PDA

View Full Version : One is Supposed to Play Unity BEFORE Rogue? Is that correct?

Yoshack Fyre84
11-15-2014, 10:22 AM
I heard a rumour from a Gamestop employee that the Assassin's Creed franchise is over and that Rogue closes it all down. I believe we're supposed to play Unity first, and then go play Rogue. But with all the problems facing Unity right now I think it might be easier to just go play Rogue and then come back to Unity when everything is working properly, but I don't want to play the games out of sync. I assume since Unity's ORIGINAL launch date was October 26th and Rogue was November 11th that Unity should be played first. But does it ACTUALLY matter. I doubt anyone has completed BOTH games already but the most hardcore of the hardcore just doing story quests only and skipping everything else, and the chance they'd read this topic would be doubtful, but just in case.......Does anyone know if it matters what order you play Unity and Rogue in? Would playing Rogue spoil anything in Unity? Also, anyone who may have played Rogue, does it have "Modern Era" segments like all the others did?

Aphex_Tim
11-15-2014, 10:27 AM
The series won't end here but Rogue ties up the AC3/AC4 story arc.
I haven't finished Unity yet and haven't played Rogue but I don't think these two are connected in any way so it won't really matter which one you'll play first.

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, don't believe the word of a GameStop employee. As for playing Unity before Rogue, it's the other way around. Rogue is set roughly 35 years before Unity and is meant to bridge the gap between Black Flag(and to an extent it's Freedom Cry DLC that's set 15 years after BF ends) and AC3. So if anything the playing order should be: Black Flag > Freedom Cry DLC > Rogue > AC3> Unity.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Very interesting. I doubted that they would end AC when it's such a huge moneymaker with a gigantic fanbase across all platforms. And despite their flaws, Ubisoft has been AMAZING to the AC fans by giving us a new game EVERY YEAR. Getting two games this year, I don't know if we can expect a new one next year or will have to wait longer for the first time, but a little time will tell I'm sure. I guess I'll keep sticking with Unity first since that's what I started with. I really know nothing about Rogue, but would have assumed we should have played the 360 version before the One version, but the release dates contradicted that originally. I feel like after playing Unity on One that Rogue is going to look something awful. I played Black Flag on the One, waiting a month while everyone on the 360 was enjoying it sucked, but I believe it was worth it, otherwise I would have had an Xbox One with no good games to play for it. Ryse Son of Rome was cool, but so so so short.

Legendz54
11-15-2014, 11:21 AM
I have played Unity and seen Rogues ending.... they are VERY connected... I would recommend playing Unity then Rogue.

RinoTheBouncer
11-15-2014, 12:17 PM
I played Rogue before Unity and that’s how it felt right to me in terms of story and gameplay. Rogue is more in the style of the games before it, while Unity is kind of different in terms of story, gameplay and mechanics. Rogue and Unity aren’t even that connected, except for the ending, which places Unity right after the end of Rogue.