PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting Assassin's Creed Unity

LostTales
11-15-2014, 03:39 PM
***TROUBLESHOOTING***

Graphics Issues:

-All related graphics issues might be resolved by downloading the new Graphics Card drivers.Nvidia and AMD have releases for the game. Look on their website for the newest drivers.

SLI and CFX Issues:

-The game seems to have some problem with multi-gpu configurations. Nvidia and AMD drivers seems to fix some of the problems but not all. My suggestion is to go back too single-gpu.

Framerate Issues:

-All issues related to framrates can be solved by lowering details (shadows, ambient occlusion and Vsync taxes alot of the GPU). Remember Ubi is working on the frame rates there is no need to blame them now since they acknowledged the issue.

Audio Issues:

-Like I stated a few times earlier the Audio drivers on a computer are the most common outdated ones. Try to locate the brand of the Audio Manager and download the newest ones.

Co-op Issues:

-Co-op issues are recognised by Ubi. They are working on it give it time. In the mean time going Offline and back Online on Uplay solved the issue a few times for me and my friends.

Launch Issue 1: Splash screen dissapearing

-If your game cannot launch. Remember this is only in case of the splash screen dissapearing, ACU has stopped working is another issue, try to put ACU.exe as exception in your virus scanner. Try to disable firewall and run the game always as Admin.

Launch Issue 2: ACU has stopped working

- Right-click on the Start Menu game file (in my case Start Menu/All Programs/Games/Assassin's Creed Unity), and click "Run as administrator". Delete the current Desktop shortcut, and sent a fresh one back to the Desktop by right-clicking on the same file and Send To/Desktop(create shortcut). Overclocking your Graphics Card Core clock might give the same effect try to lower the core clock of it ( DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM YOU DO). Last but not least verify your game files. Corrupted files might block the game from launching

I will add more solutions for issues as I encounter them. In the meantime be patience for Ubi to patch major bugs.

LostTales
11-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Framerate Issues:

-It has been confirmed that disabling internet features gives a boost in framerates on the PS4. This hasn't been confirmed on the PC version. If you want to give it a try you can disable the connection with the Companion app in the game. Don't forget to start Uplay in Offline mode too.

Graphics Issues:

-After changing any graphics settings RESTART the game. Watch Dogs had a similar system which caused alot of players to complain about FPS. They didn't know it only takes effect after a restart.

Launch Issue 2: ACU has stopped working

-Some users say lowering resolution of the desktop in Windows solved the issue. Also steam users should try disabling steam-overlay.

Network Issues:

-Putting your computers IP adress in the DMZ of your router solves a bunch of network related issues. How to do this look on the Ubisoft Support website.

Elcx
11-15-2014, 06:15 PM
I've updated the software - tried all settings on low or ultra; but the game still looks like Last-Gen.

;)

LostTales
11-15-2014, 06:20 PM
I've updated the software - tried all settings on low or ultra; but the game still looks like Last-Gen.

;)

I see you run an AMD GPU. Ubi and AMD are working together to fix issues on AMD configurations. AMD suffers alot with the engine since it uses alot of Nvidia Gameworks.
Stay patience and they will fix it .

Elcx
11-15-2014, 06:35 PM
I see you run an AMD GPU. Ubi and AMD are working together to fix issues on AMD configurations. AMD suffers alot with the engine since it uses alot of Nvidia Gameworks.
Stay patience and they will fix it .

I know they are working together to fix the mayor issues - but why the hell they couldn't release the game to work on bouth? That is a question for Ubisoft.

And Ubisoft: REMOVE THE ANNOYING IMAGE VERIFICATION - Morons.

LostTales
11-15-2014, 07:23 PM
I understand your frustration but that's how it works in the gaming industry I guess. I'm not in favor of Nvidia either I run the game on a FX-6300 @4,4Ghz and Sapphire R9 270x OC in very high without problems.