLE VISION Fixes FPS, allow new view mode

Vintage_Green
11-15-2014, 10:43 PM
So Eagle vision, a mode that really does not look that different Increases my FPS by 4X. Without it I get around 20-30. With it.
I get over 30-60fps.

Ubisoft I really want you to fix this now, as it would take me two seconds if I worked there. Simply not that hard.

EAGLE VISION FIXES FPS. Tho now in the new UNITY,.... it's limited to a few short seconds.

If I could play in that mode the whole time without the misty blur, and haze (Eagle Vision). Then the game would be perfectly playable. But because you do not allow any control over the game on our end it's left up to you. I would fix this in one day flat.

I vote you make a new vision mode a slightly adjusted eagle vision mode that players can enable for better FPS.

This IS THE FIX.

I should get paid for this. :)

incysisB
11-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Eagle Vision isn't that much different there is something in that mode or rather NOT in that mode that allows for AMAZING FPS.

PLEASE everyone support this thread.

I--Skeptik--I
11-15-2014, 10:59 PM
the misty blur, and haze (Eagle Vision).

Right there, you just said it, this is why the game plays more smoothly. Its' because it's putting a "filter" on your screen and it's a lot easier for your "system" to handle, which in turn gives you smoother game play.

Vintage_Green
11-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Right there, you just said it, this is why the game plays more smoothly. Its' because it's putting a "filter" on your screen and it's a lot easier for your "system" to handle, which in turn gives you smoother game play.

question is... is it adding the filter ontop, or disabling some default view features and enabling others? or whatever other ways it can go. (blah blah)

I just want to play the game and the fact the Eagle vision is timed sucks, cause it seems to be only playable in that mode.

incysisB
11-15-2014, 11:30 PM
:confused: so confused by Ubisoft right now, yesterday I read an article that was talking about Ubisoft and AMD. Basically AMD said the game is doing too many draw counts on DX11 and has nothing to do with hardware. They basically said it's your fault deal with it.

I bring this up because when I enable my now timed eagle vision. I feel like the game is actually working and not making soo many draw calls.

Edit- Please Please fix this Ubisoft

Vintage_Green
11-16-2014, 07:51 AM
This is the FIX

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Yep. This also works for me. But the cause of the frame rate issues are the buildings, the really detailed ones. Ubisoft needs to fix the buildings.

dewbak75
11-16-2014, 09:18 AM
:confused: so confused by Ubisoft right now, yesterday I read an article that was talking about Ubisoft and AMD. Basically AMD said the game is doing too many draw counts on DX11 and has nothing to do with hardware. They basically said it's your fault deal with it.

I bring this up because when I enable my now timed eagle vision. I feel like the game is actually working and not making soo many draw calls.

Edit- Please Please fix this Ubisoft

What AMD basically said was that Ubisoft coded the game so poorly for DirectX 11 that they're feeding it more "jobs" than DirectX is supposed to be able to handle, and that's at least part of why the performance on PC is suffering. The issue of increasing numbers of draw calls in games is one of the reasons why AMD developed Mantle, a more streamlined API than DirectX, removing some of the bottlenecks and giving the programmers more control.

Opa-Jack
11-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Hallo, nice done finding that out. however could it be that Eagelvision cut don the Draw count ? thats wy the FPS go up. :confused:

It would be super ,every one send a e-mail to Ubisoft.

jack

dewbak75
11-16-2014, 09:25 AM
This is the FIX

*sigh* no, disabling most of the visual detail in the game is not a "fix". It's the equivalent of tearing your ACL and rather than having surgery to fix it they just amputate your leg. So far the only "fix" I've heard about that's had any widespread reports of success at improving & stabilizing framerates is to play the game offline(unplugging your network cable if necessary), which suggests the problems aren't just about the graphics code. It could be that all the stuff they added in with co-op play, and the companion app etc. that involves real-time updating with the servers is putting too much of a load on the systems playing the game, or there are sync issues and the game gets stuck waiting for network updates between frames or something.

legadrieclya
11-16-2014, 09:29 AM
yeah ive been using eagle vision a lot. it does fix it.

HypeR.tgL
11-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Do you even realize how rendering works? The frames you get when eagle vision is on are much less detailed, everything loses color, draw distance is cut in half, lessening the load that the GPU has to pass to the monitor, of course it's going to be quicker you fruit heads..

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Interestingly enough, on my PC framerate seems to drops a bit in eagle vision.

I7 4770K, 32 MB mem, MSI R9 290X 4GB Lightning, 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD. Latest AMD beta drivers.

RdJ1
11-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Do you even realize how rendering works? The frames you get when eagle vision is on are much less detailed, everything loses color, draw distance is cut in half, lessening the load that the GPU has to pass to the monitor, of course it's going to be quicker you fruit heads..

Thank you

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Thank you

And yet, that doesn't explain why my framerate drops when I activate eagle vision. I have no problems (yet), but still, it doesn't.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2014, 07:48 PM
*sigh* no, disabling most of the visual detail in the game is not a "fix". It's the equivalent of tearing your ACL and rather than having surgery to fix it they just amputate your leg. So far the only "fix" I've heard about that's had any widespread reports of success at improving & stabilizing framerates is to play the game offline(unplugging your network cable if necessary), which suggests the problems aren't just about the graphics code. It could be that all the stuff they added in with co-op play, and the companion app etc. that involves real-time updating with the servers is putting too much of a load on the systems playing the game, or there are sync issues and the game gets stuck waiting for network updates between frames or something.

going offline doesn't help. It is a graphical issue, and it is cause by the buildings, which are probably making these excessive draw calls.

KLN55
11-16-2014, 07:54 PM
A good test for this would be to turn down shadow quality and turn off ambient occlusion and see if you get a FPS increase. I'm guessing eagle vision disables these shaders and drastically reduces draw distance which results in a bump in performance

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2014, 08:00 PM
A good test for this would be to turn down shadow quality and turn off ambient occlusion and see if you get a FPS increase. I'm guessing eagle vision disables these shaders and drastically reduces draw distance which results in a bump in performance

Your problem is assuming that people haven't already done those things. I'm playing the game on all low, and I still notice that there's something eagle vision is doing that is improving FPS. It's disabling something. And, like I said, the issue is the buildings, so there's probably some shader that it's disabling, like you said, but it doesn't have anything to do with shadow quality or ambient occlusion. It might be the draw distance and some shaders. I know the lighting is reduced.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Your problem is assuming that people haven't already done those things. I'm playing the game on all low, and I still notice that there's something eagle vision is doing that is improving FPS. It's disabling something. And, like I said, the issue is the buildings, so there's probably some shader that it's disabling, like you said, but it doesn't have anything to do with shadow quality or ambient occlusion. It might be the draw distance and some shaders. I know the lighting is reduced.

i dont find the buildings to be any more detailed in any other game. however i do agree that for some reasons indoors run more poorly for some reason - there are less NPCsin building and less details to render yet they run more poorly. however certain districts (southern paris) run better for me than others (central island, middle paris) and i doubt that the buildings in the south are more detailed than the buildings in the middle...

i dont get the issues with this game. so sad that probably my favorite game all year is working so bad....