PDA

View Full Version : so where is the franchise going? PROBABLY SPOILERS

rob1990312
11-15-2014, 02:03 AM
so we have 2 new installments out neither of which had any over lying arcs or implications for future installments of the game. Not one mention of juno either. The point is, is there an actuall story arc that connects these games anymore or is it just going to be like "lets see how beautiful this setting is " type of thing

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 02:04 AM
To Ubisoft's bank account.

*rimshot*

No, seriously. The irony about the Juno thing is the series doesn't NEED the modern segments but despite the vocal minority, quite a few of us LIKED Abstergo and the Modern Brotherhood.

rob1990312
11-15-2014, 02:11 AM
it doesnt need it anymore but since they started it it would be nice if they finished it sometime in the next decade or two if its nt askin too much

Pr0metheus 1962
11-15-2014, 02:20 AM
so we have 2 new installments out neither of which had any over lying arcs or implications for future installments of the game. Not one mention of juno either. The point is, is there an actuall story arc that connects these games anymore or is it just going to be like "lets see how beautiful this setting is " type of thing

Well, Revelations and AC3 kinda set the stage for a descent into mediocrity, then AC4 reversed the trend. But maybe AC4 was the franchise's swan song, because Unity is certainly another disappointment. And it's such a shame too, because someone did a great job bringing 18th Century Paris to life. It's such a pity that they somehow couldn't find any interesting stuff to do with the gameplay, and they just couldn't mesh the story together with the history. That's really all this game needed to be decent.

I wish they could just keep the setting and re-do all the story and the gameplay, because if they did that, this game could be the best of the bunch.

I'm just hoping that it's like a Star Trek movie thing - where each odd numbered production is bad and each even numbered production is good. That would mean that the next game will be good. I think one thing is for sure - another disaster like this will spell the end of the franchise. If the next game is also bad, this franchise will be on life support.

rob1990312
11-15-2014, 02:27 AM
ya there was a lot of missed oppertuniteis in this game but i suppose with the size and all the details of paris something had to suffer, the story was a bit dull and the gameplay was just repetitive ,difficult and frustrating
on a side note i feel sorry for the devs as there is an enormous amount of hate out there for this game at the moment but what they where aiming for was reaaly big, paris is beyond huge and beautifyl its not like there wasnt a serious amount of effort put into this game

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 02:30 AM
it doesnt need it anymore but since they started it it would be nice if they finished it sometime in the next decade or two if its nt askin too much

Frankly, I think the games are worse without the Modern Sequences.

I think the fanboys who hated them were probably a Vocal Minority.

Like Connor haters.

ya there was a lot of missed oppertuniteis in this game but i suppose with the size and all the details of paris something had to suffer, the story was a bit dull and the gameplay was just repetitive ,difficult and frustrating

The game feels like they wanted to be "safe" with the storytelling and due to taking no risks, made the game boring in terms of storytelling.

rob1990312
11-15-2014, 02:39 AM
ya i agree the modern arc for unity was so poor that i kind of think that the story was a bit dull, like what was the point of all this again, also if they had a good md ending or story it might give a better reason to buy the next game. U sually when i finish an ac game i cant wait to find out what will happen next but this time i dnt really care wat happens next

rob1990312
11-15-2014, 02:40 AM
Well, Revelations and AC3 kinda set the stage for a descent into mediocrity, then AC4 reversed the trend. But maybe AC4 was the franchise's swan song, because Unity is certainly another disappointment. And it's such a shame too, because someone did a great job bringing 18th Century Paris to life. It's such a pity that they somehow couldn't find any interesting stuff to do with the gameplay, and they just couldn't mesh the story together with the history. That's really all this game needed to be decent.

I wish they could just keep the setting and re-do all the story and the gameplay, because if they did that, this game could be the best of the bunch.

I'm just hoping that it's like a Star Trek movie thing - where each odd numbered production is bad and each even numbered production is good. That would mean that the next game will be good. I think one thing is for sure - another disaster like this will spell the end of the franchise. If the next game is also bad, this franchise will be on life support.

yup one more dissapointing game could spell the end

Charles_Phipps
11-15-2014, 03:44 AM
I think Ubisoft failed to realize that the Modern Arc provided a lot of the "links" between the franchise.

Yeah, we play for the History but we like the Modern because we get to see how that links the past to the present.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-15-2014, 07:14 AM
...probably a Vocal Minority.

Like Connor haters.

Yeah, keep telling yourself it's just a vocal minority. We must be wildly influential too, because Connor isn't getting a sequel.

Alternatively, AC3 wasn't a good game and grumpy and unlikeable Connor was a big reason for that. It's not surprising though that lots of Americans like him. After all, AC3 is set in the American Revolution, so any American who is a patriot wants to like Connor. I just think it's a bit ironic that most Patriots who lived back then would have wanted someone like him dead, mostly because they thought he was the wrong color and he had the temerity to be walking around on what they considered to be their land. ;)

Getting back to the thread topic, they shouldn't have got rid of the modern day story - they should have just written it better, lost the fricken annoying puzzles and found more likeable characters than Dismal Desmond and his dad - the father and son downer team. Heck, why not keep Shaun and Rebecca - they were likeable enough, and unlike Desmond, they didn't mope about complaining about everything. Games don't need grumpy whiners.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-15-2014, 09:16 AM
I heard a rumour that Assassin's Creed is OVER and that Rogue is the FINAL game of the series. I HOPE TO HECK that it's not true, but it could be. Anyone else hear this? I was told by a Gamestop employee, they said it was "Announced".

Pr0metheus 1962
11-15-2014, 12:21 PM
I heard a rumour that Assassin's Creed is OVER and that Rogue is the FINAL game of the series. I HOPE TO HECK that it's not true, but it could be. Anyone else hear this? I was told by a Gamestop employee, they said it was "Announced".

Assassin's Creed is Ubisoft's cash cow. They'll keep milking it as long as it's making them a profit. So I'm pretty sure your Gamestop employee is talking out of a different orifice than his mouth.