PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Rogue - Hooded or not?

madigari
11-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Is Shay supposed to have a hood on his outfit like on the cover? Neither the Interim Coat or the Templar Uniform have hoods, yet Shay keeps making the motion to raise and lower his hood in restricted areas/cutscenes. Just wondering if there's an outfit later on that matches the cover, or if there is no hood on his storyline clothes past his Assassin days.

ZOMBIEKILLA434
11-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Is Shay supposed to have a hood on his outfit like on the cover? Neither the Interim Coat or the Templar Uniform have hoods, yet Shay keeps making the motion to raise and lower his hood in restricted areas/cutscenes. Just wondering if there's an outfit later on that matches the cover, or if there is no hood on his storyline clothes past his Assassin days.

Yea I feel you, I have finished the game already and have not found it. But the motion he does is not for putting his hood up but rather his collars. It sorta bothers me that they would put it on the cover of the game and not actually have it in game. sound to me like a bit of false advertisement. I have tried to ask a lot of others on reddit and stuff but with no luck. Shays templar outfit looks extra Badass with the hood, and it will actually give the feel of an assassin that has turned into a templar, not a generic templar. Also while we are on the topic, Uplay is not registering my rewards nor my actions in game. Like I bought the katana set, Jackdaw set and the Assassin killer costume and yet none of them are in game for me :(.

kataviumang
11-15-2014, 05:13 PM
None of the Templar outfits have hoods, but you can buy dark assassin/tracker outfits which look assassin and have hoods, as well as the parka one

ZOMBIEKILLA434
11-15-2014, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=kataviumang;10341834]None of the Templar outfits have hoods, but you can buy dark assassin/tracker outfits which look assassin and have hoods, as well as the parka one[/QU
Yea but if there aren't any templar outfits with hoods, then why put it on the cover of the game as well as the cinematic trailer? it just does not add up, unless Ubisoft is planning on releasing the hooded version of the templar robes for shay as a DLC for like $5 :nonchalance:

MakimotoJin
11-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Unfortunatly,templar outfits have no hoods in-game.Also,the animation he makes when entering a restricted area is to raise his collar thing.

killzab
11-15-2014, 11:18 PM
This infuriates me ... I want the ****ing outfit that is ON THE COVER !

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 11:20 PM
The hood on the cover is just there to let casual consumers recognize it's an AC game I imagine.

Shay is a templar. Best he doesn't have the hood.

killzab
11-15-2014, 11:26 PM
The hood on the cover is just there to let casual consumers recognize it's an AC game I imagine.

I don't care about story reasons ...

And since he's an Assassin turned Templar, he could keep the hood ... it'd make him "special"

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 11:28 PM
I would prefer he had no hood.

I like the idea of him having a popped collar that protects his neck from assassinations.

A shame Haytham didnt get one or he could have.... :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
11-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Yeah, it makes sense...

But at the same time, how badass would that outfit be if he had the hood?

I wish it was at least an option.

MakimotoJin
11-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Yeah, it makes sense...

But at the same time, how badass would that outfit be if he had the hood?

I wish it was at least an option.

Exactly what I think.There are assassin outfits to use,there should be a hooded Templar outfit as well.

ZOMBIEKILLA434
11-16-2014, 03:54 AM

But Shay is an ASSASSIN turned templar. I do understand your reasons for wanting to keep the hood out of it to fit the ideal templar image, however this might as well be labeled as false advertisement. Tbh I partially bought the game cuz the outfit on the cover and the cinematic trailer looked too badass to ignore, and yea I know it is a stupid reason but well :nonchalance:. Anyway Ubisoft should give you an option for those who want it and those who don't want it to choose from. This could potentially be the start of their redemption for the horrible mess they have made out of Unity this year for their fans.

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-16-2014, 04:02 AM
Also, don't forget that according to the Templar dress code, hoods of any kind are not allowed. Nor is the color grey. To wear either would risk being expelled from the Templar Order. Permanently.

GoldenBoy9999
11-16-2014, 04:05 AM
My Shay still has a hood. :rolleyes:

It is a good idea to allow Shay to have a hood on the cover to draw fans in but it is pretty misleading. I can just hear my casual videogame friends asking me already, how do you get the hood? I honestly don't care if he has it or not. I've already played enough of Shay with a hood for me to be happy.

DumbGamerTag94
11-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Also, don't forget that according to the Templar dress code, hoods of any kind are not allowed. Nor is the color grey. To wear either would risk being expelled from the Templar Order. Permanently.

Huh???

Hoods: Rodrigo Borgia, Silvio Barbarigo, François Germain, that other "L" guy from Unity, the guy from Revelations who was a former assassin, and a few others.

Grey: Charles Lee, Thomas Hickey, Emilio Barbarigo, Germain, and others

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Huh???

Hoods: Rodrigo Borgia, Silvio Barbarigo, François Germain, that other "L" guy from Unity, the guy from Revelations who was a former assassin, and a few others.

Grey: Charles Lee, Thomas Hickey, Emilio Barbarigo, Germain, and others

It is a joke. Actually it's in AC Rogue. Look in the messages section in the pause menu in the MD part and look at what it says for dress code. I about died laughing when I read it.

ZOMBIEKILLA434
11-16-2014, 04:17 AM

If that is the case, why showcase Shay with his templar outfit and a hood? People are gonna tell me to get through to new players that it is still an Assassins creed game, but honestly I doubt new players will be playing rogue. They have been marketing Unity FAR more than rogue and if new players are interested it will be in Unity. This is just another thing that Ubisoft did to piss fans off, first with Unity and now Rogue. The difference is that they can make all the players who want a hooded version of the robes happy with a simple patch, unless they are planning on selling the hooded version as a $5 DLC which in that case is a new low, even for them.

DumbGamerTag94
11-16-2014, 04:18 AM
It is a joke. Actually it's in AC Rogue. Look in the messages section in the pause menu in the MD part and look at what it says for dress code. I about died laughing when I read it.

Huh. That's odd haha especially given the list I just gave off the top of my head.

I'm guessing that's something that's never really been enforced....or it's part of the original Templar dress code pre-Jacques de Moley. Cuz in the Moley scene in Unity nobody(Templar wise) is wearing hoods or wearing grey. And neither are they in AC1

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-16-2014, 04:24 AM
I just think it's meant for Abstergo Industries/Entertainment with all the infiltrations they've had lately by the Assassins that they're really paranoid if they see someone wearing a hood especially if it's grey. LOL.

Sephiroith
11-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Shay is still an assassin, just for the other team, so why not a hood as shown on the cover? I agree with everyone else...if it is a DLC then I for one will buy it. If it is a crafting item then please someone at ubisoft leak footage of game play with it....Then sit back and watch all of us play the **** out of Rogue to find it.

ZOMBIEKILLA434
11-19-2014, 02:14 AM
Shay is still an assassin, just for the other team, so why not a hood as shown on the cover? I agree with everyone else...if it is a DLC then I for one will buy it. If it is a crafting item then please someone at ubisoft leak footage of game play with it....Then sit back and watch all of us play the **** out of Rogue to find it.

Yea I think it might be a secret item. Just like how the templar robes for Shay could not be viewed until it was unlocked by joining the templar order. Like I said in my previous posts, the DLC idea is the most probable, since when in the main menu of the game we have an empty spot with the assassin logo. But it will only be reasonable imo if they charge like $0.99 for it or $1.99. But in all honesty ppl at Ubisoft are probably laughing their asses off at how much money they made from the broken Unity to even consider the population of fans who want this to be in Rogue :/.

ZOMBIEKILLA434
11-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Yea guys case closed its not in the game. I contacted Ubisoft with a ticket recently and one of their staff responded with this:

"The exact outfit shown on the cover is not in the game. The only armor that represents the cover art shown is Shay's default Templar armor you receive once Shay starts to become Templar. You will notice after Becoming a Templar Shay no longer uses a hood and when entering restricted areas he will lift the collar of his coat instead of putting on a hood. The art shown on the cover is likely to depict the Struggle Shay will have as he leaves the Assassin's to join the Templars."

MakimotoJin
11-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Well I understand it's supposed to mean that,but didn't the people from Ubisoft think:"hey,that looks cool,let's add that to the game as a optional outfit in case people think the same way I do"

Ookami2016
06-23-2016, 10:40 PM
Even with that code why does Shay has a hooded templar outfit in the trailer?
(And one more question does Uplay see these coments? Because if not, this won't change anything)

Yea I think it might be a secret item. Just like how the templar robes for Shay could not be viewed until it was unlocked by joining the templar order. Like I said in my previous posts, the DLC idea is the most probable, since when in the main menu of the game we have an empty spot with the assassin logo. But it will only be reasonable imo if they charge like $0.99 for it or $1.99. But in all honesty ppl at Ubisoft are probably laughing their asses off at how much money they made from the broken Unity to even consider the population of fans who want this to be in Rogue :/.
I've been searching in the site of acinitiates and i think that in the rewards there is one that is the HOODED TEMPLAR OUTFIT! I'm not 100% correct, but i think is there we're you get that outifit :D

Ureh
06-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Even with that code why does Shay has a hooded templar outfit in the trailer?
(And one more question does Uplay see these coments? Because if not, this won't change anything)

Well in the AC1 trailer Altair has a crossbow but you never see it in the game. In the ACB trailer Ezio has two of those fancy eagle-vambraces, but in the game only one. Also it's possible to obtain that cool eagle-wing pauldron, I think. In ACR, Ezio has a cape and backpack but they weren't included in the game either.

A hooded templar outfit would be pretty nice but it's not the first time that something in the trailer doesn't show up in the actual game.

Wasay2424
02-27-2018, 05:27 AM
I know in the trailer shay had a hood with the templar outfit. my friend said that it might've been a mistake to not include the hood.