PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys tell me what the GPU utilization is like?

silverfall1986
11-15-2014, 01:09 PM
How to monitor your graphics cards GPU utilization while in-game in real-time:

Choose only one.

Get MSI afterburner / nvidia or amd compatible / http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm/ (make sure you install rivatuner if it asks you when installing afterburner).

Optional: or if using nvidia you can try precision X: http://www.evga.com/precision/

I recommend afterburner, its less intrusive on the game itself and more stable at the moment.

You will need to run Uplay, the games executable (.exe), and ONE (choose one) of these software, all as administrator, to be 100% sure that it will work without any issues. (google it if you don't know how to run something as admin, its a little trickier on windows 8).

In the options for either software you should see something called OSD (on screen display). Turn on gpu monitoring for the OSD and make sure OSD is on (google it if you need help for whatever software you chose to use if you're having a hard time enabling it, should be easy though). You can also monitor framerate in the same way with either software.

Play the game for a while, if you did it correctly you should see your gpu utilization in the corner while in-game as a % number. It should be a solid 99% or 98% if the game is using your gpu properly AT ALL TIMES. Even if the FPS drops drastically that number should be 99 or 98% (it means your gpu is actually being used).

I am curious to see if this game is plagued by the same problem watch dogs is, where gpu utilization plummets down to 50-70%. That shouldn't be happening, especially during FPS drops where you want gpu at 99% ( I.E 99% means its actually working). If its dropping down to 70% or lower, that is the cause of the performance issues. Even in absolute intense situations the gpu should be staying at 99% load. It should not be dropping, it does this in watch dogs because of their crappy engine that they cannot fix, but I'm just curious if its happening in ACU as well. So if some of you could do this for me and then report that back here with those results I'd appreciate it. Why do I want to know? Meh, I find this sort of thing fascinating, especially when they intentionally release a broken game, knowing its broken, can't fix it, and don't offer refunds. I do not own the game (dodged that burn) so I cannot check this myself.

It shouldn't matter what card you have, or if amd or nvidia. If its dropping gpu utilization hugely it shouldn't be doing that. Period. If its happening, its happening on any gpu; in theory that is, as it was the case with watch dogs.

If you have questions ask, but try to google it first.

Kernel.Fender
11-15-2014, 01:42 PM
I have a G19s keyboard so have all info on pc temps fans cpu etc on screen live I use lcd host and aida64 I can tell you that gpu ut on gtx780 is 96-99% constanly but I also use msi for fan curve and oc GPU CLK +180 MEM CLK +248 PWR Limit 106
so temps are at 62-69 celcius
cup usage i74930k@4.1 ghz game boot 43-55% once running 33%-41%
hope that helps

silverfall1986
11-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I have a G19s keyboard so have all info on pc temps fans cpu etc on screen live I use lcd host and aida64 I can tell you that gpu ut on gtx780 is 96-99% constanly but I also use msi for fan curve and oc GPU CLK +180 MEM CLK +248 PWR Limit 106
so temps are at 62-69 celcius
cup usage i74930k@4.1 ghz game boot 43-55% once running 33%-41%
hope that helps

try running the OSD info on your monitor instead of the keyboard, if it still stays 99-96% (solid at all times) for gpu I'll be genuinely surprised. Only suggesting this because it may not be updating the info to your keyboard as fast as it might to the monitor, so you could be missing drops (if it does drop).

mmac900
11-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Mine is 98%+ at all times, gpu 970. Software used - afterburner.

Kernel.Fender
11-15-2014, 01:57 PM
I would be surprised if its not unless your using a twin gpu card and are looking at both gpus util percentages AIDA64 is more accurate plus its a live update not an average the util is the on a single card if I switch to sli util drops across the cards.
Running the info on the monitor makes absolutely no difference to the numbers how can it?
http://oi59.tinypic.com/29bze51.jpg
that's how its laid out on my keyboard screen

silverfall1986
11-15-2014, 02:01 PM
I would be surprised if its not unless your using a twin gpu card and are looking at both gpus util percentages AIDA64 is more accurate plus its a live update not an average the util is the on a single card if I switch to sli util drops across the cards.
Running the info on the monitor makes absolutely no difference to the numbers how can it?
http://oi59.tinypic.com/29bze51.jpg
that's how its laid out on my keyboard screen

It might update info to the keyboard differently than the monitor, as it needs to use utilize the keyboards software as well, just a simple precaution to get the best results possible with 0 interference from any other program was the only reason why I suggested it.

Also if you're using SLI make sure you monitor each gpu separately.

Xepton
11-15-2014, 02:04 PM
I have just tried this as per your advice in the thread I posted. In my case (GTX 680) my usage is varying wildly between 48% at the lowest point and 98% at the highest. It doesn't remain at a solid usage at any point. i had exactly the same issue with Watch_dogs, but could play Black Flag flawlessly at a solid 99% usage. Fecking game.

GTX 680 top
AMD 8350 black
Win 7 - sp1
Just updated to the latest (supposedly creed friendly driver) 344.65

silverfall1986
11-15-2014, 02:06 PM
I have just tried this as per your advice in the thread I posted. In my case (GTX 680) my usage is varying wildly between 48% at the lowest point and 98% at the highest. It doesn't remain at a solid usage at any point. i had exactly the same issue with Watch_dogs, but could play Black Flag flawlessly at a solid 99% usage. Fecking game.

Interesting, make sure you mention what driver you're using, OS you're using, all that.

Xepton
11-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Interesting, make sure you mention what driver you're using, OS you're using, all that.

added a few more details.

Kernel.Fender
11-15-2014, 02:12 PM

last night a mate of mine has gtx680 and he manage did get it up to 60 fps oc the card with msi afterburner we sorted the fan curve turned textures down to high, they are the real killer on any card FXAA selected vsync off we found worked the better but you will just have to fiddle about till you find what best suits your pc.
I turned all graphics down to high earlier for a comparison I have to say its hard to spot the real differences unless of course if you look real hard at it.

hope you sort it

shiny_hi
11-15-2014, 04:59 PM
I also have horrible frame rate, but I've also noticed some strange behavior in the game - when looking up (pretty much anywhere), so long as the horizon is out of view, my GPU usage spikes to 100% almost completely, CPU usage goes up significantly (by about 15-20%), and frame rates are in the 50-55 area. When looking at street level, I get about 50-60% GPU usage and sub-25 frame rates. I'm running on an i7-2600k (4.0GHz) and GTX690 (slight overclock as well).

silverfall1986
11-15-2014, 10:48 PM
I also have horrible frame rate, but I've also noticed some strange behavior in the game - when looking up (pretty much anywhere), so long as the horizon is out of view, my GPU usage spikes to 100% almost completely, CPU usage goes up significantly (by about 15-20%), and frame rates are in the 50-55 area. When looking at street level, I get about 50-60% GPU usage and sub-25 frame rates. I'm running on an i7-2600k (4.0GHz) and GTX690 (slight overclock as well).

Your gpu should be staying at 99% the entire time. It should not be dropping like that at all. This is a very big problem.

adi087
11-16-2014, 01:12 AM
Oh mates,
i gave SLI(2xgt755m) and my utilization is Variable on both card. All time is changing but CPU(all cores) utilization is const on 97%-100%. The fps is about 20-35(20- when utilization of GPU is low) But when i go to map the GPU is const on 98%-99%. Someting is wrong! Anybody know how to solve this?

dbgager
11-16-2014, 01:36 AM
I imagine this game puts a big load on the CPU since there are at times hundreds of NPCs on the screen at a time. You might want to check CPU utilization also to get a clearer picture of where bottlenecks exist.

adi087
11-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Oh mates,
im make mistake. When i go to map utilization of GPU is about 99%, but when i play is variable(50%-99%). CPU is const all time. Someting wrog with optimization of SLI.

shiny_hi
11-16-2014, 10:26 AM
I imagine this game puts a big load on the CPU since there are at times hundreds of NPCs on the screen at a time. You might want to check CPU utilization also to get a clearer picture of where bottlenecks exist.

This happens to me even when there are no NPCs on the screen at all (back alley, edge of map). The only thing I can think of is that there is a single CPU core that is running at 100% and blocking everything else, but I don't really have a way to verify that. Even if I did, I can't think of anything I'd be able to do with that info to fix the problem.

TheSaftschubse
11-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Usage hovers around 85% with my GTX660 2GB, latest drivers. Every 2 seconds, usage goes down to 40-50%, causing framedrops / hiccups, which makes it unplayable. This has to be fixed.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Usage hovers around 85% with my GTX660 2GB, latest drivers. Every 2 seconds, usage goes down to 40-50%, causing framedrops / hiccups, which makes it unplayable. This has to be fixed.

it is as I suspected then if you guys are having drops. The same thing happens with watch dogs.

They should not have released this game. Nobody's gpu should be dropping like this.

Thanks for the information guys. This decidedly has stopped me from buying this game. This is the exact same issue as watch dogs, so the engines from both games must be very similar, if not the same engine. This is unacceptable ubisoft.

If they cannot fix this problem they should be offering open refunds for anyone that wants one, if this is an engine issue it cannot be fixed with patches. Thus if they cannot fix the problem, they should be offering refunds for anyone that actually wants one.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 03:06 PM
how do i get to see the GPU load in rivatuner? i just see FPS...

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 03:09 PM
how do i get to see the GPU load in rivatuner? i just see FPS...

you don't activate it in rivatuner, open msi afterburner (while rivatuner is running) and go to settings in msi afterburner, then find the on screen display tab, from there you can decide what you want to see (gpu monitoring) on the screen as well as fps and other data if you want. It works in conjunction with rivatuner. Msi afterburner settings is what you want to go to, but it also needs rivatuner to work. You don't really have to do anything with rivatuner though, just make sure its running is all.

__________________________________________________ _____

On a completely unrelated note:

Also I just realized that the GPU optimization may not be the actual culprit here. The problem might actually be with the cpu and memory architecture that the engine was built around and how its sending data to the GPU. If the engine was designed purely for the consoles and the data cannot be sent to the GPU on PC due it having a slightly different architecture than PC does, then that might cause the gpu utilization to skydive badly if the information cannot get to the GPU. This isn't normal GPU bottleneck, this would directly be a problem with the engine the game was built on and the way it was designed to handle information. Now I am saying this knowing full-well that these new consoles are claimed to be more like PC's than the previous generation was, but honestly it seems like that was a load of fubar. Ubisofts engine pretty much proves that if this is true.

Also that doesn't mean every core on your cpu would or should be hitting max load 99% either. The new generation of consoles weakest feature are their cpu and how slow they are (2.1ghz or something ridiculously bad like that). All this means is that the way it handles information on consoles is very different than on PC and the data just simply cannot make it to the gpu because of this, thus the gpu drops to 50% utilization in certain situations. If true then this "bottleneck" is from this engine itself and also the watch dogs engine. It is not a hardware problem.

It's basically the same way DX12 sends information to the GPU from the CPU, which is very similar to how current consoles work believe it or not with their unified memory architecture, which is why they aren't going to see much performance gain when dx12 games come ou. This might also further explain why the gpu utilization sucks so badly in watch dogs and in this game on PC (because the engine is sending data poorly on PC version).

If true though, every single person on PC should have this gpu utilization dropping issue. (which is why I made the thread because everyone has this issue in watch dogs).

If this is all true then it means some people in this thread are lying about their gpu utilization staying at 99% which wouldn't be possible unless they're being dummies and looking at a unified sli/crossfire % which would say 99% if both gpu are at 50/49% (Which is why I said to monitor that number individually on each gpu on the monitor without interference from any other program).

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 03:46 PM
At the moment I'm not seeing any drops in GPU utilization, stays at 1080 (except for fade to black parts, in between cutscenes). Framerates usually stays above 35, haven't had stuttering or something like that, except for after I was messing around with the graphic options, restart fixed it (yesterday).

I think there is a problem with one of those "nvidia" specific settings (think it was the shadow one), while in menu and switching to it, framerate dropped to 1 or 2. Mind you, that drop was _in_ menu.. moved it back to the previous one and it went to 30/35+.

Then again, I'm using an AMD card, unlike many other out there (or so it seems).

Still in the beginning, in Versailles.

Configuration:

I7 4770K, 32 MB mem, MSI R9 290X 4GB Lightning, 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD. Latest AMD beta drivers, resolution: 2560*1440.

All of my graphic settings are set to "high" (or the second to best option available). Bloom on, vsync on, full screen, refresh rate 60. Patch 1.2.0.

Minor details update: using MSI Afterburner to monitor GPU usage/framerate ingame. According to MSI Afterburner, max videocard mem usage was 3943, currently 3598.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 03:56 PM
It stays at 1080? Are you monitoring your core clock speed on the gpu instead of the actual gpu? It shouldn't say 1080 lol unless thats the core clock speed, it should be a % number from 1-99%

you want to monitor the gpu usage itself, not the core clock speed or the memory clock speed. Sorry I probably should have mentioned that in the OP.

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 03:59 PM
It stays at 1080? Are you monitoring your core clock speed on the gpu instead of the actual gpu? It shouldn't say 1080 lol unless thats the core clock speed, it should be a % number from 1-99%

you want to monitor the gpu usage itself, not the core clock speed or the memory clock speed.

Hmm you are correct, I had turned on the GPU clock. Turned GPU usage on now ;)

TheSaftschubse
11-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Since you guys are relating to Watch Dogs: I bought Watch Dogs in August and didn't have a single Problem with it. Definitely didn't experience GPU Usage going down for a split of a second, causing framedrops / hiccups, like it does in ACU.

These Hiccups also seem an Nvidia-exclusive issue. A future driver update in combination with game updates might help as well.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Hmm you are correct, I had turned on the GPU clock. Turned GPU usage on now ;)

No problem.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Since you guys are relating to Watch Dogs: I bought Watch Dogs in August and didn't have a single Problem with it. Definitely didn't experience GPU Usage going down for a split of a second, causing framedrops / hiccups, like it does in ACU.

These Hiccups also seem an Nvidia-exclusive issue. A future driver update in combination with game updates might help as well.

That's a straight up 100% uninformed/misinformed post or a straight up 100% lie. The gpu utilization drops on AMD cards in watch dogs and it also drops nvidia cards with any of the past 3 driver releases. I tested it myself on a radeon 5970 and a 290X, and it does the same thing on my Nvidia gtx 980. 60-70% frequent drops in watch dogs on 980. Happens on both amd and nvidia because it is a problem with the engine itself. It's not a driver issue or some setting that is causing it. It is a direct problem with their games engine.

I studied it extensively. Now I don't know if its an exclusive problem with nvidia for ACU, but you can be damned 100% sure that it happens on both amd and nvidia cards in watch dogs.

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 04:09 PM
No problem.

Did have it on in the hardware monitor, just didn't have it in the OSD, so I turned it on there too. Did a small test running around, except for an occasional small drop to 98/99 it stays on 100% most of the time.

I've turned on "log history to file", 1000MB logfile. I'm guessing that's a bit easier than trying to keep an eye on the value while running around. I'll report back later.

TheSaftschubse
11-16-2014, 04:11 PM
That's a straight up 100% uninformed/misinformed post or a straight up 100% lie. The gpu utilization drops on AMD cards in watch dogs and it also drops nvidia cards with any of the past 3 driver releases. I tested it myself on a radeon 5970 and a 290X, and it does the same thing on my Nvidia gtx 980. 60-70% frequent drops in watch dogs on 980. Happens on both amd and nvidia because it is a problem with the engine itself. It's not a driver issue or some setting that is causing it. It is a direct problem with their games engine.

I studied it extensively. Now I don't know if its an exclusive problem with nvidia for ACU, but you can be damned 100% sure that it happens on both amd and nvidia cards in watch dogs.

Just tested it again. I drove around the city for a few minutes, not a single usage-drop. Actually runs pretty fine on high settings / 1080p. Not comparable to ACU's performance- at least on my System. That the issue only exists for nvida users was of course just a guess from what i've read in this forums.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Just tested it again. I drove around the city for a few minutes, not a single usage-drop. Actually runs pretty fine on high settings / 1080p. Not comparable to ACU's performance- at least on my System.

on what card and are you monitoring both gpu if using xfire?

TheSaftschubse
11-16-2014, 04:14 PM
on what card and are you monitoring both gpu if using xfire?

GTX 660. Monitoring with MSI afterburner.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:16 PM
GTX 660. Monitoring with MSI afterburner.

Not a chance your post is legit. I just played watch dogs this morning and it was dropping to 60-70% frequently when driving with a GTX 980.

It's possible your card is so weak that the engine cannot cpu bottleneck it with its console architecture, which might explain why you aren't getting drops.

TheSaftschubse
11-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Not a chance your post is legit. I just played watch dogs this morning and it was dropping to 60-70% frequently when driving with a GTX 980.

Well, on high settings with smaa, everythings fine. Totally legit bro. Why should i lie?
Take into consideration that your card is new and has a new architecture, while kepler is already 2 years old. Could be a driver issue.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Well, on high settings with smaa, everythings fine. Totally legit bro. Why should i lie?

Like I said its possible your card is weak enough that it simply isn't being bottlenecked by the games engine which might explain this if you're being truthful.

Try playing on ultra and then see if gpu % drops. It should stay at 99% even when it runs out of memory. That might not cause it to drop though if your card isn't strong enough to get bottlenecked by the games engine but it would be interesting to test.

TheSaftschubse
11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Like I said its possible your card is weak enough that it simply isn't being bottlenecked by the games engine which might explain this if you're being truthful.

Try playing on ultra and then see if gpu % drops. It should stay at 99% even when it runs out of memory.

Might be the case, but then it shouldn't drop in ACU as well.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Might be the case, but then it shouldn't drop in ACU as well.

You're getting drops in ACU, but not in watch dogs?

TheSaftschubse
11-16-2014, 04:26 PM
You're getting drops in ACU, but not in watch dogs?

Yeah.

Oakre
11-16-2014, 04:29 PM
gtc 660
Fx-6200 3.8
16gig ram,

with uplay off my stuttering goes down so I can actual fight but its still there, just had to shut down the game because of getting stuck mid air :/ there is no back to main menu option only quit to desktop, unless someone can point it our to me :D
**** this game screams bad console port thank god I didn't pay 50 for just the main game

With the gpu monitor thing my 660 jumps between 40% - 80/99% only hits the high % when I stand still looking at the sky, this is with graphics all low everything off, resolution 1280x1024 down from my native screen 1680x1050.

I know my graphic is under the minimum but still, its silly

this game is a pure and simple bad port and bad support of amd hardware, which is ironic haha.

Is there a similer tool for seeing CPU usage???

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah.

I really got no idea then. It should be dropping in watch dogs if it is in acu. Don't know whats going on with that at all.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 04:30 PM
gtc 660
Fx-6200 3.8
16gig ram,

with uplay off my stuttering goes down so I can actual fight but its still there, just had to shut down the game because of getting stuck mid air :/ ( this no go back to main menu option **** this game screams bad console port thank god I didn't pay 50 for just the main game)

With the gpu monitor thing my 660 jumps between 40% - 80/99% only hits the high % when I stand still looking at the sky, this is with graphics all low everything off, resolution 1280x1024 down from my native screen 1680x1050.

I know my graphic is under the minimum but still, its silly

this game is a pure and simple bad port and bad support of amd hardware, which is ironic haha.

Is there a similer tool for seeing CPU usage???

yeah you can monitor cpu usage, each individual core, and framerate and all of that with msi afterburner

Elise_Aron
11-16-2014, 05:21 PM
780ti a single usage seems at around 50%

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Ran around in Versaille for about 10 minutes, through streets, some kind of busy market place, climbed a tower, did a sync viewpoint. I did notice a couple of drops to 77%, and I think they were in the same street(s), but not entirely sure. Other than that, GPU usage was at 99/100 all the time.

I turned on all available stuff for logging purposes (cpu/gpu usage/temperature/mem usage/etc).

I uploaded my logfile here (apparently you need rivatuner to open it, Afterburner won't?):

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=55894706955299828383

Let me know what you think.

clarification: started the game, alt-tabbed, started logging through Afterburner, went back to game, ran around.

config/settings:

Configuration:

Asus Z97-Deluxe motherboard, I7 4770K, 32 MB mem, MSI R9 290X 4GB Lightning, 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD. Latest AMD beta drivers, resolution: 2560*1440.

All of my graphic settings are set to "high" (or the second to best option available).

Bloom on, vsync on, full screen, refresh rate 60. Patch 1.2.0.

Location: still in Versailles, so perhaps problems will popup in Paris.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Armedsauce - so what are you saying? that if it's an engine issue than no AMD or NVIDIA drivers can do anything to fix this?

i am using r9 280 and frame rates flactuate between 22 to 32 on normal areas of the game, but it changes according to the district im in. not according to how many NPCs are around or stuff like that. indoor areas are even more problematic than most outdoors. the southern part of paris is much smoother than the northern, and the island in the middle is the worst. nothing to do with on screen polygons.

but i also noticed how eagle vision yields much better FPS if its activated. wierd.

anyways, my gpu usage was usually on 99%. rarely dropped for a second to 90% and once, again - for a second or three, to 80%. nothing too often.

silverfall1986
11-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Armedsauce - so what are you saying? that if it's an engine issue than no AMD or NVIDIA drivers can do anything to fix this?

i am using r9 280 and frame rates flactuate between 22 to 32 on normal areas of the game, but it changes according to the district im in. not according to how many NPCs are around or stuff like that. indoor areas are even more problematic than most outdoors. the southern part of paris is much smoother than the northern, and the island in the middle is the worst. nothing to do with on screen polygons.

but i also noticed how eagle vision yields much better FPS if its activated. wierd.

anyways, my gpu usage was usually on 99%. rarely dropped for a second to 90% and once, again - for a second or three, to 80%. nothing too often.

It depends on which areas are the most cpu-intensive I think, and possibly how fast you are traveling through the game world in order for new assets to spawn in, which makes the issue worse. Just standing still in an area isn't entirely sufficient enough to make the gpu utilization drop.

For example: With watch dogs, this always occurs when driving and usually when turning quickly while sprinting. It can't load all the information to the gpu so utilization plummets (not actual cpu bottleneck, but bottleneck caused by the engine itself). So the drops might be worse or better depends on which area you are in and if you are traveling quickly or not in the game.

They haven't fixed the issue for watch dogs yet when the issue is obvious (I make it obvious on their forums and I sent this info to the devs already twice now), and my guess is that they can't fix it because its how their engine functions. It's probably also the same for ACU. I doubt they can actually fix the problem without completely rewriting parts of the engine.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
It depends on which areas are the most cpu-intensive I think, and possibly how fast you are traveling through the game world in order for new assets to spawn in, which makes the issue worse. Just standing still in an area isn't entirely sufficient enough to make the gpu utilization drop.

For example: With watch dogs, this always occurs when driving and usually when turning quickly while sprinting. It can't load all the information to the gpu so utilization plummets (not actual cpu bottleneck, but bottleneck caused by the engine itself). So the drops might be worse or better depends on which area you are in and if you are traveling quickly or not in the game.

They haven't fixed the issue for watch dogs yet when the issue is obvious (I make it obvious on their forums and I sent this info to the devs already twice now), and my guess is that they can't fix it because its how their engine functions. It's probably also the same for ACU. I doubt they can actually fix the problem without completely rewriting parts of the engine.

wow....

i guess we all hope you are wrong.

at least in WD i get good performance.... unlike ACU....

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 06:30 PM

It has been a while since I started with Watch_Dogs, and it definitely had problems. Had an HD6990 dual GPU card at the time, couldn't even launch/run it until someone here posted some settings that actually made it make it past the 3 spinning icons. After that, got the same hardware that I have now (see previous post) and it ran/runs perfectly for me, and many of the issues many reported I never saw. Especially the stuttering and such. Since I had no reason to, I didn't do the test I did (again, see previous post). So, I am wondering what exactly is causing those problems.

Meridius56
11-16-2014, 09:20 PM
R9 270X
8GB RAM
i5 4590

settings:
900p, high, HBAO+, FXAA

FPS:
22-30

CPU @60%, GPU @100% usage

tried 14.4 and 14.11.1 beta, same performance. Any tips on increasing performance? That constant 100% gpu usage is painful to look at.