PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Petition to change the ending for the better!

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 04:08 PM
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/706/408/139/make-an-alternative-ending-to-assassins-creed-unity-as-an-update/?cid=headerClick#sign
(http://www.thepetitionsite.com/706/408/139/make-an-alternative-ending-to-assassins-creed-unity-as-an-update/?cid=headerClick#sign A petition that you guys SHOULD sign if you want the ending to change in some way. Please sign this. (This isn't spam, I generally care about this ending and want to see it changed).)
A petition that you guys SHOULD sign if you want the ending to change in some way. Please sign this.
Elise was a strong character and one of the best love interest in the franchise. I beg you to share this with everyone.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 05:12 PM
38/1000
It's not much but it's a start. Please sign this petition and get it noticed!

marvelfannumber
11-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Seriously?

You think a petition is gonna do anything? I wish I had your optimism mate.

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
11-15-2014, 05:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3vKJqc7.gif

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 05:38 PM
No reason to be rude about this.

Unless you're all laughing because you think Ubisoft won't change it because they don't care about what the fans want?

How do you even know it won't work if you don't even try?
That's not the attitude you should have about this.

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 05:47 PM
First you need to put the second part of the OP in "spoiler" quotes and second, they wont. I hated it just as much as the next person but Ubisoft has a hard-on for doing this in their games. Just look at past ACs and you will see that.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Again...not the attitude to have.
If you don't sign it because you didn't care for the ending, at least sign it for the people here that do care, please.

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 05:55 PM
I DID care about the ending. So much in fact that i decided not to buy the next AC until they have a better story from what i can see. But that still doesnt mean that they will change the ending. Petitions like these never work. And i dont think that most people here who have already beat the game are going to want to have to repeat the last cutscene/mission just for the alternative ending. Not saying that i wouldnt sit there for it but i know most people wont.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Sounds like selfishness, if you don't want the ending then I totally respect that. I'm on board with you with not buying the next AC game unless it's an actual good story with a satisfying ending for once.
I still advise everyone to just take 2 minutes and sign it, then be done with it...that's all I'm asking. Two minutes out of the decades that you have left in your life. It obviously means a lot to people who want to sign this. Plus it only has 40/1000. Not a lot of people know about the petition I'm sure.

DynastyEmpire
11-15-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't know what's dumber the fans who critcized others for enjoying this series or call of duty &/or this dumb petition just because he wasn't ezio clone or pist that arno didn't die.

it's official gaming industry is now dead.

it's also official call of duty get's away with **** and all of fans enjoy it too much.

i hope you realize arno was only in it for redemption and justice, but only for elise. sometimes you have to make sacrfices, you really think it needs romance in order for assassin's creed to become good, when stories have of assassin's creed has always been good except connor or liberation. i'm not even going to mention ezio.

i just hope your not pis because you didn;t see arno having sex with elise.

just stupid excuse for this stupid petition.

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't know what's dumber the fans who critcized others for enjoying this series or call of duty &/or this dumb petition just because he wasn't ezio clone or pist that arno didn't die.

it's also official call of duty get's away with **** and all of fans enjoy it too much.

i hope you realize arno was only in it for redemption and justice, but only for elise. sometimes you have to make sacrfices, you really think it needs romance in order for assassin's creed to become good, when stories have of assassin's creed has always been good except connor or liberation. i'm not even going to mention ezio.

He is not pissed because of that. I am just as pissed as he is because Ubisoft has a habit of doing this when it is not necessary. You whole comment is invalid because you dont understand what the point of the frustration is.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 06:31 PM

Your negative attitude isn't exactly needed or wanted here. I generally care a lot about this franchise. I cried a bit when they killed Christina, still care a lot about that story. But Ezio's story ended well. He had a family and died where his family was murdered, it had a tremendous amount of value.

I couldn't care less if they had sex or not. I'm pissed because she was a rare case in being a female lead and ONE OF THE BEST IN THE FRANCHISE, and the just killed her off in the last 30 seconds, it made no sense, pissed people off, and didn't do anything for the story...it just made it worse.

Like Azrael said, your entire post is invalid.

steveeire
11-15-2014, 06:59 PM
I liked the ending.

guardian_titan
11-15-2014, 07:00 PM
I remember the uproar over Mass Effect 3's ending. Bioware ended up doing a DLC to alter the ending. They didn't change it so much as expanded it. It still came down to pick a color and watch everything you did in the series ultimately not matter. Every DLC after that only added like 1 or 2 lines of dialogue to the pick a color scene. If Ubisoft changed the Unity ending, all they'd do is expand it but not change the ultimate outcome. What happened happened and was by design.

While you may not like an ending, it was the writer's decision to have that ending. Signing a petition to request (or even force) an ending change is no different from bullying. If you don't like where the game went, return it for a refund. Speak with your wallet instead. Don't buy future games. The only time I'm aware of where a fan uproar caused the return of a favorite character was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle when he killed off Sherlock Holmes. It's not likely to happen again. It was a creative decision by the writer and if he doesn't want to change it, then he shouldn't be forced to. Was it a good idea to kill a strong female lead? Probably not, but would people be crying so much if Elise were male and Arno female? Flip the tables a bit. If it's okay for a male to do something in a given situation, flip the table. Is it okay for a woman to do the same thing? A hard male boss is often respected while a hard female boss is often considered mean and vicious. A guy can openly flirt with women and have multiple partners while being seen as normal but a woman does the same thing and she's not seen so well. Double standards.

The story's fine. Don't like it, quit buying the games or don't buy another one written by the guy who wrote Unity. If you don't like your favorite characters dying, I suggest not to read The Walking Dead, watch the TV show, or play the Telltale game. You'll end up quitting before you finish the first arc.

Again, it's a creative decision. If you wrote a story, spent 1-3 years on it, finally got it released to the public, and everyone told you the ending was terrible and wanted it changed, how would you feel? Not everyone would want to go back to redo their work just to change various scenes leading up to the one no one liked and then change the ending scene. That's also a LOT of money if Ubisoft were to change it. They'd have to do new animations and new dialogue among who knows what else while also potentially changing or tweaking earlier scenes to work with the new ending. And what about the fans who liked Elise dying? If Ubisoft actually changed the ending so you got the one you wanted, the fans who liked the original ending have now been told to go elsewhere. Having two endings in a series where choices haven't been a part of would be strange.

Frankly, I'm just getting a good laugh out of people thinking Elise wouldn't die. I said she would months ago. It was painfully obvious.

Way too easy in a topic like this to use derogatory words. :p

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 07:03 PM
It should still be changed for the better. With Elise and Arno having separate side missions.

MnemonicSyntax
11-15-2014, 07:05 PM
"Better" is subjective. Some people like the ending.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Okay you're completely right.

But it is a fact that they had no good reason to kill her off.
I've said it before, she was an outstanding character. Killing her off just wasn't the way it should have gone...

MnemonicSyntax
11-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Actually, they did. Arno's story is about finding himself by losing everyone he cared about.

steveeire
11-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Elise dying made total sense narrative wise, she was the more rash of the two. We see her being impulsive a few times throughout the story without considering the consequences of her actions, and in the end her impulsiveness caught up with her. Just because she is a good character or your favourite character is not a good enough reason to keep her alive.

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Elise dying made total sense narrative wise, she was the more rash of the two. We see her being impulsive a few times throughout the story without considering the consequences of her actions, and in the end her impulsiveness caught up with her. Just because she is a good character or your favourite character is not a good enough reason to keep her alive.

The same could be said for Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward at the beginning. But the writers changed their personalities throughout the stories. They could have easily done that with Elise.

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Actually, they did. Arno's story is about finding himself by losing everyone he cared about.

But they could have done that without killing Elise. He lost his father at a young age, he lost Elises father and was blamed for it, and he got exiled from the Assassin order. Why was that not enough? He was already broken from all that to begin with. The ending was just cruel.

steveeire
11-15-2014, 07:33 PM
The same could be said for Ezio, Connor and Edward at the beginning. But the writers changed their personalities throughout the stories. They could have easily done that with Elise.

Yes but Unity wasn't about Elise it was about Arno and his growth as a character, Arno changes over the course of the game Elise does not, and her impulsiveness gets her killed, as I said narrative wise it made sense.

Also, damn Arno was an ugly child.

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Yes but Unity wasn't about Elise it was about Arno and his growth as a character, Arno changes over the course of the game Elise does not, and her impulsiveness gets her killed, as I said narrative wise it made sense.

Also, damn Arno was an ugly child.

I agree with Arno being an ugly child, but read my other comment in the spoiler. A lot happened to Arno throughout the game that made him change WITHOUT her death.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 07:38 PM
It is SUPPOSED to be Arno and Elise.
Not just....Arno.

steveeire
11-15-2014, 07:42 PM
But her death brings his character growth to its conclusion, honestly what sort of life would they have had together she had totally drank the Templer Kool aid, and Arno while was just using the Assassin's as a means to an end, he didn't agree with the Templer beliefs.

I also think there will be more dlc story for Arno because of the thing at the very end.

Nearly spoiled that there.

It is SUPPOSED to be Arno and Elise.
Not just....Arno.

Arno is the protagonist, it is his story.

Namikaze_17
11-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Elise was an ugly child... :rolleyes: And that dress? 0__0

But to OP, the ending was fine I guess.

I did'nt care for frenchzi-Er, I mean Arno but he learned his lesson.

Hood2theBurbs
11-15-2014, 07:57 PM
No offense, but this seems silly. The writers had a very good reason to kill her, she was obsessed with her revenge. She chose that over herself and over Arno and it leads to her downfall, it would have been out of character for her to suddenly just drop her desire for revenge and survive the ending.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Germain was limping, he couldn't of gotten away if he wanted to.
Arno lifted the rubble off himself within 20 seconds of her leaving him behind. Meaning if she helped him (cutting the time possible by 10 seconds or even more) that they could of gotten him together.
The ending makes no sense, and just makes the story a bit worse than previous ones due to this (worse being opinionated of course).

steveeire
11-15-2014, 08:11 PM
You are missing the point it wasn't in her character to let him go, even though they probably would have caught him, killing him was more important to her than saving Arno or even saving herself, she says as much in her letters. If the shoe was on the other foot Arno would have choose her.

ItsGaryPOG
11-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Just completed the game a few hours ago, safe to say I was slightly annoyed at the ending.

But reading some posts here I agree with what others were saying about the whole way through she was ready to do what was needed even if it risked her own life, Arno would have stopped and saved her, she stated this in the letter she wrote.

I get why she died,I knew she was going to die( did anyone not see that coming? Just curious )

I guess I was slightly disappointed she did die as she was a big character and I liked missions the two did together, but to me it felt rushed and awkward, even how she died I didnt like.

Maybe if they had done her death better, with the same logic as this one ( she was willing to do anything to kill him ) then I might have enjoyed it better

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Could have EASILY saved Arno and killed Germain together. Safely together.

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Could have EASILY saved Arno and killed Germain together. Safely together.

Dude -

SPOILER. TAGS.

Learn how to use them.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Dude -

SPOILER. TAGS.

Learn how to use them.

Sorry, but please read the title next time.

RA503
11-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Mass Effect ending is a complete diferent case because his original ending ruined the multiple choice premise,a writer don't have any obligation to change her history per law or to please the masses if contrary is censorship.

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Just got to the ending of Unity.

What a joke that was, lol.

Not signing any silly petition, but yeah I am extremely underwhelmed. I hope Dead Kings is way better.

F3nix013
11-15-2014, 09:44 PM
But her death brings his character growth to its conclusion, honestly what sort of life would they have had together she had totally drank the Templer Kool aid, and Arno while was just using the Assassin's as a means to an end, he didn't agree with the Templer beliefs.

I also think there will be more dlc story for Arno because of the thing at the very end.

Nearly spoiled that there.

Arno is the protagonist, it is his story.

but Arno was exiled at the end of sequence 11 so why does that even matter? Yea he used the skill he learned from them (who wouldnt?) but if you look at the time he was in the order, he pretty much did what he wanted to anyway as the others on the council pointed out.

And you cant say that he didnt believe in the Templars beliefs. He was acting more on his desire to get retribution for his father and correcting past mistakes such as Elises father than he was willing to progress the order forward. And that was explained by Arno after Elise gave him his fathers watch back and asked if he was going with her back to Paris. Just because he used the Assassins to accomplish his goals doesnt mean he believed in the whole war between the 2 orders.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Just got to the ending of Unity.

What a joke that was, lol.

Not signing any silly petition, but yeah I am extremely underwhelmed. I hope Dead Kings is way better.

I understand that some people don't take it as seriously as others. I also understand your decision to not take 2 minutes of your weekend to help another person out.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Signed. Arno and Elise deserve better.

Killing off a character the game lets us have affection for is a cheap way to tug at the emotions, and Ubisoft has used it way too much in their games (it happened in Brotherhood, AC3, AC4 and now Unity). It's also yet another jab at women from Ubisoft - turning the woman into an object to be cast aside for no other reason than to ratchet up the emotion is misogyny, pure and simple.

BK-110
11-16-2014, 05:15 AM
I see no reason to sign this petition. This was the story the developers wanted to tell. If you don't like it, sad for you, but the logic that everyone should sign it just because some people didn't like it is utterly ridiculous.

Signed. Arno and Elise deserve better.

Killing off a character the game lets us have affection for is a cheap way to tug at the emotions, and Ubisoft has used it way too much in their games (it happened in Brotherhood, AC3, AC4 and now Unity). It's also yet another jab at women from Ubisoft - turning the woman into an object to be cast aside for no other reason than to ratchet up the emotion is misogyny, pure and simple.

Oh, don't even start. With that logic you would also have to call it misandry when male characters are killed to tug at our emotional strings. Besides, something like this works precisely because it is a character who the player is supposed to care about, otherwise it wouldn't have much impact.

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 05:20 AM
I see no reason to sign this petition. This was the story the developers wanted to tell. If you don't like it, sad for you, but the logic that everyone should sign it just because some people didn't like it is utterly ridiculous.

Oh, don't even start. With that logic you would also have to call it misandry when male characters are killed to tug at our emotional strings. Besides, something like this works precisely because it is a character who the player is supposed to care about, otherwise it wouldn't have much impact.

But the problem is, they have done this with AC2, Brotherhood, AC3, BF and now Unity. Its getting ****ing old. They dont have to do it with almost every game they come out with.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 05:48 AM
But the problem is, they have done this with AC2, Brotherhood, AC3, BF and now Unity. Its getting ****ing old. They dont have to do it with almost every game they come out with.

Lol almost all the games are about revenge and death in the family/close friends. Half the games start with someone close to you dying. It's pretty lame, The writiers don't seem to know how to start the games (Black flag, and Revelations aside). **** even in AC1 you died in the beginning lol.

For once we should start the game on a happy note. Here's an idea: How about we play as a orphan kid (doesn't matter how the parents are gone, we'll say they left the kid in the streets) who steals from a man training two teens. Turns out that man is a master assassin and since you pickpocket him he takes interest in you and trains you as well.

Shoot they can even make the game about the 3 assassins and the master and focus the story on them... master dies, someone betrayed the brotherhood, so second half of the game is finding out who. Narrowing it down to your team, and then you have to figure out who from there. Making you investigate them individually, by then we should already have emotional connections to these teammates.

Boom i just made a better intro for an AC game without someone dying, they should hire me lol

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Lol almost all the games are about revenge and death in the family/close friends. Half the games start with someone close to you dying. It's pretty lame, The writiers don't seem to know how to start the games (Black flag, and Revelations aside). **** even in AC1 you died in the beginning lol.

Not almost all of them were about revenge and death in the family/close friends. AC1, Revelations and BF were not about that. Only half of them were (i am not counting non-console ACs). And you never died at the beginning of 1 at any point.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Not almost all of them were about revenge and death in the family/close friends. AC1, Revelations and BF were not about that. Only half of them were (i am not counting non-console ACs). And you never died at the beginning of 1 at any point.

yea you did, Al Mualen stabbed you and Altair thought he died but awoke to find out that it was just a punishment. So i'm counting that is you dying haha. So then that's more then half now. my point still holds, at this point they need to change it up. Show us something new

Oh and technically Altair's future best friend, Malak, his brother died in the beginning and Malak lost his arm too. Another form of someone losing something in the beginning of AC.

I don't care too much about Revelations since I consider it the worst in the series and Black Flag wasn't an assassin's creed game but more of a pirate game with assassin's creed mechanics (that's just me though)

sem1rek
11-16-2014, 07:01 AM
Yea yea show us something new. So we got game about man turning from pirate into an assassin and about discovering the Creed on his own without any initial loss. Still not enough for you. Even if you get something new, you will not recognize it and we will read this ******** about non-assassin's creed game again.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Based on events that happen in the game, one necessary thing needs to happen: Arno should NOT be an Assassin at the end of the game, if you know the story.

And it'd be nice if Elise would've lived instead of being stupid. And her mistake wasn't

trying to take on Germain without Arno. It was not making sure Germain was dead BEFORE checking Arno.

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 08:01 AM
Sorry, but please read the title next time.

No, you need to put them in posts too.

No they didn't.

In those games, the protags always had someone to fall back onto.

AC2/Brotherhood had Ezio's mother and sister. Plus, Ezio ended up with Sophia. 3 had the homesteaders. Black Flag had Anne Bonny and the Assassins.

In Unity, Arno ends up with literally no one.

Cactiii
11-16-2014, 08:13 AM
The ending made sense to me. Elise had seen Germain get away before and was unwilling to take the chance of seeing that happen again. We saw Germain teleport away earlier, and Elise wanted to kill him before anything like that could happen. You can see Elise struggle to decide between helping Arno or finishing off Germain, something that she had spent years working towards and saw slip through her fingers two years earlier. She had always placed killing Germain at her highest priority, above Arno and her own life.

Killing Germain was Elise's entire goal; Arno's goal was both killing Germain and Elise. Both of them let personal desires supersede external necessities. Elise helps Arno decapitate most of the templar order in the name of justice, while Arno doesn't really care for the assassin order, using it as a means of achieving vengeance. The mentors recognize this and exile him as a result. This, combined with the fact that Germain is seemingly gone forever, causes Arno to give up- however, Elise acts as his motivation to chase down Germain. Her giving him back his father's watch is symbolic of him regaining meaning in his life.

One of the final shots we see is of Arno looking down at his pocketwatch, now fixed. In the beginning, when his father dies the watch is dropped and broken. Arno's entire life up until the ending is his process of understanding that death (and those in its wake) and redemption. When he finally kills Germain, he feels that he has redeemed himself, and thus the watch is fixed.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 01:16 PM
I see no reason to sign this petition.

Then don't.

This was the story the developers wanted to tell.

Yeah, but they've told it already in AC: Brotherhood and in AC4. It was moving the first time, and okay the second. Now it's just hackneyed. I don't want every other AC story to have the same memes over and over again. Why can't they come up with something new and different? In the meantime, how about they make the option of an alternate ending for those of us who think Arno and Elise deserve better?

If you don't like it, sad for you, but the logic that everyone should sign it just because some people didn't like it is utterly ridiculous.

No. It's customer feedback. And no one has dictated that "everyone" must sign it. Heck, no one who disagrees should sign it. That's how petitions work.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-16-2014, 01:18 PM
...Arno doesn't really care for the assassin order, using it as a means of achieving vengeance. The mentors recognize this and exile him as a result. Yeah, and it makes absolutely no sense, because the only difference it makes is that Arno goes on a drinking binge and then goes back to doing exactly what he was doing before. Heck, he can even go back into the Assassin HQ with no one stopping him.

steveeire
11-16-2014, 01:25 PM

No they didn't.

AC2/Brotherhood had Ezio's mother and sister. Plus, Ezio ended up with Sophia. 3 had the homesteaders. Black Flag had Anne Bonny and the Assassins.

Well he was hobbling away so one would presume he was still alive.

The ending made sense to me. Elise had seen Germain get away before and was unwilling to take the chance of seeing that happen again. We saw Germain teleport away earlier, and Elise wanted to kill him before anything like that could happen. You can see Elise struggle to decide between helping Arno or finishing off Germain, something that she had spent years working towards and saw slip through her fingers two years earlier. She had always placed killing Germain at her highest priority, above Arno and her own life.

Killing Germain was Elise's entire goal; Arno's goal was both killing Germain and Elise. Both of them let personal desires supersede external necessities. Elise helps Arno decapitate most of the templar order in the name of justice, while Arno doesn't really care for the assassin order, using it as a means of achieving vengeance. The mentors recognize this and exile him as a result. This, combined with the fact that Germain is seemingly gone forever, causes Arno to give up- however, Elise acts as his motivation to chase down Germain. Her giving him back his father's watch is symbolic of him regaining meaning in his life.

One of the final shots we see is of Arno looking down at his pocketwatch, now fixed. In the beginning, when his father dies the watch is dropped and broken. Arno's entire life up until the ending is his process of understanding that death (and those in its wake) and redemption. When he finally kills Germain, he feels that he has redeemed himself, and thus the watch is fixed.

Arno wasn't out for Vengeance, he wanted to right the wrong that he thought he had committed. He also had never any intention of killing Elise all he wanted was to be with her it was part of the reason why he wanted to kill Germain. But yes you are mostly correct about everything else.

DavisP92
11-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Yea yea show us something new. So we got game about man turning from pirate into an assassin and about discovering the Creed on his own without any initial loss. Still not enough for you. Even if you get something new, you will not recognize it and we will read this ******** about non-assassin's creed game again.

lol no reason to be butt hurt about my opinion. 1 out of what 6 games isn't really showing something new when story wise. I'm excluding rogue because I'm not playing it, sold my old gen console and not interested in being a templar. But that was something new. Almost all the games are about turning into an assassin at a later point which is understandable and fine. But black flag just wasn't interesting.

Either way you didn't really prove anything but show how you get upset over other people's opinions, hope you have a nice day :D

Cactiii
11-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah, and it makes absolutely no sense, because the only difference it makes is that Arno goes on a drinking binge and then goes back to doing exactly what he was doing before. Heck, he can even go back into the Assassin HQ with no one stopping him.

There was a gap of a year or two between him getting exiled and him losing the watch. It wasn't just one drinking binge; that was likely one of many that occurred in that interim. The only thing that motivates him to start hunting for Germain again is Elise finding him and telling him to help her.

I think that the side assassination missions and coop and whatever else are all canonically supposed to have been completed before that point in the story, but I can't say for sure as I haven't played enough to see if there's any set post-Robespierre or anything like that. Getting back into the HQ is a bit odd certainly, but I think it's mostly there for gameplay so you can check your rank and whatnot.

The only real oddity I feel stems from Elise dying is that it means Arno knocked up someone else; this story is still coming through the genetic memory, so it means Arno fell in love/got drunk in the closet with someone else.

BatsEendje
11-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Signed.

BK-110
11-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah, but they've told it already in AC: Brotherhood and in AC4. It was moving the first time, and okay the second. Now it's just hackneyed. I don't want every other AC story to have the same memes over and over again. Why can't they come up with something new and different? In the meantime, how about they make the option of an alternate ending for those of us who think Arno and Elise deserve better?

They didn't tell the same story. Sure it involved a female character close to the main character dying, but it wasn't at all the same situation and the same context.

No. It's customer feedback. And no one has dictated that "everyone" must sign it. Heck, no one who disagrees should sign it. That's how petitions work

Aside from the people who said that those who don't care should sign for the sake of those who do.

The only real oddity I feel stems from Elise dying is that it means Arno knocked up someone else; this story is still coming through the genetic memory, so it means Arno fell in love/got drunk in the closet with someone else.

People can actually move on with their live after someone important to them has passed. Who would have thought?

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 04:40 PM
yea you did, Al Mualen stabbed you and Altair thought he died but awoke to find out that it was just a punishment. So i'm counting that is you dying haha. So then that's more then half now. my point still holds, at this point they need to change it up. Show us something new

Oh and technically Altair's future best friend, Malak, his brother died in the beginning and Malak lost his arm too. Another form of someone losing something in the beginning of AC.

I don't care too much about Revelations since I consider it the worst in the series and Black Flag wasn't an assassin's creed game but more of a pirate game with assassin's creed mechanics (that's just me though)

No you CANNOT count that as a death. Sorry but illusions dont count. Nice try. AC1 was about growth and redemption by restoring rank and honor.

But that wasnt Altair. It was caused by his actions but that was not HIS loss.

If you are not going to count those games then stop talking. All these games still had the continuation of the original story which is exactly why they matter. You are saying you are not counting them because they dont suit YOUR argument.

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 04:51 PM

No they didn't.

I dont even see how that applies to what is being discussed.

The whole point is saying that they didnt need to kill her off. Arnos growth of character happens regardless of whether or not she dies. That is the point. He lost his father at a young age, was blamed for Elises father even though he tried to help, got kicked out of the order. So with given all that, they even made a memory dedicated to his personality change. If you are saying all that doesnt matter then that just goes along with what i said about the story being completely ****ing pointless in playing since nothing you do matters in the game anyway.

Charming23
11-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Food for thought:
Ubisoft employee 1: "You know, I see a lot of Assassin's creed fans want a game based on being a Templar. Rogue is good and all, but he was an Assassin that became Templar, and I think we should look at a story that has person grow up as Templar, give them the whole experience. Any suggestions on how to approach this?"

Ubisoft employee 2: "You know what? Elise de la serre! I mean, she's extremely popular with the fans, she's awesome, why not do a story with her after Unity's events? That way, the audience already has tie in, their exposed to her, they love her, their going to want to play as her. And now we get to show another point of view from the Templar s. This is great too for after Unity, we showed that Assassin's aren't necessarily all good. Maybe we can add throw back missions where the player gets to play as Elise during Unity Events, have Arno write to her. Or add missions kinda of like Christine from Brotherhood, maybe so them growing up. And just think!!!!! Maybe Elise and Arno have a child! And now that child has a mother who's the Templar, and a father who's an Assassin! What happens if we add some role playing into the next entry after Elise?!!! What if we have the player decide what faction to chose: Templars or Assassins?!!!!! That makes the game hugely re playable, I mean, we could have two different endings, maybe you have to save your parents, or one of them has to die, etc, etc!!!!!!

Ubisoft employee 1: "OMG!!!! That sounds awesome!!!!!!! I think we have a two great game ideas!!! I know the fans will love it! Arno and Elise were popular, we have a great lead into our next game. We got sh*t for having no playable females in Unity, this just makes perfect sense."

Ubisoft employee 3: "Yeah guys, umm, I hate to break it to you, but we kinda of killed Elise. So, ummmm, were going to have to do something else."

I'm sorry Ubisoft, but you guys clearly missed potential for next entries. :rolleyes:

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Food for thought:
Ubisoft employee 1: "You know, I see a lot of Assassin's creed fans want a game based on being a Templar. Rogue is good and all, but he was an Assassin that became Templar, and I think we should look at a story that has person grow up as Templar, give them the whole experience. Any suggestions on how to approach this?"

Ubisoft employee 2: "You know what? Elise de la serre! I mean, she's extremely popular with the fans, she's awesome, why not do a story with her after Unity's events? That way, the audience already has tie in, their exposed to her, they love her, their going to want to play as her. And now we get to show another point of view from the Templar s. This is great too for after Unity, we showed that Assassin's aren't necessarily all good. Maybe we can add throw back missions where the player gets to play as Elise during Unity Events, have Arno write to her. Or add missions kinda of like Christine from Brotherhood, maybe so them growing up. And just think!!!!! Maybe Elise and Arno have a child! And now that child has a mother who's the Templar, and a father who's an Assassin! What happens if we add some role playing into the next entry after Elise?!!! What if we have the player decide what faction to chose: Templars or Assassins?!!!!! That makes the game hugely re playable, I mean, we could have two different endings, maybe you have to save your parents, or one of them has to die, etc, etc!!!!!!

Ubisoft employee 1: "OMG!!!! That sounds awesome!!!!!!! I think we have a two great game ideas!!! I know the fans will love it! Arno and Elise were popular, we have a great lead into our next game. We got sh*t for having no playable females in Unity, this just makes perfect sense."

Ubisoft employee 3: "Yeah guys, umm, I hate to break it to you, but we kinda of killed Elise. So, ummmm, were going to have to do something else."

I'm sorry Ubisoft, but you guys clearly missed potential for next entries. :rolleyes:

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*, This is absolutely perfect. I completely agree with this lol.

Charming23
11-16-2014, 07:50 PM
I just find it interesting that Ubisoft has this like "addiction" to kill off the main leads love interest.

altair ibn la ahad loved/married Maria Thorpe - killed
Ezio Auditore da Firenze loved Cristina Vespucci - killed; on other note, though, he ends up with Sofia Sartor
Edward Kenway loved Caroline Scott - died from small pox
[SPOILER]Arno Victor Dorian loved Elise de laserre - killed

I don't understand. They must like tragedy or something.

chainedpop
11-16-2014, 07:59 PM
This post got a little more...popular than expected.
Guys, I'm sure all of us here love Assassin's creed, we might hate a few, or love all of the games. Either way, I think that Elise needs to be alive with Arno for many important reasons, the most important one being that her dying just makes this story very generic. Another being that people who got attached to "Arno and Elise" didn't want her to die (Even if they could see it coming).

Point being like I've said before guys, all I'm asking is you take 2 minutes (not even) out of your day to just sign a petition then you never have to go back to the petition page ever again. Just show the people who want to make a change here some love & compassion, and if you did like how the ending turned out then that's your opinion.

I'm not forcing you to sign it. I don't see why you should get mad over someone who wants the ending to change, we all share opinions here.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/706/408/139/make-an-alternative-ending-to-assassins-creed-unity-as-an-update/?cid=headerClick#sign The petition for people who want to sign it and make a good ending for once in a AC game (excluding AC2).

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 08:14 PM

This post got a little more...popular than expected.
Guys, I'm sure all of us here love Assassin's creed, we might hate a few, or love all of the games. Either way, I think that Elise needs to be alive with Arno for many important reasons, the most important one being that her dying just makes this story very generic. Another being that people who got attached to "Arno and Elise" didn't want her to die (Even if they could see it coming).

Point being like I've said before guys, all I'm asking is you take 2 minutes (not even) out of your day to just sign a petition then you never have to go back to the petition page ever again. Just show the people who want to make a change here some love & compassion, and if you did like how the ending turned out then that's your opinion.

I'm not forcing you to sign it. I don't see why you should get mad over someone who wants the ending to change, we all share opinions here.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/706/408/139/make-an-alternative-ending-to-assassins-creed-unity-as-an-update/?cid=headerClick#sign The petition for people who want to sign it and make a good ending for once in a AC game (excluding AC2).

No. You want us to sign something because you want it, even if we don't want to sign it. That's my issue.

If it's our opinion how we liked the ending, why should we sign something because you didn't? So you can have your way? Try putting yourself in our shoes and rethink that.

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-16-2014, 08:17 PM
I just find it interesting that Ubisoft has this like "addiction" to kill off the main leads love interest.

altair ibn la ahad loved/married Maria Thorpe - killed
Ezio Auditore da Firenze loved Cristina Vespucci - killed; on other note, though, he ends up with Sofia Sartor
Edward Kenway loved Caroline Scott - died from small pox
Arno Victor Dorian loved Elise de laserre - killed

I don't understand. They must like tragedy or something.

Please used Spoiler tags in your posts, even though it's in the title.

chainedpop
11-16-2014, 08:28 PM
I just said you don't have to sign it if you don't want to.

It would be greatly appreciated if you did though even if you didn't care about the ending.

=/= You don't have to, but it's still a nice gesture.

BatsEendje
11-16-2014, 08:40 PM
No. You want us to sign something because you want it, even if we don't want to sign it. That's my issue.

If it's our opinion how we liked the ending, why should we sign something because you didn't? So you can have your way? Try putting yourself in our shoes and rethink that.

The fact over thousands of people all over the internet, including youtube and what not ALL say that the storyline has been nothing but a joke and Ubisoft really ruined it this time. You should just get over the fact they have done a bad job and could have done it better if they didn't care more for the money than the game. To keep your community happy you should most likely give them what they want or try to please them instead of letting them all down, Period.

EXAMPLE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-dclKRbef0 <-- Spoiler Alert -.-

ItsGaryPOG
11-16-2014, 08:43 PM
The fact over thousands of people all over the internet, including youtube and what not ALL say that the storyline has been nothing but a joke and Ubisoft really ruined it this time. You should just get over the fact they have done a bad job and could have done it better if they didn't care more for the money than the game. Period.

So what if thousands of people all over the internet didn't like the story, thats their own opinion.
Great thing we have it's called being different, if everybody thought the same life would be boring.

I personally liked the story overall, the ending I didn't like but I understand why it happened like it did.

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 08:57 PM
The fact over thousands of people all over the internet, including youtube and what not ALL say that the storyline has been nothing but a joke and Ubisoft really ruined it this time. You should just get over the fact they have done a bad job and could have done it better if they didn't care more for the money than the game. To keep your community happy you should most likely give them what they want or try to please them instead of letting them all down, Period.

EXAMPLE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-dclKRbef0 <-- Spoiler Alert -.-

The fact that not everyone thinks the same and aren't mindless drones is why we have differences of opinions.

People also didn't like that Black Flag was basically just Pirate's Creed and wanted it so Edward was never an Assassin, or wasn't ever a Pirate, and that didn't change either, did it?

There's this thing called "You can't please everyone" and in these cases it's best to do what you want to do with the story.

Plus, there's fanfiction. Make it own headcanon or what not.

Lastly, LMAO. You toss around the word fact like it's a fact, when it's all subjective opinion. Please get over using the word "fact" and instead learn what it really means.

So what if thousands of people all over the internet didn't like the story, thats their own opinion.
Great thing we have it's called being different, if everybody thought the same life would be boring.

I personally liked the story overall, the ending I didn't like but I understand why it happened like it did.

Amen.

Hood2theBurbs
11-16-2014, 09:25 PM
I haven't seen a single good reason for changing the ending. All I've seen is

waaah I liked Elise I didn't want her to die bring her to life plz. The only legitimate gripe you could have is the way her death was executed, and even then nothing is going to change.

chainedpop
11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Negative attitudes aren't exactly appreciated.

No reason to be a Debby downer.

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 09:52 PM

Dont group me with that. I may not have liked the ending but i know it is a waste of time trying to get them to change it. My only point is that they didnt have to kill Elise off at all because with or without her death, Arnos character changed in the end due to other circumstances.

Charming23
11-16-2014, 10:01 PM
I haven't seen a single good reason for changing the ending. All I've seen is

waaah I liked Elise I didn't want her to die bring her to life plz. The only legitimate gripe you could have is the way her death was executed, and even then nothing is going to change.

I can easily: franchise potential. I think it would have been smarter to keep Elise alive for a few more iterations. I mean, if Ubisoft wanted too, they could have had the next entry follow Elise and have her as the playable character. This would give us another story on the Templar side of view, and we could still see Arno. Maybe, to complete a trilogy, we could have had a son/daughter of Arno and Elise be the next playable character and see a story where a person has lineage to both Templar and Assassin's. This would have been fun to explore. Seeing how huge the reception of Elise and Arno were, I would say this would have been a great opportunity for Ubisoft. Alas, it didn't pan out this way, so its a missed opportunity. The ending isn't bad, I just feel like more could have been gained other way around. That's my only gripe against it.

I just think to myself, what's the next entry? To me it just seems like it's going to be more of the same, and not something new. I could be wrong (I hope I am), but I just feel like were going to either get another AC:Revelation Story involving Arno or a new initiate Assassin which won't be new to us. I just feel personally there was more to be gained from keeping her alive than just killing her. Yes, it fits the story, but what's the next step in the franchise?

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 10:02 PM
The fact that not everyone thinks the same and aren't mindless drones is why we have differences of opinions.

People also didn't like that Black Flag was basically just Pirate's Creed and wanted it so Edward was never an Assassin, or wasn't ever a Pirate, and that didn't change either, did it?

There's this thing called "You can't please everyone" and in these cases it's best to do what you want to do with the story.

Plus, there's fanfiction. Make it own headcanon or what not.

Lastly, LMAO. You toss around the word fact like it's a fact, when it's all subjective opinion. Please get over using the word "fact" and instead learn what it really means.

Amen.

You can have your opinion, but dont try to belittle someone elses opinion because it isnt your own. We were just defending our opinion that you were trying to say doesnt matter since it was the writers decision. Aside from that there is a fact that not only are thousands of people on the internet and respectable game reviewers saying that the story was ****, but also game retailers are saying that everyone who has already traded in or returned the game, gave the exact same reason for turning it in. Just today when i returned the game, they asked me why, i told them that story was the worst i have seen in any AC and being a story buff, that pissed me off to no end and the fact that the whole game was pointless since nothing happened made me even more mad especially with killing off yet ANOTHER female they make you care about. They said that was pretty much the reasoning everyone else gave when they returned their copy.

And it may just be a coincidence, but now Gamestop has a new policy where if you dont like the game and/or havent finished playing it/beat it, you can now return the game in 7 days for a full refund even if it is a new copy. So i dont know if that is just a coincidence but i am leaning towards no because they never had that policy before and there has been a high volume of people returning this game.

Hood2theBurbs
11-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I can easily: franchise potential. I think it would have been smarter to keep Elise alive for a few more iterations. I mean, if Ubisoft wanted too, they could have had the next entry follow Elise and have her as the playable character. This would give us another story on the Templar side of view, and we could still see Arno. Maybe, to complete a trilogy, we could have had a son/daughter of Arno and Elise be the next playable character and see a story where a person has lineage to both Templar and Assassin's. This would have been fun to explore. Seeing how huge the reception of Elise and Arno were, I would say this would have been a great opportunity for Ubisoft. Alas, it didn't pan out this way, so its a missed opportunity. The ending isn't bad, I just feel like more could have been gained other way around. That's my only gripe against it.

I just think to myself, what's the next entry? To me it just seems like it's going to be more of the same, and not something new. I could be wrong (I hope I am), but I just feel like were going to either get another AC:Revelation Story involving Arno or a new initiate Assassin which won't be new to us. I just feel personally there was more to be gained from keeping her alive than just killing her. Yes, it fits the story, but what's the next step in the franchise?

I can appreciate that, but imo it isn't needed. If they do decide to stay with Arno for another game they have Napoleon to fall back on. The dude takes power forcefully and crowns himself Emperor of France pretty sure the Assassin's will take issue with that, Arno himself could use more development as a character. And frankly I don't think Arno will get another game, there will likely be a new protagonist and setting for the next game.

projectpat06
11-16-2014, 10:23 PM
I liked the ending. Arno's story and motives were driven by his loses. He consistently struggled between his personal feelings and his duty to the assassin brotherhood. In a way, he joined the brotherhood as a means of redemption but in the end, it was a path of further destruction. If Elise had lived, Arno would have retired peacefully most likely with her, but instead, her death gave him further purpose to carry his duty as an assassin. Elise lives=no post-game free roam or side missions

Charming23
11-16-2014, 10:24 PM
I can appreciate that, but imo it isn't needed. If they do decide to stay with Arno for another game they have Napoleon to fall back on. The dude takes power forcefully and crowns himself Emperor of France pretty sure the Assassin's will take issue with that, Arno himself could use more development as a character. And frankly I don't think Arno will get another game, there will likely be a new protagonist and setting for the next game.

Maybe play as Napoleon himself as he becomes Grand Master of the Templar s and becomes Emperor of France? Ok, I'm pushing it their, but Napoleon is a safe bet to be in the next game. I'm just hoping their not going to another Assassin origin story. It's becoming as old as the superhero origin story (I mean, how many different reasoning can we do before it starts to get old?). That's why Black Flag had a somewhat refreshing pace although its execution was a bit off at times. I just really want to see more Templar side of things. I still think Arno is going to be in the next game but whether he's the protagonist is debatable. Can we get a female point of view too?

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 10:26 PM
I liked the ending. Arno's story and motives were driven by his loses. He consistently struggled between his personal feelings and his duty to the assassin brotherhood. In a way, he joined the brotherhood as a means of redemption but in the end, it was a path of further destruction. If Elise had lived, Arno would have retired peacefully most likely with her, but instead, her death gave him further purpose to carry his duty as an assassin. Elise lives=no post-game free roam or side missions

Im not trying to argue your opinion but not only was he exiled from the Assassins (which they never showed him being welcomed back) but he showed no interest in the feud between the 2 factions.

projectpat06
11-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Im not trying to argue your opinion but not only was he exiled from the Assassins (which they never showed him being welcomed back) but he showed no interest in the feud between the 2 factions.

It's fair to say that he had no interest in being a member of the brotherhood, but he must have had some interest for him to come back several years later to the sage's body and hide it.

Hood2theBurbs
11-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Well his speech at the end makes seem like he returned to the Assassin's. Especially considering he recovered the Sword of Eden from the Templars. I'm quite sure the Council would allow him to return.

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 10:46 PM
It's fair to say that he had no interest in being a member of the brotherhood, but he must have had some interest for him to come back several years later to the sage's body and hide it.

I still dont understand that. I have no idea what the purpose was of going back to the Temple and taking the body and putting it in the catacombs. Its not like he knew anything about the MD Templars looking for old sage bodies. And the other thing is why keep the Temple closed off after the game when him and Napoleon busted through the wall? That would leave a gaping whole in the wall which could be easily accessible. And why did they bust through it instead of just turning the gadget on the wall like Arno did the first time?

So much of that just doesnt make any sense.

F3nix013
11-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Well his speech at the end makes seem like he returned to the Assassin's. Especially considering he recovered the Sword of Eden from the Templars. I'm quite sure the Council would allow him to return.

But it would have been nice if we knew if that happened. That is just another failure of story telling that Ubisoft did.

BatsEendje
11-16-2014, 10:48 PM

It's just another thing that they couldn't be bothered with because they simply rushed out the game for cash. This "story" is missing parts everywhere and doesn't even make any sense nor progress in the end. It is simply a waste of time. I mean there are many side-missions and graphic wise the game is amazing. But the story is lame, most likely unfinished and rushed in the end.

If my services would allow me to return my game for cash, I would've done it unless they would or will change the story or add extensions to it as the current story is not even clear. Not at all.

I mean, your dad gets killed, Elise's dad also gets killed and most likely her family too and in the end all that you have been fighting for is to protect Elise but in the end she dies anyway and you simply push up a hidden knife up into the bad guy's throat to have a chit chat with him and carry your DEAD girlfriend out without even crying and game finished.

Which I think is absolutely stupid, lame and rushed for cash.

Hood2theBurbs
11-16-2014, 10:55 PM
But it would have been nice if we knew if that happened. That is just another failure of story telling that Ubisoft did.

You're not wrong, Unity's story is simple and that isn't good thing considering the setting is the French Revolution which is one of the most complex events in western history. Now that I am replaying it again I can't help but notice more and more flaws. But with all that said Elise's death is not one of them, they just did a poor job executing it.

chainedpop
11-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Poor choice to kill her off.

Arno. And. Elise.

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 11:08 PM
You can have your opinion, but dont try to belittle someone elses opinion because it isnt your own. We were just defending our opinion that you were trying to say doesnt matter since it was the writers decision. Aside from that there is a fact that not only are thousands of people on the internet and respectable game reviewers saying that the story was ****, but also game retailers are saying that everyone who has already traded in or returned the game, gave the exact same reason for turning it in. Just today when i returned the game, they asked me why, i told them that story was the worst i have seen in any AC and being a story buff, that pissed me off to no end and the fact that the whole game was pointless since nothing happened made me even more mad especially with killing off yet ANOTHER female they make you care about. They said that was pretty much the reasoning everyone else gave when they returned their copy.

And it may just be a coincidence, but now Gamestop has a new policy where if you dont like the game and/or havent finished playing it/beat it, you can now return the game in 7 days for a full refund even if it is a new copy. So i dont know if that is just a coincidence but i am leaning towards no because they never had that policy before and there has been a high volume of people returning this game.

I'm not belittling anyone. I'm stating that an opinion does not equal fact. I never once said the having Elise remain alive is bad, terrible, stupid, dumb, ******ed, etc.

It's like you don't know how to read what I post and have some vendetta against me because reading isn't part of your basic skill set. See, that's belittling someone.

Learn the difference. But learn it on your own time. Tired of seeing your posts. Bye.

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Dont group me with that. I may not have liked the ending but i know it is a waste of time trying to get them to change it. My only point is that they didnt have to kill Elise off at all because with or without her death, Arnos character changed in the end due to other circumstances.

Did I quote you? Then I wasn't talking to you. Bye.

-------------------------

All this reminds me of Watch_Dogs and Clara which that petition also turned out great! XD

F3nix013
11-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Did I quote you? Then I wasn't talking to you. Bye.

-------------------------

All this reminds me of Watch_Dogs and Clara which that petition also turned out great! XD

Uh yea, you DID quote me. If you werent talking to me then next time dont quote me.

F3nix013
11-17-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm not belittling anyone. I'm stating that an opinion does not equal fact. I never once said the having Elise remain alive is bad, terrible, stupid, dumb, ******ed, etc.

It's like you don't know how to read what I post and have some vendetta against me because reading isn't part of your basic skill set. See, that's belittling someone.

Learn the difference. But learn it on your own time. Tired of seeing your posts. Bye.

You gave the excuse of "it was the writers decision". That is basically saying that it doesnt matter what our view is because that is how the writers did it regardless of us pointing out the flaws in their writing. That is pretty much the last ditch effort of someone who cant keep defending themselves when it comes to talking about part of a game. Its the same thing as saying "well that was the way the devs made it so it doesnt matter." Claiming our opinion pretty much doesnt matter just because of the way the devs wrote it is belittling.

Well excuse us story buffs for caring about the writing and seeing obvious flaws that shouldnt be there.

rprkjj
11-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Just finished the game, and I thought the ending was okay. AC4 and ACR's endings blows it out of the water. As far as endings go, I'd list the games like this:

AC4
ACR
ACB
AC2
ACU
AC1
AC3

Always knew Elise was gonna die, didn't much care for her character anyway. She seemed like a watered down Mary Reid imo. Dat Pierre death tho. Kinda disappointed in how they handled it the MD portion of it. It would be better if Bishop didn't throw the fact that it was tied up in a bit too neat of bow at your face. It opens up new sequels for Arno to, would love to see his adventures with Napoleon after the campaign. Psyched for dead kings.

Namikaze_17
11-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Dat Pierre death tho.

His death was beast...but Arno sold no emotion from it. :(

Just a simple: "Rest in peace." *Leaves*

Only listen to the white room speech between Edward & Hornigold.

That was emotion...

rprkjj
11-17-2014, 12:23 AM

That was emotion...

Agreed. White room speeches should come back, the whole memory rewind thing only serves as a convenient plot device.

Namikaze_17
11-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Agreed. White room speeches should come back, the whole memory rewind thing only serves as a convenient plot device.

Agreed. Not to mention Arno seeing through memories is weird as hell.

steveeire
11-17-2014, 02:15 AM

That was emotion...
But that should be the way it is for Assassins, when assassinating someone they should be cold and emotionless. Even though he doesn't truly believe in the assassin's creed until the end he is probably the most assassiny assassin we have had yet.

I hate to through the term gamer entitlement about but this thread it the definition of it.

TacoOoMonster
11-17-2014, 04:51 AM
Let's just say, this isn't mass effect 3 here. It was a good ending. Just wish we could have seen Juno or the other assassins towards the end.

Namikaze_17
11-17-2014, 06:33 AM
But that should be the way it is for Assassins, when assassinating someone they should be cold and emotionless. Even though he doesn't truly believe in the assassin's creed until the end he is probably the most assassiny assassin we have had yet.

I hate to through the term gamer entitlement about but this thread it the definition of it.

Well that makes sense in a way.

But when your friend betrays you and the group both of you served, are you simply just gonna be like Arno was in the fight?

This same situation happened with Edward & Hornigold in a way...it didn't stop Edward from showing emotion after killing him.

But at any rate, I respect your perspective on the scene though. :)

F3nix013
11-17-2014, 07:22 AM
Well that makes sense in a way.

But when your friend betrays you and the group both of you served, are you simply just gonna be like Arno was in the fight?

This same situation happened with Edward & Hornigold in a way...it didn't stop Edward from showing emotion after killing him.

But at any rate, I respect your perspective on the scene though. :)

Well, Edward became an Assassin AFTER he killed Hornigold so the rules didnt apply to him. I would say that both Ezio and Altair fit the bill when it came to emotional assassinations. Both were not only sympathetic to most of their targets but at the same time, they were also hostile to those who either affected them in some way or were so deluded in their thought that the only way to talk to them was in a forceful tone.

Namikaze_17
11-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Well, Edward became an Assassin AFTER he killed Hornigold so the rules didnt apply to him.

I meant Hornigold betraying Edward and the pirates at Nassau. He basically sold out on them, joined the Templars, and left them for dead basically. It's not same, but you get it.

Edward understood this and was angry at him. And when he killed him, that rage was released. It was realistic.

Whilst with Arno, it just didn't feel human or emotional after he killed Pierre. It was just felt half-***ed really.

I would say that both Ezio and Altair fit the bill when it came to emotional assassinations. Both were not only sympathetic to most of their targets but at the same time, they were also hostile to those who either affected them in some way or were so deluded in their thought that the only way to talk to them was in a forceful tone.

Altaïr wasn't really emotiontal towards anyone he killed. Even Al Mualim who was basically his father figure.

And Ezio wasn't all that sympathetic towards his targets either. Most times when he said: "requiescat in pace" to ones he killed, he sounded very disinterested, and only said that to show respect. The only ones that I can name that he was like what you mentioned was with Rodrigo or Ceasre.

BatsEendje
11-18-2014, 11:52 AM
355 petitions so far, hope we can get to the 1000. Aaand that it will do anything in the end, else we can all see that ubisoft doesn't give a [edit].

chainedpop
11-19-2014, 02:57 PM
355 petitions so far, hope we can get to the 1000. Aaand that it will do anything in the end, else we can all see that ubisoft doesn't give a [edit].

Yep, sadly it all comes down to whether or not Ubisoft listens to their fans.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/706/408/139/make-an-alternative-ending-to-assassins-creed-unity-as-an-update/?cid=headerClick#sign
468 people now

MnemonicSyntax
11-19-2014, 03:14 PM

Yep, sadly it all comes down to whether or not Ubisoft listens to their fans.

468 people now

Seriously? If Ubisoft doesn't change this then they just don't care about the fans or don't give an "eff?"

That's not how caring works guys. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
11-19-2014, 03:42 PM
I don't see how OP thinks they'll change anything...

I wasn't too fond of the ending either, but is it worth starting petitions?

Nah, not really.

jetlee2777
11-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Just finished the game, and I thought the ending was okay. AC4 and ACR's endings blows it out of the water. As far as endings go, I'd list the games like this:

AC4
ACR
ACB
AC2
ACU
AC1
AC3

Always knew Elise was gonna die, didn't much care for her character anyway. She seemed like a watered down Mary Reid imo. Dat Pierre death tho. Kinda disappointed in how they handled it the MD portion of it. It would be better if Bishop didn't throw the fact that it was tied up in a bit too neat of bow at your face. It opens up new sequels for Arno to, would love to see his adventures with Napoleon after the campaign. Psyched for dead kings.

Well yeah I also somehow wasnīt suprised at all that Elise will gonna die,but still I whish like many other too that at least it would be a "Happy End" and that Arno and Elise stay together cause this will be also a "big" change about the "rivaly" between assasins and templars,but yes this is not the first time that there was a sad ending as the wife of Altair in AC1 died too.

But what also kind of disappointed me was that the story,not only feels like as if it was a bit short and all rushed it was also kind of weird (confusing) in the beginning that only later when you move on you understand whoīs all behind it and who killed Arnos adoptive father,but how about his real father?,they never mentioned him in the game?,and also what I donīt understand what happened to Shaun and Rebecca after Assasins Creed IV Black Flag?,instead of we saw only a woman talking to you in presence who is now operating the Animus,but who the hell is she?,and also it was a pity that you didnīt saw much of Napoleon Bonaparte in the game,whish that there were more sequences where he was involved and not only almost in the end same with Marquis de Sade he only got a little role in the game.

So unfortunatly Ubisoft did the same like they did before in Assasins Creed 3,cause there you also donīt see much of George Washington eventhough he plays a main role in the american revolution.

Conclusion:Assasins Creed Unity is more a "love story" game,than it has really something to do with the French Revolution that appears only as "background story",and really unnoticed as you also even donīt see any sequences where King Louis XVI except sequence 11,and about Marie Antoinette you didnīt see her at all in the game eventhough she has been seen in the advertisment trailer of Assasins Creed Unity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-2rOtF8kuI at 0:36 min.

jetlee2777
11-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Well, Edward became an Assassin AFTER he killed Hornigold so the rules didnt apply to him. I would say that both Ezio and Altair fit the bill when it came to emotional assassinations. Both were not only sympathetic to most of their targets but at the same time, they were also hostile to those who either affected them in some way or were so deluded in their thought that the only way to talk to them was in a forceful tone.

No yourīre wrong Edward Kenway,never became an Assasin at all.

MnemonicSyntax
11-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Yes he did. He changed his colors after coming back to Ah Tabai and was working to clean up the mess he made.

Colors meaning flag, by the way. He flies an Assassin flag in the far latter part of the game.

crusader_prophet
11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
(http://www.thepetitionsite.com/706/408/139/make-an-alternative-ending-to-assassins-creed-unity-as-an-update/?cid=headerClick#sign A petition that you guys SHOULD sign if you want the ending to change in some way. Please sign this. (This isn't spam, I generally care about this ending and want to see it changed).)
A petition that you guys SHOULD sign if you want the ending to change in some way. Please sign this.
Elise was a strong character and one of the best love interest in the franchise. I beg you to share this with everyone.

signed!

jetlee2777
11-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes he did. He changed his colors after coming back to Ah Tabai and was working to clean up the mess he made.

Colors meaning flag, by the way. He flies an Assassin flag in the far latter part of the game.

Ok please show me a video about it,if possible.

Cause actually how can you become an Assasin without an official ceremony?,I mean ok Adewale become also an assasin but there was also now ceremony seen.

Namikaze_17
11-20-2014, 06:40 PM
No yourīre wrong Edward Kenway,never became an Assasin at all.

http://youtu.be/eCRgg5KuCVI

00:20-02:25

joelsantos24
11-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Seriously? A petition?

Namikaze_17
11-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Seriously? A petition?

Is it really that surprising? :rolleyes:

"Fans" complain about everything...

jetlee2777
11-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Is it really that surprising? :rolleyes:

"Fans" complain about everything...

Well you canīt be satisfied always,with everything I mean how did you find the end then?,and also the video that youīve uploaded here shows not precisely that Edward become an Assasin,as like I said before there was never an "official ceremony" like eg. in Assasins Creed Brotherhood with Ezio or in Assasins Creed Unity,with Arno.

MnemonicSyntax
11-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Ok please show me a video about it,if possible.

Cause actually how can you become an Assasin without an official ceremony?,I mean ok Adewale become also an assasin but there was also now ceremony seen.

Neither did Connor. "Used to, we'd have a ceremony to mark such an occasion, but things have changed" or something similar to that.

http://youtu.be/eCRgg5KuCVI

00:20-02:25

Thanks Nami.

Namikaze_17
11-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Well you canīt be satisfied always,with everything I mean how did you find the end then?,and also the video that youīve uploaded here shows not precisely that Edward become an Assasin,as like I said before there was never an "official ceremony" like eg. in Assasins Creed Brotherhood with Ezio or in Assasins Creed Unity,with Arno.

"Once upon a time, we had a ceremony on such occasions, but I don't think either of us are really the type for that."

^ Just like every setting, every region is different as some do the ceremony and some don't...

It doesn't determine if your an Assassin or not. It's about the understanding of the Creed and your dedication to it.

Thanks Nami.

Of course. :)

jetlee2777
11-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Neither did Connor. "Used to, we'd have a ceremony to mark such an occasion, but things have changed" or something similar to that.

Thanks Nami.

Well now that yourīre saying it I mean here in this video where you can see Connor becoming an Assasin see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDBelrJnLwc

Achilles was only saying:"Once upon a time,we had a ceremony on such occasions.

But I donīt think either of us are really the type for that." so in other words sometimes theyīre doing it and sometimes not.;)

jetlee2777
11-20-2014, 08:28 PM
"Once upon a time, we had a ceremony on such occasions, but I don't think either of us are really the type for that."

^ Just like every setting, every region is different as some do the ceremony and some don't...

It doesn't determine if your an Assassin or not. It's about the understanding of the Creed and your dedication to it.

Thatīs right,but still Edward as well as Arno have their own minds and are not always "following" the Creed as Edward was in the beginning a rough and greedy person who donīt cares on anything only himself,and Arno has had his own personal vendetta and because of that he infringe upon the Creed,and got even later on banished for his acts from the Brotherhood of the Assasins so in other words he was no longer an Assasin anymore.

Thatīs right,but still Edward as well as Arno have their own minds and are not always "following" the Creed as Edward was in the beginning a rough and greedy person who donīt cares on anything only himself,and Arno has had his own personal vendetta and because of that he infringe upon the Creed,and got even later on banished for his acts from the Brotherhood of the Assasins so in other words he was no longer an Assasin anymore.

Sniper-BoOyA
11-20-2014, 10:29 PM
The death of Elise didnt bother me as much as Arno being exciled from the Creed, but yet he got the Master Assassins Outfit and apparently was allowed to keep the Phantom Blade and still was able to do all the Assassin Missions.

Either i missed something or it will be explained in the upcoming DLC's. Because this just didnt make any sense to me.

itzrayen22
11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Perhaps some hand-waving, otherwise it'd be game over when you finish the main story. Alternatively any of the following could be the case (in an order that I feel is least to most likely):
1. Arno is operating as an Assassin outside the guild. It seems like jobs aren't condoned outside the guild anyway, so it doesn't really make much difference. You can buy all your assassin supplies at the nearest shop anyways, and he has all the equipment he needs.
2. Arno was accepted back into the guild. (Doesn't seem too likely, but given that you can access the hall, more likely than 1)
3. You, in whatever device your using, is browsing Arno's history in a time before he was expelled from the guild.

Derp43
11-22-2014, 02:05 AM
The ending should have been one of the following:
a) Moral choice.
b) Kill off Arno, keep Elise alive(We need more plot twists in the series anyway).

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-22-2014, 05:03 AM
Well now that yourīre saying it I mean here in this video where you can see Connor becoming an Assasin see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDBelrJnLwc

Achilles was only saying:"Once upon a time,we had a ceremony on such occasions.

But I donīt think either of us are really the type for that." so in other words sometimes theyīre doing it and sometimes not.;)

No, in other words, Achilles and Connor weren't doing that.

del170928075253
11-22-2014, 10:12 AM
@jetlee2777
The best solution for you is to read the "Assassin's Creed 3" Novel. It's explain that Edward completly an Assassin when he's back to England...

ahmadriad12
11-03-2015, 01:47 AM
I agree with you. And i have the same feeling as you did. I love the characters and i want they have a good ending. Maybe ubisoft will make a dlc where arno is looking for shroud of eden to revive her back..

SofaJockey
11-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Hang on, which game's ending are we talking about, has this thread necroed?

For avoidance of doubt:

Unity: Hate the ending with a passion.
Syndicate: Best ending since ACII

MT4K
11-03-2015, 01:50 PM
I agree with you. And i have the same feeling as you did. I love the characters and i want they have a good ending. Maybe ubisoft will make a dlc where arno is looking for shroud of eden to revive her back..

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/lqdgrphcs/thread_necro_zps92d0acb7.gif