PDA

View Full Version : System requirements

achillinator
11-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi I don't know if this is the perfect place to post this, but because it's specifically about Unity, I thought to post it here

I just downloaded unity and everything went perfect. But after al the logo's had passed my screen froze. I know my computer didn't freeze because the music was still playing and I could still open task manager. It started freezing the moment I went to the main menu but my screen was just black.

Here are the requirements for Unity:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

SUPPORTED OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (64 bit versions only).
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
RAM: 6 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)
DIRECTX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
HDD:50 GB available space​​
SOUND CARD: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
PERIPHERALS: Keyboard, mouse, Xbox 360 controller (or compatible) optional.
INTERNET: Broadband connection required for activation/registration

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

SUPPORTED OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (64 bit versions only).
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
RAM: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM)
DIRECTX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
HDD: 50 GB available space​​
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
PERIPHERALS: Keyboard, mouse, Xbox 360 controller (or compatible) optional.
INTERNET: Broadband connection required for activation/registration

These are my own specifications:
Supported OS: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4720MQ 2.2Ghz with Turbo boost up to 3.2Ghz
RAM: 16.0GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD: 400 GB available space

I personally think my processor is the problem because it reaches a maximum of 3.2Ghz and I need a minimum of 3.3Ghz. But is there anything else I need to change to my laptop? And do I have to buy other things when I install a better processor?

Diarmuid_III
11-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Doubt that it's your processor. I am running with Intel Core i7-3930K 3.20Ghz and Geforce GTX 660Ti GPU. It's not perfect but it acceptable to me.

achillinator
11-15-2014, 10:39 PM
and do you have any idea what it could be then?

ShenghanKI
11-16-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm not going to jump to that conclusion this quick. I have exactly the same issue here. Game crashes at the title screen,with the background music still playing but nothing shown in full screen. When I do Boardless Window mode I get "ACU.exe has stopped working". When I try to run in Window Mode( I will explain how I changed the setting later), I also get Nvidia graphic card driver 344.65 stops responding or something like that. Tried to roll back the driver but it didn't help.

My CPU is worse than yours. My GPU doesn't meet the requirement, but I have seen my friend playing it with worse GPU and less VRAM, and when I monitored my CPU and GPU, none of them are fully used (which is what you would expect as its not even truly in the game yet), VRAM not even half possessed. 12G for RAM so thats not a problem either.

Now I'll tell you why I don't think it's the CPU's problem. I tested this game on my laptop with my INTEL HD 4000, and I was able to enter the game, I even finished playing the prologue with it at low resolution. But no matter what I do I cannot get pass that title screen with my Nvidia graphci card. With the same CPU and worse (at least 5 times more worse) graphic card, I entered the game.

Edit: I just realized you posted your spec, so its obvious you are running it on a laptop. That could be an issue even though tons of ppl are playing it with laptops. Try your integrated Intel card (assume you have one) and see if you can get pass the title screen. This doesn't solve the problem but does tell you your CPU is not the problem.

achillinator
11-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Well I'm not really a genius when it comes to computers :p
How do I try my integrated Intel card 'cause I checked and it says it's an Intel HD Graphics 4600

ShenghanKI
11-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Well I'm not really a genius when it comes to computers :p
How do I try my integrated Intel card 'cause I checked and it says it's an Intel HD Graphics 4600

You right click on ACU.exe, and you will be able to find it under graphic options. Meanwhile, you probably want to check if your graphic card driver is up to date and go over the other threads on how to solve problems such as ACU.exe has stopped working. I just found out that in my case its actually ACU.exe has stopped responding rather than stopped working, but your problem could be a different one.

ZeFullPowa
11-16-2014, 07:35 PM
As shown here, laptop versions of graphics cards MAY work not will work. Also they are not officially supported so you are out of luck. You should consider buying a desktop. Laptops are really only good for business and school now a days so.
http://puu.sh/cTnN7/d3ed6228ed.png