PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity GTX 850m

ThoRosman
11-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Is GTX 850m 4 GB VRAM able to run AC Unity?

Tully__
11-16-2014, 01:23 AM
No guarantee, laptops are not officially supported. It should be fast enough though, provided your machine has a fairly fast processor as well.
To see full system requirements, go to http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/937186-Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-Minimum-amp-Recommended-PC-Requirements

zerojad
11-16-2014, 06:47 AM
Well i guess you can run, mine is Nvidia GeForce 820m 2GB.

I'm able to play it but low framerates as supose. Plus the bugs and random crashes on Equipment Customization.

ThoRosman
11-17-2014, 07:22 PM
My RAM and processor meets the requirements. Do you advise to buy it?

D.I.D.
11-17-2014, 07:43 PM

The staff can't advise you to buy it because officially you're below minimum spec. The closest match to a GTX 680 desktop version in the laptop GTX800 series is the GTX 870M.

That doesn't mean you can't run it, by any means. I'm not even sure what their specs announcement meant - we don't know what resolution or settings they were talking about. I have a 4GB GTX 770, and it easily plays at 1080p with everything maxed, and I can get away with playing at 1440p with an acceptable frame rate if I ease off on the settings.

I think you should search YouTube for "Assassin's Creed Unity GTX 850M", which ought to get you some gameplay videos of people using your card. They might also say what settings they're using in the Show Info box.

[edit] Here's one, at 1366x768, High:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UeKo9GJL7E

ShenghanKI
11-17-2014, 08:09 PM

You'd always run the risk of not able to run this game just because you have a laptop if you buy it. However, are there ppl with your specs playing this game? Yes. There are many and ppl are even playing it with 650m and 640m at low resolution. Which means you can probably play the game at 768p with acceptable FPS. Would ppl recommend you to buy it? I think no one can because there is always that risk, but I will at least suggest you to not make a decision before all the major patches are out and most ppl with similar laptops are playing it with no significant issues.

ThoRosman
11-17-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks for your advices.