PDA

View Full Version : What really frustrates me...

Jet_Pilot_Joe
11-15-2014, 03:41 AM
With any game release, it's expected that people are going to find bugs in the game. Yes, I get it. However, what really grinds my gears is that with a 780Ti SLI that I can't maintain a solid 60fps frame rate. Yes, I have a 3440x1440 monitor and I'm not expecting with just 3GB of VRAM to be able to set the environmental quality to Ultra, but I shouldn't have to drop the settings to low in order to maintain what is still a very poor frame rate.

The fact that the AI are popping - doesn't bother me.

The fact that draw distances are poor - doesn't bother me.

The fact that even I can't have the settings at ultra - doesn't bother me.

The simple fact that I paid 28 for a retail game and can't even run 60fps with nearly 1,000 worth of graphics cards just frustrates me. I can't enjoy my gaming experience whilst getting massive frame drops because I find my self more annoyed at the frame count rather than focusing on the storyline of the game.

It's great that you're working around the clock to fix these issues, and I that you're keeping your customers updated by what's a quick patch and letting people know what you're working on, but I can't help feel that the basic 60fps issue is something that should have been addressed before the game was even released.

For those of you who are interested, here are my PC specifications:

Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5GHz
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (x4 8GB Sticks)
x2 NVIDIA EVGA GTX 780 Ti SuperClocked Edition (SLI)
GIGABYTE Z87 U3DH
x2 256GB Samsung 840 Pro (Raid 0)
Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive
Corsair AX860i Platinum Certified
Corsair H100i (with x4 push-pull Corsair AF120 quiet edition fans)
Corsair M95 Gaming Mouse
Corsair K95 Gaming Keyboard
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
LG 34UM95-P 34" 21:9 Ultra-wide Monitor

/rant.

strigoi1958
11-15-2014, 03:44 AM
It might be the SLI... I have seen people on the geforce forum complaining to Nvidia why should they pay for 2 gpu's when games have SLI problems..and they have to disable 1 card

Jet_Pilot_Joe
11-15-2014, 03:47 AM
It might be the SLI... I have seen people on the geforce forum complaining to Nvidia why should they pay for 2 gpu's when games have SLI problems..and they have to disable 1 card
Thanks for the suggestion but I've attempted this. I went from an averaging 45/55 fps when running SLU to below 30fps - so the SLI is certainly working. It's just poor game optimization on Ubisoft's.

naumaan
11-15-2014, 04:58 AM
if they optimized the game for the mentioned requirements set ... i think i would have a chance of playing the game better .. but anyways ..