PDA

View Full Version : Major crashing!

Nimisum
11-15-2014, 08:55 PM
I can't play for 50 seconds before Assassins Creed crashes and I go back to my home screen. Any fix? (Xbox One)

EDIT: Sometimes I can't even get past the loading screen.

Jackdaw951
11-15-2014, 09:51 PM
That has to be some sort of corruption. I have yet to experience a program crash on the XONE. Try playing under a different profile, to see if you crash like that again. If you do, the problem is in the game file or patches. If you don't, then the problem is likely in the save file.

The other possibility is that there's something wrong with your hardware. Let's hope that isn't it. Do other games play OK for extended periods?

Nimisum
11-15-2014, 11:48 PM
I've played Splinter Cell Blacklist and had a similar problem. I am both sad and mad now. I've not even had my XONE for 1 year! I got my Assassins Creed Unity 3 days ago! It's incredibly annoying that Ubisoft once again failed with their saves. I know there is other people who had the same problem with Splinter Cell Blacklist. Very disappointed.

PS. I tested with another profile with a new save and it worked...

Jackdaw951
11-16-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm a backup freak. I have several storage devices on my Xbox 360, and I frequently will back up files to different devices at different times, so I always have more than one version of each save file available. So imagine my dismay when I discovered that the XONE has no facility to allow user backups at all. We have to trust the synching-to-the-cloud thing. This is fine for protecting against hardware failure; but it does nothing at all to protect against a buggy game screwing up its own save file. That gets synched to the cloud too, and then it's corrupt everywhere.

Sorry about the hassle, man. I hope you can get it sorted out. And lobby MS to bring the XONE up to parity with the file management on the 360, will you? I'm going to.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2014, 02:10 PM
I've played Splinter Cell Blacklist and had a similar problem. I am both sad and mad now. I've not even had my XONE for 1 year! I got my Assassins Creed Unity 3 days ago! It's incredibly annoying that Ubisoft once again failed with their saves. I know there is other people who had the same problem with Splinter Cell Blacklist. Very disappointed.

PS. I tested with another profile with a new save and it worked...
I would delete your save game on your original profile and try again.

If the issue continues, re-install the game on your main profile.

If it continues after that - contact support who will help with troubleshooting: www.support.ubi.com

Nimisum
11-16-2014, 02:37 PM
I found out that it isn't a corrupted file. It had something to do with the online connection etc. Thank you!

Jackdaw951
11-16-2014, 02:41 PM
I found out that it isn't a corrupted file. It had something to do with the online connection etc. Thank you!

Awesome! So you're back up and running without losing your progress. Good news. I still wish we had a way to protect our save files ourselves, like we did last gen. The cloud won't protect you from bad saves if those saves end up getting copied blindly into it.

Do you mind sharing more details about the issue you had with the connection? It's a bit alarming that any connection issue would lead your game to crash repeatedly.

Nimisum
11-16-2014, 02:57 PM
If you look at the "known issues" thing that Ubisoft writes about problem they know. They told me to go into offline mode and then I don't have framerate problems and my game doesn't crash. Look in "Live Updates" for more information.