PDA

View Full Version : COOP - How do I play with a friend?

DasMaaro
11-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Hello guys!

Short question: How the heck do I play together with a friend?
:nonchalance:

We can see each other in our contact-list and we can invite each other to our game. In fact, the other person gets a message:

"Name invited you to his game" popping up on the screen.

But HOW THE HECK do i react to that message?! There is no button, no key, nothing!

I mean, we keep sending us invites, but we cant find out how to ACCEPT such an invite...

Greetings,
DasMaaro

beurnii2
11-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Hello guys!

We can see each other in our contact-list and we can invite each other to our game. In fact, the other person gets a message:

But HOW THE HECK do i react to that message?! There is no button, no key, nothing!

I mean, we keep sending us invites, but we cant find out how to ACCEPT such an invite...

Greetings,
DasMaaro

Hey I'm having the same problem with my friend and I can't find any help online it's so frustrating !!!

DasMaaro
11-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Hey I'm having the same problem with my friend and I can't find any help online it's so frustrating !!!

I know that feeling. Been searching forever. Talking to them in the tavern is useless aswell, he gets the message but he does not know how to react to it...

Edit: Someone on Youtube Told me that you have to accept the invitation with the uplay overlay - well, to bad uplay tells me that all my friends are offline (even though they are online) and there is no invitation window. GG!

beurnii2
11-14-2014, 10:57 PM
I know that feeling. Been searching forever. Talking to them in the tavern is useless aswell, he gets the message but he does not know how to react to it...

Edit: Someone on Youtube Told me that you have to accept the invitation with the uplay overlay - well, to bad uplay tells me that all my friends are offline (even though they are online) and there is no invitation window. GG!

Thanks I'll do that when my friends decide to be shown online too x)

DasMaaro
11-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Well, for everyone visiting that thread, having the same problem:

Depending on the uplay servers, it takes some time for your NEW friends to be shown online (we just added each other).

We tried to do the following things to speed it up, i can't tell which one of it worked, but we've suddenly seen each other:
- Turn off/on Uplay
- Go Offline on Uplay an relog back in (upper right option icon)
- Restart PC
- When all of this won't work: Wait and go collect things in singleplayer!

We also experienced some position buggs and gameplay problems when we've played multiplayer. I hope its been the server-sided, otherwise that would be very bad, because the games actually pretty funny.

Anyway, Greetings!

geragud
11-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Hello guys!

Greetings,
DasMaaro

I had the same problem. It's not ACU, the problem is Uplay!

1) While out of the game, go to the Uplay main page at http://uplay.ubi.com and log in.

2) Then, in the box that lists your friends, delete the friend(s) you want to play the game with. (Note: I don't know how this impacts other Uplay games, so proceed with caution.)

3) Load the game and go into "My Friends," and your friend(s) should no longer be listed

4) Now, just go to "Find Friends," add their usernames, and proceed to set up your game.

minicoop555
12-02-2014, 01:47 AM
also mine keeps saying to launch the game in order to join. i already have the game up. even if i exit out and reload the game it still doesn't work

Shrikeh12
12-02-2014, 02:46 PM
My bro and I haven't had any issues. After I send the invite, he just does SHIFT+F2 and accepts it from there ..

minicoop555
12-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Go under settings on u play and check the one about receiving in game notifications. Worked for me but now it says it can't join. Thinking ubisoft is still working on it