PDA

View Full Version : How many of us will change our reviews of Unity?

drmambo1999
11-14-2014, 09:18 PM
If the patches fix the performance in ACU I wonder how many players will update their reviews on metacritic and such sites. Also critics for that matter. I am not one to hold to review scores ( I liked Lair :O I know awful right? XD) but it is just a shame that this game could have gotten a solid rep if it was delayed just a couple of weeks or so. Most of metacritcs player reviews say the same things regarding the performance. Perhaps this is necessary for the sake of future games not meeting the same fate, but it seems there is a good if not great game under this mess of bugs and it is unfortunate that it will be overlooked by many even after the patches on the pure fact of the player review scores.

Not saying it isn't warranted. The game should have NEVER been release in this state, but still.......is unfortunate.... I am still looking forward to playing this though, especially since there are patches in the works. :)

EmptyCrustacean
11-14-2014, 09:34 PM
I maintain that it's a fantastic game if not for the frame rate issue. Really lets it down.

DavisP92
11-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Still give it a 6-7. The fact that they have us leaving the game world to use the companion app and initiates, the slow story, lack of co-op even though that's the biggest thing in the game, and the issues with the game itself (frame rate and glitches) would have made me say a 2 but the game is enjoyable when co-op does work so 6-7 sounds right to me.

What I don't get is why everyone loves AC Black Flag (ign specifically) that game was alright. I want to play an assassin game not pirate game. Ubisoft should make a pirate game since they know what they're doing for that, but keep them separate.

SenseHomunculus
11-14-2014, 09:47 PM
All due respect, I don't think a whole lot of people are that concerned with the user reviews on Metacritic. They're kind of like the youtube comments of video game reviews.

Marcus101RR
11-14-2014, 09:50 PM
I would give it a 4/10

Let's not overlook that 40% of the items, outfits, and chests CANNOT be unlocked unless YOU HAVE 100% guaranteed access to a device that can run the "Companion app". What kind of BS is that? What about those poor people who don't have those? or the fact that its a Pay to Win app? WTF? I bought 60$ game so i have to pay more to unlock crap? or even waste valuable hours on a stupid mini screen to unlock some stupid chests and wait 6-8 hours per mission? Good lord, I thought this would be in the game not in another device.

drmambo1999
11-14-2014, 09:51 PM
All due respect, I don't think a whole lot of people are that concerned with the user reviews on Metacritic. They're kind of like the youtube comments of video game reviews.

lol fair enough!

drmambo1999
11-14-2014, 09:52 PM
I would give it a 4/10

Let's not overlook that 40% of the items, outfits, and chests CANNOT be unlocked unless YOU HAVE 100% guaranteed access to a device that can run the "Companion app". What kind of BS is that? What about those poor people who don't have those? or the fact that its a Pay to Win app? WTF? I bought 60$ game so i have to pay more to unlock crap? or even waste valuable hours on a stupid mini screen to unlock some stupid chests and wait 6-8 hours per mission? Good lord, I thought this would be in the game not in another device.

Also fair point. I personally wouldn't rate it that low purely on that factor but I get how you feel. I am certainly not a fan of that function.

drmambo1999
11-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Still give it a 6-7. The fact that they have us leaving the game world to use the companion app and initiates, the slow story, lack of co-op even though that's the biggest thing in the game, and the issues with the game itself (frame rate and glitches) would have made me say a 2 but the game is enjoyable when co-op does work so 6-7 sounds right to me.

What I don't get is why everyone loves AC Black Flag (ign specifically) that game was alright. I want to play an assassin game not pirate game. Ubisoft should make a pirate game since they know what they're doing for that, but keep them separate.

I know what you mean. I LOVED AC4 but at the time I was wanting the pirate atmosphere. When I want to play an AC game that seems familiar though I can't say that is the game I go to. I will finally have Unity in an hour and be able to post my thought on it soon. :)

poptartz20
11-14-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm still in the beginning parts of this game. sequence 4 memory 1 to be exact and I've only experienced frame rate issues, which isn't a total game breaking issue for me. I'm not that bougie person. lol!

but overall, I really feel that the devs listened to what we wanted in a sense. Combat, Stealth, Mechanics, More Control, Customization... it'is all there. I honestly just wish it was a bit more tighter in the execution. Like now I find myself annoyed because I'm constantly grabbing things or climbing things that I didn't want to. and not to mention Instead of going into windows, I climb right over them. : |

as far as the story goes. it's different, but I'm not far enough to really give out a full analysis of it. Some things like Arno becoming an assassin is weird, like Dragon Age becoming a grey warden mixed with a Farcry becoming a Rakyat Warrior type of feel goin on.

harsab
11-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Minus the frame rate it's the best AC by far.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Nope. I judge things by the initial product.

drmambo1999
11-14-2014, 10:25 PM

I can respect that. I am a bit more tolerant of these sorts of things personally, but if the initial product is not what we were promised to begin with I can understand why players wouldn't trust it to be fixed or even care at that point. Like I said, it is an unfortunate occurrence that this game wasn't delayed.

EmptyCrustacean
11-14-2014, 10:33 PM

But by the time you play it again say a few months down the line it will be a better product, in that it will be running well.

drmambo1999
11-14-2014, 10:36 PM
But by the time you play it again say a few months down the line it will be a better product, in that it will be running well.

And this is why I remain tolerant. I still agree that Game Developers should stop this trend of releasing and then patching after the fact though.

joshjda
11-14-2014, 10:45 PM
I like the game when everything works i don't mind grinding without grinding aspects things are finished in just a few hours then your bored. I just want combat to work then ill just sit around the open map fighting enemies constantly. Yes if they fix the issues id give it a good rating.

drmambo1999
11-14-2014, 10:50 PM
I like the game when everything works i don't mind grinding without grinding aspects things are finished in just a few hours then your bored. I just want combat to work then ill just sit around the open map fighting enemies constantly. Yes if they fix the issues id give it a good rating.

Glad to hear it. :) I am just killing time until I can finally play this! XD Then I will be able to have a relevant opinion. I hope it is a good one. :)

MakimotoJin
11-14-2014, 10:53 PM
The first impression is the one that sticks the most.
Or something like that I don't remember the right quote

Charles_Phipps
11-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Well, I run a blog which reviews video games and my view is that I judge a video game by when I play it.

And all the patches in the world aren't going to fix Frenchzio's unoriginality nor the bland storytelling or the fact they teach BAD HISTORY.

Which is just terrible after such eduassassinational games these last few times.

Razrback16
11-15-2014, 07:53 AM
I definitely will not change mine. Just got done registering on metacritic just so I could leave a scathing review of Unity and hopefully save some folks $60. I can't even put into words how utterly disappointed I am in this game. The graphics are great, and the game actually runs great on my rig, but the combat system is so epically bad that it actually ruins the entire game experience for me. Up until Unity, the only AC game I didn't like a whole lot was AC3, and it was still playable and enjoyable (the complete lack of stealth is what was a minus in that game) because it had a good combat system and graphics, not to mention better character development. So far I really really dislike Unity. Worst game in the series for me by far.

pirate1802
11-15-2014, 01:26 PM
The first impression is the one that sticks the most.
Or something like that I don't remember the right quote

The first impression is the last impression.

And that's true for me as well.