PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only the person who cant aim? I dont see the start target when I aim..

Mickinnie
11-14-2014, 07:15 PM
When I use my pistol, I press L1, Arno doesnt raise the pistol and aim at thing with start target sign. Instead a small white dot appears. If I shoot, it even lags....

Am I the only one having the problem???

The game lags a lot sometimes and im using a PS4.. :( It's Unity btw.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 07:22 PM
I have no idea how to shoot either.

I press the button, then press the prompted right trigger button (or whichever it is)

then an upside down triangle appears.

I have no idea what to do at that point.

I try hitting all the buttons but nothing works :/

Bastiaen
11-14-2014, 07:23 PM
If you wish to aim with the pistol, also hold the fire button, as it doesn't fire until you release. If you wish to cancel the shot, release the aim button.

SenseHomunculus
11-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I think you hit the left shoulder (whatever is NOT the left trigger) button to get the target reticle dot (sometimes it's white, sometimes red no idea why) then hit the right trigger to fire. I think.

SenseHomunculus
11-14-2014, 07:26 PM
If you wish to aim with the pistol, also hold the fire button, as it doesn't fire until you release. If you wish to cancel the shot, release the aim button.

Oh yeah, and RELEASE the trigger button to fire. The ONLY game I've ever seen where just pulling the trigger button DOESN'T actually fire the weapon. More stoopid.

D.I.D.
11-14-2014, 07:28 PM
LB/L1 to aim. The reticule is a small dot. Drag the bead onto your target, then Right Trigger to shoot. The bead is light blue on civilian targets and red for proper enemies, so it is possible to hit innocent bystanders by accident (or design).

Range is very low, which can complicate things; your target might wander just out of range by the time you try to fire. At short range, weapons with a quick shot ability can be fired with a tap of LB/L1. You could go and use the training at Café Theatre if you need to try it out.

[edit] Redundant post. Was typing, then paused, then came back and posted. Sorry.

MilsurpShooter
11-14-2014, 07:31 PM
When you press L1 you'll get a very, VERY tiny dot to aim with. Red when pointed at an enemy in range, white when not, blue when targeting a civilian. It's hard to see depending on the environment. As far as releasing the trigger... Well on mine (PS4) Slight pressure actually has Arno raise the pistol, harder pressure fires.

L3 reloads the pistol

SenseHomunculus
11-14-2014, 07:36 PM
IOW, an overly-complicated clusterf&@k.

RzaRecta357
11-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Wow you guys are gamers or what?

If it's red it means you can hit the target obviously. You hold L1 to line up the shot then click R2 to fire. You can hold R2 to actually extend your arm and then release to fire or hit circle/B to drop the arm. Not that hard to figure out guys.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Wow you guys are gamers or what?

If it's red it means you can hit the target obviously. You hold L1 to line up the shot then click R2 to fire. You can hold R2 to actually extend your arm and then release to fire or hit circle/B to drop the arm. Not that hard to figure out guys.

holding two buttons then releasing them in a certain order is not as obvious as 'press x to shoot'

D.I.D.
11-14-2014, 07:41 PM
IOW, an overly-complicated clusterf&@k.

Not at all, it's just one button to enter aim mode, and another to shoot. Very simple.

A pure shooter wouldn't need a button to begin aiming, but this type does. It's in everything from GTA to Shadow Of Mordor.