PDA

View Full Version : My 14/11 Patch experience. Geforce 760, i7.

Flobby99
11-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Hey guys

I know there are millions of threads with individual hardware problems, but I just wanted to report my experience with today's patch.

My setup:
i7-4700K 3.5ghz
8.00 GB RAM
nvidia GeForce 760
Windows 7

Before today's patch, I had some severe hiccuping when panning the camera in any direction while outdoors. Changing various options in the Graphics Menu had little effect, and I found the game to be pretty unplayable as a result.

With today's patch, the camera panning seems a lot smoother, and I have managed to maintain around 30fps when standing still in the street. However, whenever I begin to run in any particular direction, NPCs in the crowd pop-in with alarming regularity, switching costume, and sometimes up and disappearing. A friend of mine with a similar setup found that setting the graphics presets to Ultra actually improved her performance. I tried this and found the stuttering was limited, but still present.

This leads me to believe the majority of the stuttering problems I am still getting are connected to the LOD (level of detail) switching in the crowds. Even a very large crowd that remains stationary runs just fine, but the moment things have to load-in and load-out, things hiccup pretty consistently. I guess this might be a memory problem on my end, but just in-case this is a patchable thing, I wanted to report it, and see if anyone with a similar setup is seeing the same thing.

dbgager
11-15-2014, 03:47 AM
DO you have the 344.65 drivers installed if so thats your problem as far as stutter is concerned. I went back to the 344.48 drivers and my stuttering that was happening every 5 seconds or so completelly disapeared..plus I got at least 5 more FPS.

Flobby99
11-15-2014, 04:03 AM
DO you have the 344.65 drivers installed if so thats your problem as far as stutter is concerned. I went back to the 344.48 drivers and my stuttering that was happening every 5 seconds or so completelly disapeared..plus I got at least 5 more FPS.

Going to try rolling back next. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

UPDATE: Well I tried rolling back the driver to 344.48. I can't report much of a difference. I am still experiencing the erratic pop-in, and the stuttering connected to it. I really wish I could disable some of the clothing and hair physics, (similar to what was possible in Black Flag) but I guess the new engine is more reliant on them. Thanks again for the tip anyway.

All.Names.Taken
11-15-2014, 05:25 AM
QFT

I haven't downgraded back yet, but yesterday I was at 344.48 and playing fine, "Very High" settings (all default values), and had no stuttering/lag-spikes. Upgraded (you know, because they are a few weeks newer and supposedly "ACU Ready"), and my performance plummeted.

TheSaftschubse
11-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Same problem here (GTX660, i5 3570, 12GB RAM). Experiencing some serious hiccups, while the framerate is generally fine. Ubisoft, please fix this! Its unplayable with these lag spikes.