PDA

View Full Version : "Club Competition" unlocks

H_M_V
11-15-2014, 02:50 AM
Can someone explain to me what's the reasoning behind gating the vast majority of high quality unlocks in the game behind an online only segment?

Why am I not allowed to use those items if I'm not willing to socialize with other people in my single player game? Shouldn't the co-op and social aspects be enough of a reward for those that are into that kind of things, without taking stuff away from me? Especially when all that locked content is clearly displayed for me to covet and drool over. Lick the window boy, you ain't getting any candy today.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that people like to play with others. I play Dota, CS and a host of multiplayer only games on a daily basis. And that's precisely the reason why I'm not interested in inviting people to my revolutionary Paris. This is one of the few games I enjoy playing alone. And I'd like it to stay that way.

You can get away without those extra unlocks, you might say. Obviously. One could probably skip all of the upgradable gear and finish the game just fine. But that's not the point. The customisation system is presented as a big selling point of the game. And I'm not allowed to use it's full spectrum, because apparently ACU is no longer a single player game.

Ubisoft, can I have my Medieval Cowl? Pretty please?

Tanyn
11-15-2014, 03:57 AM
The best part? Even if you WANTED to play Club Competition, and get all that gear ... you can't. Because Ubisoft brilliantly decided to lock all of that gear behind this feature ... and then leave the feature itself out of the game ... In my opinion, nothing says "Screw you guys", like this specific brain-dead decision does.

Dark_Exile_13
11-15-2014, 04:34 AM
Lets also lock content behind initiates and not finish it, blame it on the alpha state its been in for years and "work on it".

Oh a companion app lets throw some in that buggy mess too.

Yeah seems they just want to wall stuff up everywhere, too bad for people with no mobile device or windows 8.1, thats a chunk they will never see.

I originally liked the idea of initiates, but the fact that it has only taken backwards steps over the years should have been a massive sign saying not to make it mandatory to get things inside the game.

Xazur
11-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Yep this is just plain ******** from Ubisoft, lost of trash stuff released that don't fully work and constantly resets. Please remove the Club competition requirement.