PDA

View Full Version : My wishlist for future titles (opinionated)

Ry_mann88
11-15-2014, 10:05 PM
I want to point out first, that this topic is my opinion. You're free to disagree, but only constructively. We're all here to help Ubisoft make a better game. That's the aim of this topic. I'm not going to post any spoilers, other than what was shown before the game was released (E3 demos, etc).

Gameplay: Unity is, in my opinion, the single largest step forward for the series since Assassin's Creed 2. There's only a few things that need attention from here however.

Combat - Combat is great in Unity, much deeper than ever before and melee focused players like myself can enjoy a system that emphasizes timing and character placement as well as taking advantage of Bash and Heavy attack skills. The timing appears to be slightly off, though that could be deliberate, as to imitate weight in the movements. While great in theory, it can get frustrating the more enemies there are in a fight. This revision of the combat system was great in the sense that I finally use the tools given to me (stun bombs, smoke bombs, etc). I only used them in past titles when the game required me too, but not anymore.All I can see here is some tightening up of the timing and more fluidity in the movements. Assassins are amongst the best fighters in series lore, the games should reflect that. Also, KEEP LETHAL COUNTERS OUT. Removing Lethal Counters was the best decision of the series yet (combat wise).

Assassination Set up - Black Box is great, and I love every moment of those missions. What Unity has already is a very solid foundation. All that's left is to expand on it, give us more options, or even branching options. For example, the Sivert mission. You have two optional methods. Get the key from the thieves or find Duchesneau and get intel from him. Why not have these two be unrelated and have the completion of one of these open a few extra methods. Another idea I had was, instead of these Optional missions being available during that memory, have them take place in the one before, with the final memory be the actual mission itself. This can give us the ability to see our work play out and leave us with ensuring the plan(s) go off without a hitch, and then get to our target. The priest could be thankful for returning the keys, and ensure we can use any entrance at will, and getting the intel from Duchesneau means we can go in the back before mass takes place and wait for Sivert in the confessional. I also loved the amount of Assassination missions we got in the story. It was perfect and truly goes back to the series' roots. Keep it up Ubisoft!

Side Missions: Paris Stores and Murder investigations were a great addition. All I'd ask for these is even more. They were so fun, I wish I could go back and do them again. These really do break the pace of the main story and gives us plenty to do. The Nostradamus Enigmas were awesome. Very challenging and well thought out. I'll openly admit I was bummed to find out that the outfit was literally a Altair skin palette swap, but beggars can't be choosers. I liked how previous titles had completely unique outfits for finishing all of these. You stated there were 50 Paris Story missions in AC:U, make even more for the next game, or if you don't do that, give us a few generic ones that can be repeated similarly to the Crowd Events. Talk to a randomly selected NPC in the city, assassinate a randomly selected enemy in that district.

Customization: It's great. Something I've wanted since Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Ubisoft didn't let me down. Expansions/DLC obviously means we can get even more (lets be honest, they'd be dumb not too right?), so, MAKE MORE!

Parkour/Free Running: The revision for this was awesome, but it still needs some work. Parkour Down isn't nearly as flashy as it was shown to be. However, I've noticed that Shimmying is a bit lacking now. This is very noticeable during Cella Vaporis (the final room in the Nostradamus Chamber of the Cafe Theatre). I couldn't tell you how many times I had to restart simply because Arno just wouldn't detect my input to move to the next ledge. Left/Right and Up/Down work fine, but diagonal movement still needs some work. This may be something that can be resolved in a patch, but that's for Ubisoft to figure out.

Stealth: Big step forward here and it was definitely a long time coming for this. Just tighten it up and keep working on making it better. Maybe give stealth its own hidden blade kills rather than reverting to the standard low profile animations?

Story: There were a handful of moments that felt like they were rushed, or used only for fan service. Try to avoid that. There was also zero mention of the Cafe Theatre in the cutscenes during Sequence 3. It was left to us to find it on our own rather. Not even a prompt was shown. A simple "Cafe Theatre unlocked (map marker shown here), visit it to learn how to generate money and unlock missions." Other than that, I would LOVE to see Arno get his own trilogy, as there are a few questions left unanswered. Arno does deserve closure and that's not something that should be left to a Animus/Helix database entry like we got with Altair in AC2 (until Revelations released).

Gameplay other: This is just a list of things that I personally think need to be improved, removed or tweaked:

Detection - The different detection states, while a series core, needs to be overhauled. Losing your "suspicious" (yellow) level takes way too long. Shorten it if possible. Also allow us to do things even when not anonymous. Some of the Co-Op missions require us to be anonymous to talk to NPCs and progress the missions, but some of the snipers have insane detection cones, making it slightly annoying.

Snipers - These guys are vastly stronger than Elites, which shouldn't be the case. They're fine as far as accuracy is concerned, but they can sometimes kill you in one hit, which even elites can't do as far as I'm aware. Ubisoft should take another look at this archtype and find a way to balance them out just a little bit, even if it's just for single player. One could argue that they should be left alone for Co-Op.

Companion Apps - Watch Dogs had the right idea. The companion app should be another layer of the experience, but not vital in ANY way. The abundance of Nomad Chests is slightly annoying. If you do continue to do companion apps like this, at the very least provide players an alternative method to unlock these chests (reaching certain player ranks, etc).

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Wishlist for AC game:
-amazing storyline
-a variety of well-written interesting expansive characters
-a good chunk of lore
-for it to add a significant contribution to the overarching narrative
-fun gameplay (including actually fun side missions)

That's it.

SlyTrooper
11-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Vikings. That is what I want. From what I've seen, Rogue has a lot of connections to vikings, so hopefully that's a hint at a future game.

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 10:34 PM
VIKINGS YOOOOOOOOOO

that'd be awesome.

I didn't notice that hint.

I could see it coming.

MakimotoJin
11-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Vikings,ninjas,samurais.....anything like this would be amazing for AC.

Jokester9
11-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Viikiiings haha yess thatd be epic .. or a world war assassin dude.. kill hitler haha

PedroAntonio2
11-15-2014, 10:46 PM
- An epic storyline, with conspirancy, mistery, impactul moments, memorable characters and dialogues.
- Modern Day with a great storyline. involving Erudito, Otso Berg, Initiates, Galina, Alan Rikkin and other characters long forgotten by greedy producers from Ubisoft.
- Great gameplay with a lot of stuff to do with side missions full of content and rewards.
- Keep customization
- Make Stealth more challenging.

And also, do a London game during Victorian Era or Amsterdam in 1600s

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 10:55 PM
An amazing storyline that actually explains what is going on, not just in MD but also in the memories.

Better combat system.

DONT KILL OFF THE FEMALE CHARACTERS!!!

And the ability to do side missions IN THE GAME that allow you to get the outfits of previous protagonists. None of that **** of having to go through a second party system of apps or websites to unlock everything. (that feels too much like what Destiny did with their story and the Grimore cards, big mistake on their part.)

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Oh and for the writers to stop killing off likable characters for the sake of feels.

It's a predictable cop-out and lessens impact if you do it every damn game.

SlyTrooper
11-15-2014, 11:02 PM
VIKINGS YOOOOOOOOOO

that'd be awesome.

I didn't notice that hint.

I could see it coming.

I don't want to go into detail about my ideas for a viking game, because this isn't really the place, but I would like to give a basis for what I think it should be about:

The main character could have been raised in a viking family, but was abused by his father due to him being blamed for his mother's death during child birth. He could also be hated by his older siblings for this reason. The main character therefore doesn't connect with his own people & sees them as evil due to his own abuse & what he witnesses them do to others. Early on, he could murder his father & run away, meeting up with the Assassins who protect him.

I think that this would be quite interesting because there is no motivation of revenge or betrayal. The main character wants to stop his own people because he doesn't like what they are doing, so it's not the typical AC motivation. There could also be some interesting clashes when he encounters his older siblings again.

I also thought that maybe the main character could use a bow as his signature weapon, as I don't believe vikings commonly used bows. This would show his lack of connection to their culture, but it would mainly satisfy my love of bows. :)

PedroAntonio2
11-15-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't want to go into detail about my ideas for a viking game, because this isn't really the place, but I would like to give a basis for what I think it should be about:

The main character could have been raised in a viking family, but was abused by his father due to him being blamed for his mother's death during child birth. He could also be hated by his older siblings for this reason. The main character therefore doesn't connect with his own people & sees them as evil due to his own abuse & what he witnesses them do to others. Early on, he could murder his father & run away, meeting up with the Assassins who protect him.

I think that this would be quite interesting because there is no motivation of revenge or betrayal. The main character wants to stop his own people because he doesn't like what they are doing, so it's not the typical AC motivation. There could also be some interesting clashes when he encounters his older siblings again.

I also thought that maybe the main character could use a bow as his signature weapon, as I don't believe vikings commonly used bows. This would show his lack of connection to their culture, but it would mainly satisfy my love of bows. :)

It would be epic, I'm tired of revenge or redemption storylines...

Putrefied_Fear
11-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Hidden Blades back as a "main" weapon
Sign here for it back!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/assassins-creed-unity-needs-the-hidden-blade-back

DavisP92
11-15-2014, 11:46 PM
- more customization options, good start now just improve it

- Keep co-op, but make the co-op separate from the SP story (co-op story in a different location, with dlc missions taking us to other locations)

- Keep upgrade skills system but improve on it more. Skill for picking one fighting style (one handed, heavy, long, small [daggers], hand-to-hand).

- Better story

- Better characters

- More emotional story

- co-op upgradable classes (range, poison, bomb) Pick a class for 3-player co-op (like project legacy) and let us work together
--> Range (Bow or Gun), Bomb (all types of bombs and traps), Poison (sleep, berserk, poison)
--> Combine skills, bow+bomb=bombed arrows... poison+bomb=poison bombs... bow+poison=poisoned arrows... poison+bow+bomb=poison bomb arrows
--> upgrade specific skills for the classed assassin. range assassin upgrades to shoot rope/grapple hook for climbing or zip-lining, poison assassin upgrades to blend poison group of guards. Bomb assassin upgrades to explosive bombs & booby traps

Namikaze_17
11-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Wishlist for AC game:
-amazing storyline
-a variety of well-written interesting expansive characters
-a good chunk of lore
-for it to add a significant contribution to the overarching narrative
-fun gameplay (including actually fun side missions)

That's it.

Something so simple is also so complicated...