PDA

View Full Version : Can we expect anymore last gen games?

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 08:06 PM
I enjoyed Rogue VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY much. I LOVED the lore, I LOVED the plot, I LOVED the characters, I LOVED the connections, I LOVED the naval, I LOVED the presentation, I LOVED the stalkers, I LOVED the templars, and I LOVED Shay. (infact Im going to go replay it ASAP)

(ofc I had problems with the [arguably] terrible recycled music and stale land gameplay but...)

It really blows AC Unity out of the water IMO. AC Unity has nice parkour and co-op but lacks the immersiveness that Rogue offered me. I even enjoyed the MD and THAT is saying something (from someone who expressed strong distaste for ACIV's MD).

My question is tho will we get another game like Rogue? Rogue has been generally well-recieved and was a truly enjoyable (albeit short) experience.

Ubi said they'd continue supporting last gen for "the next few years" (implying at least 3)

but then later they said Rogue was the final last gen game.

and words keep going back and fourth.

But would you guys want one? I personally think it allows to expand on characters in worlds we've seen before (that the mass market probably wont care for). Connor, Eseosa, Shay, Aveline, Shay's kid, etc. Lots of potential to tie things together for maybe a final goodbye kiss to the american colonial era. My only problem is the gameplay would be rather stale. Even with naval, Rogue had problems with repetitive gameplay. I don't know how Ubi would work around that. Whatcha think?

So to recap my questions are:
-Do you think Ubisoft will release another last gen game?
-Do you want another last gen game?

Edit: I understand Rogue was supposed to be the final tie to the colonial americas era but that still doesn't change the fact that Connor, Aveline, Eseosa, Shay and Shay's kid remain unexplored to their fullest potential.

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Ubisoft keeps changing their answers.

First it was "we will not leave our last gen gamers behind."

Then "we'll support last gen gamers for a few more years."

Then "Rogue is/might be the last gen game."

Kinda confusing but I'm sure they have their reasons, at least I hope they do.

But Rogue does sound like it was a success. And I'm glad and can't wait to get my copy. :)

And yes, I wouldnt mind a few more last gen games until we all have our next gen consoles :p

SlyTrooper
11-14-2014, 08:17 PM
I would love to answer that, but I haven't played Rogue due to Ubi's crappy customer service.

Namikaze_17
11-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Well since Shay...

( DO NOT OPEN SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN/FINISHED ROGUE)

Is Alive.

We could expect something.

And perhaps that interaction with Connor. :rolleyes:

EscoBlades
11-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Ubi said they'd continue supporting last gen for "the next few years" (implying at least 3)

Where did you get 3 from?

RzaRecta357
11-14-2014, 08:32 PM
I think it sold well so you never know. Thing is what would it be like? Another pirate game? I don't think so. Maybe they'd re-use the AC3 system instead. I'm surprised they never used the awesome Haytham fencing sword style for a main character yet haha.

D.I.D.
11-14-2014, 08:34 PM
I think everyone's been waiting to see how strong sales of the new gen boxes were going to be, and unfortunately for you they've been extremely strong in NA and Europe.

That doesn't mean a Rogue-esque game is out of the question, or even a series of them. They might be a great product to sell at a lower price, to reflect the reduced production cost. I don't think it's in any company's interest to continue making those games for last gen though, if they've got an interest in the new gen too. A desire to sell new gen games means a desire to see new gen systems selling too. Making customers comfortable with their 8-year-old technology doesn't serve that.

GunnerGalactico
11-14-2014, 08:35 PM
I think it sold well so you never know. Thing is what would it be like? Another pirate game? I don't think so. Maybe they'd re-use the AC3 system instead. I'm surprised they never used the awesome Haytham fencing sword style for a main character yet haha.

They did use Haytham's sword moves and animation for Aveline in Liberation.

RzaRecta357
11-14-2014, 08:42 PM
They did use Haytham's sword moves and animation for Aveline in Liberations.

Oh wow I think you're right. I just always used that sexy sugar cane machete. Love those machetes :P. One of my fav AC kills is the fencing sword kill though. Not sure if Aveline had all her animations but the one where Haytham would slash back and forth across their back or chest. Does she do that one? Heh I know i'll be using a sword much more on Liberation when I get to my PC playthrough.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 08:44 PM

Im not a native english speaker and I was taught few = 3 or more.

Sorry for misunderstanding. :(

gnosis_guyver1
11-14-2014, 08:52 PM
I love ac rogue Mayrice and after this playthrough i might just play again. Now if some one could get rid of annoying admiral lion pistol glitch were set.

You know what got me angry about unity.

no arno vs shay confrontation seriously why didn't this happen i would love for arno to try and kill shay obviously he is protected by a cadre of elite assassin hunters he trained himself imagine guys that do what arno does and turn it against him that should have been in unity

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 09:04 PM
I love ac rogue Mayrice and after this playthrough i might just play again. Now if some one could get rid of annoying admiral lion pistol glitch were set.

You know what got me angry about unity.

no arno vs shay confrontation seriously why didn't this happen i would love for arno to try and kill shay obviously he is protected by a cadre of elite assassin hunters he trained himself imagine guys that do what arno does and turn it against him that should have been in unity

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

They SHOULD have had a confrontation!

Throw Connor in there too for the lels.

As long as Shay doesn't lose :p

GunnerGalactico
11-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Oh wow I think you're right. I just always used that sexy sugar cane machete. Love those machetes :P. One of my fav AC kills is the fencing sword kill though. Not sure if Aveline had all her animations but the one where Haytham would slash back and forth across their back or chest. Does she do that one? Heh I know i'll be using a sword much more on Liberation when I get to my PC playthrough.

*Yes :)

Her sword fighting style was taken from Haytham. It is easily distinguishable by the way she thrusts it and stabs enemies, rather than hack and slash like the way Connor does. Her overall fighting style and animations were recycled from Connor.

Namikaze_17
11-14-2014, 09:25 PM
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

They SHOULD have had a confrontation!

Throw Connor in there too for the lels.

As long as Shay doesn't lose :p

Now I want Shay to show up in Dead Kings and slaughter the **** out of Arno. :rolleyes:

Boom! Arno's story is done which leaves for Napoleon to gain power, and Desmond's ancestor ( Not Connor) to kill him.

Btw, where was that French Revolution ancestor anyways? He/She should've had some significance in the story.

But yeah...Connor/Arno/ Eseosa/ Shay interaction would be great. ;)

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Now I want Shay to show up in Dead Kings and slaughter the **** out of Arno.

Boom! Arno's story is done which leaves for Napoleon to gain power, and Desmond's ancestor ( Not Connor) to kill him.

Btw, where was that French Revolution ancestor anyways? He/She should've had some significance in the story.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!! *foams at mouth*

MakimotoJin
11-14-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure.Far Cry 4,for example,is cross-gen.So it might depend on which game is released.

SixKeys
11-14-2014, 10:27 PM

A couple = 2

A few = 3 or more

Personally I don't think there'll be any more old-gen AC games.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 10:29 PM
I think, given the reception of Rogue, we will get one more last gen game.

Then people will start to complain about last gen.

MakimotoJin
11-14-2014, 10:33 PM
I think, given the reception of Rogue, we will get one more last gen game.

Then people will start to complain about last gen.

As long as it's not rushed and has a good development time,I'm fine.

poptartz20
11-14-2014, 10:38 PM
As long as it's not rushed and has a good development time,I'm fine.

haha you do know we are talking about ubisoft right?

but back to what ricey said, ya know it's a hard call I'm not sure because what I'm starting to this is that yeah ubisoft said it won't leave behind they last gen players, but they didn't specify what games would be for last and current. I think that this will be the last AC on last gen. while they will still make a few like just dance etc for last. but then again you never know big business is all bout money so I think they will go wherever the money takes them. I mean look at the mess in unity. MONIES EVERYWHERE! lol.

MakimotoJin
11-14-2014, 10:43 PM
wherever the money takes them.

Ain't that the truth...

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-15-2014, 12:52 AM
I enjoyed Rogue VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY much. I LOVED the lore, I LOVED the plot, I LOVED the characters, I LOVED the connections, I LOVED the naval, I LOVED the presentation, I LOVED the stalkers, I LOVED the templars, and I LOVED Shay. (infact Im going to go replay it ASAP)

(ofc I had problems with the [arguably] terrible recycled music and stale land gameplay but...)

It really blows AC Unity out of the water IMO. AC Unity has nice parkour and co-op but lacks the immersiveness that Rogue offered me. I even enjoyed the MD and THAT is saying something (from someone who expressed strong distaste for ACIV's MD).

My question is tho will we get another game like Rogue? Rogue has been generally well-recieved and was a truly enjoyable (albeit short) experience.

But would you guys want one? I personally think it allows to expand on characters in worlds we've seen before (that the mass market probably wont care for). Connor, Eseosa, Shay, Aveline, Shay's kid, etc. Lots of potential to tie things together for maybe a final goodbye kiss to the american colonial era. My only problem is the gameplay would be rather stale. Even with naval, Rogue had problems with repetitive gameplay. I don't know how Ubi would work around that. Whatcha think?

Edit: I understand Rogue was supposed to be the final tie to the colonial americas era but that still doesn't change the fact that Connor, Aveline, Eseosa, Shay and Shay's kid remain unexplored to their fullest potential.

if you like it then it must be good

Moose.Qc
11-15-2014, 12:59 AM

Dude GTA5 coming out on Tuesday, and yes it's true it will be1080p, they can handle it, they have good coders...

STDlyMcStudpants
11-15-2014, 01:02 AM
No, Rogue was the final past gen game

cawatrooper9
11-15-2014, 01:38 AM
I hope so! I, for one, don't mind 2 games a year.

SlyTrooper
11-15-2014, 02:45 AM
Now I'm slightly less pissed about Ubi not shipping the games to me on time, I will give my truthful opinion.

I believe that it isn't necessary & it shouldn't become a regular thing, but maybe one next year to clear some things up that were left unexplored. I think that a Revelations-style game that some people have mentioned would do exactly that if they were to make one more. Have Connor, Edward & Haytham be playable in one game. The Haytham stuff could just be events from Forsaken which a lot of people would like to see. The Edward stuff would be what he did in London before he was killed. And the Connor stuff could just be a continuation of his story. By the way, Connor should be the main lead like Ezio was in Revelations because there's more to tell. Haytham has already been completely explored, so it would be pointless having him lead. And although I would like Edward to lead, I think that there isn't enough happening within the time he is back in London to the time of his death; but I suppose Ubi could think of something. Come to think of it, they would be more likely to choose Edward so as not to get negative reception about America & Connor. Hmmm... I've just contradicted myself.

ze_topazio
11-15-2014, 03:19 AM
Another naval game, this time in the Mediterranean, Venice and Constantinople can be the main cities.

RobertMcSassin
11-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Im not a native english speaker and I was taught few = 3 or more.

Nah, you're right with that...1 - a year, 2 - a couple of years, 3+ - a few...Which then becomes several at some confusing area around 5... :D ...Gotta love that there Inglitch ain't'cha?... ;) ....

Erm...Fair dues, I'm a semi-professional lurker around here, but if you're that excited about Rogue, I may just start it later...I was just going to wait until the various problems/glitches/uPlay sign-in, rewards and points issues had been addressed...But if you've finished and enjoyed it as is, then...Gaming it is!!...Booyah!!...etc...

It's either that or carry on with the rediscovered fun on the Black Flag multiplayer...Lone-wolfpack, gotta love it!... :cool: ...

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 10:51 PM
OMIGOSH

Someone mentioned this in another thread but how did I not notice this?

Vikings.

We could be getting a vikings last gen game.

Why?

-there's viking outfits in rogue
-there's ice in rogue
-there's naval in rogue

all of those are in the viking era

It's easy to recycle. I could see it happening.

How would you guys feel about a last gen vikings game?

Namikaze_17
11-15-2014, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't mind...would be great to see the contrast between a Viking and an Assassin.

SlyTrooper
11-15-2014, 11:07 PM
OMIGOSH

Someone mentioned this in another thread but how did I not notice this?

Vikings.

We could be getting a vikings last gen game.

Why?

-there's viking outfits in rogue
-there's ice in rogue
-there's naval in rogue

all of those are in the viking era

It's easy to recycle. I could see it happening.

How would you guys feel about a last gen vikings game?

Considering I was the one who suggested this, that wasn't quite what I meant. I think it would be a waste of vikings to use them in a last-gen game. Luckily for me, I really don't see Ubi doing this. They're more likely to make a game about Edward in London than do this.

JustPlainQuirky
11-15-2014, 11:08 PM
I dunno man I could see them making a last gen vikings naval game. it would look similar to Rogue I imagine. :p

SlyTrooper
11-16-2014, 12:37 AM
I dunno man I could see them making a last gen vikings naval game. it would look similar to Rogue I imagine. :p

How would ship combat work? Would they shoot arrows instead of canons?