PDA

View Full Version : Where are the tuner cars!?!?!?!?

XJ80
11-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Where are the tuner cars, specifically Japanese cars??? There is a MASSIVE lack of them in the game. You only have 2 the 370Z and the R34 Skyline(which is LHD WTF??) and then the R35 GTR which is actually a supercar. This is in all honesty A JOKE!!!! With all the customization in this game and where your core fan base is coming from(NFS Underground and the original Most Wanted) you guys are going to be shooting yourself in the foot. No Nissan S13-15's, Supra Mk III or IV, Datsun S30's(240z-280z), any variation of the RX-7. I understand licensing issues, but you guys need to get on the Tuners.

Xane48
11-15-2014, 07:01 AM
How do you know where the core fan base is coming from?

Rattenschnitzel
11-15-2014, 10:16 AM
To all of you guys out there - I can only say one thing about something like this:
Can't we wait until the game is out and we really know the whole carlist :confused: :p

BA1969
11-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Core base who knows? I'd guess the core base is way closer to test drive unlimited / fuel / horizon players then to NFS players..... but that's just a wild guess. I'm not a tuner, I like to customize a little, but not extensively.

I'm also fed up with seeing the same cars over and over again in games. All I want is some new cars, fresh cars, not the same old I've been driving around for ages. Don't give me a McLaren 12c.... every modern game has is.... give me a 650s instead. F1 is cool, but I've driven it so often.... give me the M6GT instead. I don't want the old Lamborgini's, give me the new ones instead. Don't give me the same old Japanese tuners every game has.... pick some different models instead. Dare to be different for once.

joocyfroot
11-15-2014, 11:50 AM
This game is heavily influenced by TDU.

TDU series was heavily focused on supercars, luxury sport cars, and american muscle usually with mainstream euro and american cars to round it out. I wouldn't expect many asian market tuners personally, however I'm not against this or anything. Just trying to give some background to set expectations.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Thank You for your feedback

Richterjdm
11-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Yeah, id expect at least toyota, subaru, mitsubishi, and mazda. Hoping for honda aswell, no playstation car game in history has honda/heavy import selection other than gran turismo, if this game has nothing but 370 and r34 im not buying it, if i find out theres more tuners okay i will buy it, if i gotta buy it to find out and theres no imports im refunding my game. :) jdm 4 lifeee

joocyfroot
11-15-2014, 04:21 PM
@Ritcher

Honda probably won't happen. Word on teh street is that Honda doesn't want they're cars to be in games where you run form teh cops while using a Honda.

This is mostly speculation but is backed up by years of evidence in games where there are cop chases.

LMB.Cozzy
11-15-2014, 07:10 PM
I would love to see a few mainstream Japanese street cars.

Mnementh21
11-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Ubi/Ivory tower I can understand the ideology behind mainly Muscle and Exotic. However 3 (max of 5 due to Mazda license?? which have not been mentioned if just for track or some cars to) tuners/Jap Imports is stretching a little thin when compare to Muscle and Exotic (these in TDU made sense due to the pop culture in Hawaii) in greater America though more are needed. I hope you have been looking into licensing Toyota/Mitsu cars from the initial Beta where it was requested. However you already have a good relationship with Nissan so there is more avenues to get licensing from them. People have been asking for 240sx/S13 but these are in most games. Change it up a bit put in some other Nissans/Datsuns that aren't in many games (180sx, 300Z (early 90s) Juke (turbo/R) Second Generation Skyline GTR (Kenmeri Skyline) and a Nissan Navara (for those who want a UTE). If you do have a Mazda car license I hope its for the MX5 and RX7 not a fan of RX8.

cargamingblog
11-17-2014, 10:07 PM
This game is heavily influenced by TDU.

TDU series was heavily focused on supercars, luxury sport cars, and american muscle usually with mainstream euro and american cars to round it out. I wouldn't expect many asian market tuners personally, however I'm not against this or anything. Just trying to give some background to set expectations.

Yeah that's how I see the game. Hoping to see more Japanese cars but I'm not holding my breath.

XJ80
11-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Apologies for the late reply back. When I was saying "core" group of players, I was talking about the amount of customization that are in most NFS games Underground 1&2, Most Wanted and the then the online open world of NFS: World which this game will most definitely attract. I myself am not a super huge import fan. I WILL HAVE EVERY Mustang in the game. But I do enjoy the classics like the Datsun 240-280Z, the R32 and R33 Skylines, C10's(The Holy Grail of Nissan), S14's, MkIII Supras, and all of the WRX's. Now, while we do not have an official car list, the lists that we do have are very unbalanced when it comes to Japanese cars, which are a HUGE part of car culture here in the United States as well as other countries around the world. I'm not saying that they need to add 30 Japanese cars but they do need to add some to balance it out. While the game looks great with all the content that they have, the main attraction here is the CARS!! How are you going to have an underground racing club without any "tuner" cars?? It just doesnt make sense. And on top of that paying $90 U.S. for the game w/ Season Pass after tax's we need more cars. The game will be much more successful if you add some of these "tuner" cars to the roster. Just my opinion guys.

rsandersr47
11-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Apologies for the late reply back. When I was saying "core" group of players, I was talking about the amount of customization that are in most NFS games Underground 1&2, Most Wanted and the then the online open world of NFS: World which this game will most definitely attract. I myself am not a super huge import fan. I WILL HAVE EVERY Mustang in the game. But I do enjoy the classics like the Datsun 240-280Z, the R32 and R33 Skylines, C10's(The Holy Grail of Nissan), S14's, MkIII Supras, and all of the WRX's. Now, while we do not have an official car list, the lists that we do have are very unbalanced when it comes to Japanese cars, which are a HUGE part of car culture here in the United States as well as other countries around the world. I'm not saying that they need to add 30 Japanese cars but they do need to add some to balance it out. While the game looks great with all the content that they have, the main attraction here is the CARS!! How are you going to have an underground racing club without any "tuner" cars?? It just doesnt make sense. And on top of that paying $90 U.S. for the game w/ Season Pass after tax's we need more cars. The game will be much more successful if you add some of these "tuner" cars to the roster. Just my opinion guys.

i agree, I am tired of everyone saying that the core group of people looking forward to this game are TDU players as I have never played TDU. I was all about the NFS Underground series as well, and i believe it is just as likely there are more of those fans here, and the recent poll I made showed that more people wanted tuners than any other car type. We decided there will likely be a lot of skylines driving around until more tuners are added!

MikaxTomika
11-25-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm not expecting much in the way of Japanese/tuner cars at launch. After all they did say in an interview that at launch there will only be 120 cars but thats including all the different specs for each car, don't know how many stock cars in total. Which don't get me wrong is quite a bit but most of it will consist of super and muscle cars. I do hope somewhere down the line they do add more imports. Even though unfortunately it will probably only be through purchasable DLC at like Ģ1 something per car, however, I can understand that they need money to keep the game going. But, what drew me to this game was the fact that some of the people who worked on NFS are now working on this game, from what i've heard anyways. So i was hoping to see a bit more JDMs in the mix at launch, but, we'll have to wait and see we never know we might get a surprise. :p

But I do enjoy the classics like the Datsun 240-280Z, the R32 and R33 Skylines, C10's(The Holy Grail of Nissan), S14's, MkIII Supras, and all of the WRX's.

You read my mind exactly, ESPECIALLY a Datsun 240-280z with some decent customization options. Would also love to see the Toyota Celica GT RA28 make an appearance too. Not getting my hopes up though.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-v6W_RTdN5zY/UqvetVayqpI/AAAAAAAAAe4/ib8LhK-rNv8/s1600/rolling+classics+1972+datsun+240z+s30+fairladyz+ho uston+sanford+orlando+texas+florida+photographer-15.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d4/97/aa/d497aa90577d61a1f52ba0326c388ed6.jpg

Hairy-Pickle
11-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Won't see any, this game's just to attract 10 year olds with exotic sportscars. It has a few muscle cars in it to appeal to the patriotic yankees who probably will buy it too because you can drive around the U.S. 'Murica, **** yeah..... :rolleyes:

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Won't see any, this game's just to attract 10 year olds with exotic sportscars. It has a few muscle cars in it to appeal to the patriotic yankees who probably will buy it too because you can drive around the U.S. 'Murica, **** yeah..... :rolleyes:

you're very angry about something aren't you?
Mind telling me what that is?

Rattenschnitzel
11-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Pissed of because The Crew is not a proper NFS Underground Sequel, i'd quess :p

rsandersr47
11-26-2014, 05:52 AM
Pissed of because The Crew is not a proper NFS Underground Sequel, i'd quess :p

I love this game, already pre ordered and plan to get season pass if i feel its worth it after playing for a few weeks.. but i do wish all car types were represented well.. esp. Common cars like tuners.. it would be interesting to have bikes in game too!!! It is not a big problem for me but a bit of a dissapointment..

Rattenschnitzel
11-26-2014, 04:56 PM
That one wasn't meant for you but for Muvka- because Natchai_Ubisoft was right in his last posting. His postings the last days were nothing but complaining about what The Crew is doing wrong compared to Underground.

Sure i would like to see some Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and stuff, too but complaining like this because of less tuners and more muscles and exotics in this style is not the proper way.

rsandersr47
11-26-2014, 09:58 PM
That one wasn't meant for you but for Muvka- because Natchai_Ubisoft was right in his last posting. His postings the last days were nothing but complaining about what The Crew is doing wrong compared to Underground.

Sure i would like to see some Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and stuff, too but complaining like this because of less tuners and more muscles and exotics in this style is not the proper way.

O yea i know.. i just felt like adding that bit.. there are people complaining about everything.. u cant please them all but this company is trying their best! Best way to get the game we want is to show them we support what they are doing and voice our wants in a mature fashion.. personaly i think with as many people wanting these cars i would be suprised if there are not a few added eventually

XJ80
11-27-2014, 02:50 AM
O yea i know.. i just felt like adding that bit.. there are people complaining about everything.. u cant please them all but this company is trying their best! Best way to get the game we want is to show them we support what they are doing and voice our wants in a mature fashion.. personaly i think with as many people wanting these cars i would be suprised if there are not a few added eventually

I completely agree. I got to play both PC betas and loved it from the start. I'm not really complaining, just making an observation really. Like I said in a previous reply, I definitely wouldn't expect them to put 30 Japanese cars in, but at least balance it a bit more if possible.

Hairy-Pickle
11-28-2014, 03:41 PM
you're very angry about something aren't you?
Mind telling me what that is?

I'm angry because I had high hopes for this game. After playing the beta I even made a long long pros and cons thingy and explained what was wrong with this game and where it seemed to be going. Apparently I was correct all along, only cars being added are exotic supercars. Occasionally a couple of muscle cars too. Ubisoft doesn't listen, as always. It's not about me, at all. It's the fact that there are more people in these forums wanting SOMETHING OTHER THAN STUPID SUPERCARS. And yet there seems to be more of those coming up...

Okay, in short. This is supposed to be a tuning game, right? I'm pissed because Ubisoft keeps adding ****ing supercars which have no potential tuning to be done except for some god damn paint jobs and new rims with alongside with some other few cosmetical things. Have you seen a fully tuned supercar? It lookes RIDICULOUS. Even with a full bodykit it looks ridiculous. Currently this is just a NFS with big open map, technically NFS world that isn't free to play and has a bigger map.

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-28-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't understand where you get this notion that we're only releasing supercars? Because we're not... You want more tuner cars, there are a lot of people that want more tuner cars, we know that. There's no reason to be so upset about it however, not everyone wants tuner cars.

Darius0117
12-02-2014, 04:49 AM
I don't understand where you get this notion that we're only releasing supercars? Because we're not... You want more tuner cars, there are a lot of people that want more tuner cars, we know that. There's no reason to be so upset about it however, not everyone wants tuner cars.

So from what you're saying I have to assume that we can say bye bye to our wishes of having more Japanese cars ? And not everyone wants super cars mate.

Thanks for adding loads of USA Boats and loads of super cars like every other game out there !

Darius0117
12-02-2014, 04:57 AM
So i assume this was some false advertising/misleading images as there is no Nissan GT-R in The Crew. Thanks a million developers !

http://img.turboduck.net/games/2014/the-crew/thecrew-gameplay-premiere-smallprint.png

Red-flag-22
12-03-2014, 12:17 AM

Seriously ? There are 2!!! Japan cars. Now how many super car is that ? Dont know exact number, but I guess the number is about 20. Maybe even more. Where is the balance ? For 1 Japan car there is 10 Supercars. Thatīs ridiculous..

Kogey
12-03-2014, 12:47 AM

Okay sorry, it's:

2% tuner
8% trucks
45% muscle
45% exotic

sweet game

C00LACID
12-03-2014, 12:56 AM

Well, not everyone wants muscle cars, yet there are plenty of them there. Why? Because its about diversity, about attracting a lot of people. Having excluded almost the whole JDM part is pretty stupid. (In terms of sales and marketing - if not someone planed to release them later on for hard cash...)

vitessex
12-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Let's drift super cars :/

ashanator
12-03-2014, 07:34 AM

I think it's quite clear from the forums that people definitely do not want 50% Muscle cars and 50% Exotics either

No idea what went on in the developers idea room to think everyone wants to drive a Mustang, then a Camaro, then a Dodge

No diversity, and the upcoming DLC's don't seem to add much more diversity either

DIEATHY3CZ0W
12-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Okay so i too was sad they are missing Tuner cars. They should have at least included: Mitsubishi Evolution and Subaru STI because as we all know those are the "iconic" cars. To start off they should have the new Generations then later add the older models. Unless they somehow planned on adding Japan as an DLC to include the missing import cars.

But over all i myself am enjoying the game to its fullest. Its a really good game. haven't bought a racing game in a long time. But as for as request go. to improve the customization they should start with having the ability that all cars should have every tuning option unlocked. i do also hope more city come into play :)

quarkscrew83
12-04-2014, 04:18 AM
We all know hondas cant run from the popo lol :cool: