PDA

View Full Version : Failed to start download

sg2006
11-15-2014, 02:23 AM
Hi I have been unable to patch the game to 1.2 and keep getting a failed to download message. IS anyone else experiencing this I tried running the client as an administrator and it did not help. Is there a manual patch method ? Thanks.

The_DuckOfDeath
11-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Running UPlay as "Administrator" worked for me. Sorry. This game and service are working rather poorly. Ubisoft should post links to manually download the patches. They are not helping themselves or their customers.

The_DuckOfDeath
11-16-2014, 12:33 AM
One question -- are logging in as Administrator, or right clicking on Uplay and selecting "Run As...Administrator"? Believe it or not, I have seen that make a different with other Windows apps.

D_cover
11-16-2014, 12:48 AM
This happened when I was trying to download bad blood DLC on Watch dogs a while ago. Can also be if servers are down.

BulldogCheshire
11-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi I have been unable to patch the game to 1.2 and keep getting a failed to download message. IS anyone else experiencing this I tried running the client as an administrator and it did not help. Is there a manual patch method ? Thanks.

Exact same problem here - I have not been able to update the game at all.
It sees that there is a patch available and then it says failed to start download - and I have tried about 50 times now.
This is incredibly frustrating.

The_DuckOfDeath
11-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Try going to game details and then clicking "verify files". This will ask for admin password. Next, it will immediately downloaded the patch. Worked for me on Far Cry 4 and Watchdogs (downloading now).