PDA

View Full Version : ACU.exe has stopped working - FIX.

Projekts
11-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes that's right, i've managed to fix this ********.

I believe our good friends at Ubisoft haven't done something to allow us with funny resolutions to run the game, so i changed my DESKTOP resolution down to the lowest setting, tried to run the game and it worked.
I then proceeded to just alt+tab out and change my resolution back and it worked, still going after 2 hours. hope this helps, ubi you owe me.

naumaan
11-14-2014, 10:02 PM
but you cant change your resolutions each and every time to play a game ?

Projekts
11-14-2014, 10:41 PM
but you cant change your resolutions each and every time to play a game ?

I didn't have too. it must update settings once your in game, ive just restarted my machine and it came straight back on.

OfficialJZX
11-14-2014, 10:59 PM
I didn't have too. it must update settings once your in game, ive just restarted my machine and it came straight back on.

We'll I can't even launch tha game it crashes immediately :(

Projekts
11-14-2014, 11:03 PM

If it's the same issue i've just posted a fix about then you should probably read the fix my friend

Shaftex
11-14-2014, 11:22 PM

He means change the resolution on your desktop. And I don't have this problem at all, but nice fix for those who suffered!!

Projekts
11-14-2014, 11:23 PM
He means change the resolution on your desktop. And I don't have this problem at all, but nice fix for those who suffered!!

Thanks for that, i edited the post

oBADDADo
11-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Hi well i've been reading all these problems on acu.exe stopped working and after trying lots of suggestions ,it seems that the problem is related to screen resolution in windows on start up ,the game does not support unusual screen resolutions ,the solution is to select 800x 600 in windows instead as this resolution is and has always been supported then launch the game once in the game you can alter the screen within the option menu ,hope this helps as a lot of people have different screen sizes on their monitors and tv's so it seems as though most of these are not recognized at start up
Regards Bigbear
Sorry i posted this earlier on today but its on a different post ,by the way half the problem is related to windows by default as the nvidia control panel allows unusual resolutions to be selected for resizing on the control panel by manually adjusting the height and width ,once this is done you should look under display again in the control panel and select change resolution ,this will open a drop down and you should now see the new resolution that you have created but it will be something like 1080p 1900x1063 once you select this windows will adopt this resolution and the game should recognize the resolution for playing the game ,if you then go to options you can change the graphic properties to suit your monitor or tv

adrian19962
11-14-2014, 11:52 PM
I fixed the the ACU.exe problem without lowering the resolution. You just have to fo on stem and disable the in game overlay. Let me know if it works. you can find it if you right click on the ACU game in steam then click properties. then un check the box.

Projekts
11-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Why are you repeated what i posted?

jeffies04
11-15-2014, 12:13 AM
It seems like there has been multiple causes for this problem and multiple fixes, I've read all sorts. Glad some folks are getting things working!

DevilsBulder
11-15-2014, 02:13 AM

I believe our good friends at Ubisoft haven't done something to allow us with funny resolutions to run the game, so i changed my DESKTOP resolution down to the lowest setting, tried to run the game and it worked.
I then proceeded to just alt+tab out and change my resolution back and it worked, still going after 2 hours. hope this helps, ubi you owe me. made the changes stil the same problem

Assassin_Banana
11-15-2014, 03:10 AM
I have the same problem but my game just stop working when I only play on online mode. When I trun off U-play my game dosen't crash anymore. The first day at launch everything worked fine I played co-op and even joined a club, but then I wanted to finish single player first so I turned off u-play and now that I want to play co-op again my game crash whenever the loading screen finish. It really sucks I dunno If it was the patch but before that everything worked for me, this is why I'm not very fond of DRM programs, stupid things... :(

CaptGrumbles
11-15-2014, 03:23 AM
Tried this but I'm still crashing if I try to play online :/

OfficialJZX
11-15-2014, 06:53 PM

I then proceeded to just alt+tab out and change my resolution back and it worked, still going after 2 hours. hope this helps, ubi you owe me.

Pls help me....It didnt work....i tried offline....no results still not evven starting....i dont what to do anymore im really sad
50 euros for nothing?

seville57
11-15-2014, 07:21 PM
The game just stop workin after some hours of play. Grrrrrr .

Have not tried to play the game offline, should try tomorrow.

PeterWeaver
11-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Still crashing here 5 minutes in

I7 2.66

Disappointed but I keep the Faith, all the best devs

Xepton
11-15-2014, 09:39 PM
This has just started happening to me. No idea why. I was mid way through a 25k assassin mission when it crashed. Reloaded and it happened again within 2mins. Five crashes later and I was considering uninstalling.

lancef_2000
01-20-2015, 11:31 PM
I merely set it to the native resolution of my monitor 1080X1920 overriding the custom 1014X1864 one I set with NVidia Control Panel. Worked like a charm!

So why does file verification always seem to find corrupt files? One time it had to re-download and re-install all the game files and the second time whatever it did took a few seconds only for the game to not work again.

Well it works now, Thanks for the tip Projekts! I hope it works for everybody.