PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers! I feel this is important to the story!!

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Okay, I've been playing the Assassin's Creed series since the day it first came out. So I'm an avid fan, enjoying all of them (yes, even ACIII).

Now I have only come to the forums once before, I believe that this should be said, it's been bothering me soo damn much lately.

The ending to Unity, Elise's death. It was completely unnecessary. It was really sad. I knew going into the last mission that she was either going to get really hurt, or die. I really love this character!! She's cute, strong, awesome overall, and apart of Arno. You guys have killed off Ezio's family, Connors mother, Altiar's wife, and Edwards companion: Kidd.
I'm begging you guys to bring back Elise in some DLC where she faked her death or something. JUST SOMETHING! PLEASE BRING HER BACK! I hate playing this game now knowing she's not in this world. I swear if you guys could bring her back I would buy that damn DLC even if it was the price of the full game. This needs to happen! This is the saddest death I've seen since Ezio's long time girlfriend, Cristina.

Again, I beg you guys to do something where we can at least be with her in any way.

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 04:27 AM
Elise was a far better protagonist than Arno.

It was stupid to kill her.

She should have become the Grandmaster.

Hell, it was dumb to regulate her to being Arno's love interest versus a bigger character in terms of the Templar vs. Assassin idealogy.

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Elise had potential.

The writers dun goof'd.

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 04:33 AM
It reminds me a bit of Watch_Dogs and Aiden Pierce. Someone at Ubisoft has a big love for generic brown-haired protagonists motivated by ANGGGGGGST like the deaths of their girlfriends/female relatives.

Ezio was shocking in his own way because it was his MALE relatives who died.

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 04:34 AM
It reminds me a bit of Watch_Dogs and Aiden Pierce. Someone at Ubisoft has a big love for generic brown-haired protagonists motivated by ANGGGGGGST like the deaths of their girlfriends/female relatives.

Ezio was shocking in his own way because it was his MALE relatives who died.

pretty sure the sex of the lost loved ones has nothing to do with impact of the death

it's about the presentation and previously established characterization

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 04:34 AM
Both of you are right.
I know it's a huge stretch. Do you think that she should have faked her death in DLC and just shows up, or we have to save her or we run into her...SOMETHING?! I really have never felt like **** before playing a game when the person I liked the most DIED.

Even in one of the letters she writes to him, "Always be Arno and Elise".
WHY CAN'T THIS BE THE ENDING?!? IT'S BETTER!!!!!

I would pay another $65 to get another version of the game just with a different and satisfying ending!!

Hood2theBurbs
11-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Meh, her death seemed rather fitting in my opinion. She made it clear that vengeance mattered more to her than her own life, mattered more to her than Arno as well it seems. That obsession cost her, her life; had she stayed back and helped Arno out of the rubble she would have lived and that's the whole point.

DavisP92
11-15-2014, 04:36 AM
lol they make you catch feelings quick. But yea Elisa was cool, would have liked to see her become grandmaster and the truce to continue because Arno and her. Although I guess arno wasn't an assassin at that point either so. They just left a lot of parts out in the story

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 04:41 AM
It's still unacceptable. It ruined it for me. I'm sure some others as well.
It just steers me off the direction to not want to buy future Assassins' creed games.

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 04:41 AM
pretty sure the sex of the lost loved ones has nothing to do with impact of the death

it's about the presentation and previously established characterization

The sex doesn't impact Ezio differently.

It impacts the viewers differently, though, because I've seen thousands of dead girlfriends, lovers, and even mothers.

Dads and brothers less so.

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 04:45 AM
Both of you are right.
I know it's a huge stretch. Do you think that she should have faked her death in DLC and just shows up, or we have to save her or we run into her...SOMETHING?! I really have never felt like **** before playing a game when the person I liked the most DIED.

Even in one of the letters she writes to him, "Always be Arno and Elise".
WHY CAN'T THIS BE THE ENDING?!? IT'S BETTER!!!!!

The thing is, I think their love story was doomed forever because Maria Thorpe and Elise are not the same person. Maria gets dumped on by the Templars and defects to the Assassins.

Elise has no desire to become an Assassin.

And the truce would not have held.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 04:49 AM
Literally any other ending that involves her staying alive would have made this one of the better AC games I've played (trying to ignore the never-ending list of bugs and glitches).

ace3001
11-15-2014, 05:07 AM
When Elise left Arno and ran after Germain, I knew what was going to happen. I really liked Elise, but the stupid way she was killed didn't even give me any kind of emotional impact.
Guess they were trying to OH MY GOD SO MATURE!!!11!one! with it and ended up ruining things badly.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 05:23 AM
Yep. I can only hope that they can reverse this. It's bull **** at best.

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 05:43 AM
When Elise left Arno and ran after Germain, I knew what was going to happen. I really liked Elise, but the stupid way she was killed didn't even give me any kind of emotional impact.
Guess they were trying to OH MY GOD SO MATURE!!!11!one! with it and ended up ruining things badly.

Killing the love-interest is about the laziest way they could have resolved this, IMHO.

How about Elise turns on Arno?

Or they part ways because she chooses the Templars over Schmoopy Love?

Layytez
11-15-2014, 05:58 AM
She was completely stupid. "Oh look he has a sword that shoots lighting. Let me go after him". Fool.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 06:06 AM
She was completely stupid. "Oh look he has a sword that shoots lighting. Let me go after him". Fool.

The writers are stupid for writing that she's supposed to do that.

Killing the love-interest is about the laziest way they could have resolved this, IMHO.

How about Elise turns on Arno?

Or they part ways because she chooses the Templars over Schmoopy Love?

They should of kept their relationship a secret. Or just make it clear that they're not to be messed with. It would of been nearly as bad if they parted ways. They grew up together...it's special.

VestigialLlama4
11-15-2014, 08:24 AM
The game is really Elise's story. Arno's problems are her problems and ideally she should have been the main character and Arno should be the one who gets himself killed.

chainedpop
11-15-2014, 08:27 AM
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-change-the-ending-to-ac-unity?just_created=true
If you want Elise to come back, sign this petition. Share it with people who also share the same opinion. Please get this noticed.

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 01:31 PM
They should of kept their relationship a secret. Or just make it clear that they're not to be messed with. It would of been nearly as bad if they parted ways. They grew up together...it's special.

Yeah, but the Templars and Assassins are eternal enemies. They'd both have to leave their groups.

That's part of the groups flaws.

They don't CARE about people anymore.

Frankly, I don't think it could ever end well.