PDA

View Full Version : No NEw Game option if Unity campaign already begun - only Option is Continue

TSwift
11-15-2014, 01:26 AM
Sorry if this has already been brought up.

Once you start a game in Unity, there is no option to restart a new game in the main menu.

Typically I will load a new game, play a bit to get the feel or remember the actions, and then start a new game once I am comfortable with the controls, etc.

Not possible in Assassin's Creed Unity. Once you start a new game you can only Continue that game.

The only way to start a new game, to my knowledge, is to delete the current game, re-insert the disk, and reload the system.
Of course, deleting the game also deletes any settings, updates, and add-ons you have installed.

So restarting a game means having to reload every piece of software associated with a new install.

Why leave a simple thing like New Game off the main menu? Seems like another kick in the head from a product that looks determined to frustrate.

Waiting for the 2.0 patch to restart one more time...

sirdynamite09
11-15-2014, 04:24 PM
try this
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/947651-For-Everyone-Trying-To-Start-A-New-Game-or-Have-Multiple-Saves-SOLUTION?highlight=assassin%27s+creed+unity+game

bitebug2003
11-15-2014, 04:40 PM
The link above only applies to PC users

I wonder why they didn't include 3 save slots this time around and you can't rename your profile either - I always renamed it the lead character rather than keeping my PSN ID.
My guess it's because of the co-op -- which I have no interest in.

ItalianCHICAGO
11-15-2014, 05:03 PM
The link above only applies to PC users

I wonder why they didn't include 3 save slots this time around and you can't rename your profile either - I always renamed it the lead character rather than keeping my PSN ID.
My guess it's because of the co-op -- which I have no interest in.

They did the same thing with Watch Dogs at first. No concept of saved games... though they did let you trash all your progress if you , God forbid, actually wanted to play their game more than once. Sometime later they updated it tohave the usual 3 slots.

What goes through the mind of these game producers? A decision had to be made not to allow for saving games.