PDA

View Full Version : P38 quick mission and track prob causing lock ups?

salthill
04-13-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi
posting from community help...
i intalled AEP over 1.22 and everything went fine, my campaigns were all there etc. I even did some quick missions with the P38 not sure which version. anyway the i copy a P38 mission from the mission builder forum and put it in a note pad put it in the P38 folder( did i have to make it?? not sure) ran it alls fine thats some days ago. today i can't run any P38 quick mission on any map i get a lock up... have to power off and reboot, even the p38 track caused this after 30 secs.
i went to the missions folder and threw out the mission i'd copied ...no good still have prob
have i thrown out a default skin or mission for the quicks?? all other planes etc. are wotking fine any ideas apart from reinstalling FB and AEP which i have to do as i cant install AEP on its own right??
help pl
cheers

salthill
04-13-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi
posting from community help...
i intalled AEP over 1.22 and everything went fine, my campaigns were all there etc. I even did some quick missions with the P38 not sure which version. anyway the i copy a P38 mission from the mission builder forum and put it in a note pad put it in the P38 folder( did i have to make it?? not sure) ran it alls fine thats some days ago. today i can't run any P38 quick mission on any map i get a lock up... have to power off and reboot, even the p38 track caused this after 30 secs.
i went to the missions folder and threw out the mission i'd copied ...no good still have prob
have i thrown out a default skin or mission for the quicks?? all other planes etc. are wotking fine any ideas apart from reinstalling FB and AEP which i have to do as i cant install AEP on its own right??
help pl
cheers

salthill
04-14-2004, 03:12 AM
bump

anyone?

maddvmaxx
04-14-2004, 03:35 AM
I haven't had a problem at all.That's all I've been flying since I bought it 3 weeks ago.I'm not sure what to say because you haven't posted what set-up your using.(computer&components)I have an AMD 1900+ system with a Nvidia 5900 SE card.Also,I'm running 1.024 GB of DDR memory,Audigy Platinum soundcard,100GB WD Hard Drive with a Saitek X-45 stick set.

maddvmaxx
04-14-2004, 03:36 AM
...also,what are you running the game with,Open GL or DirectX?

salthill
04-14-2004, 04:21 AM
hi
i run a P4 2.4Ghz, 1.25 sdRam, 9500pro. the compuer is running fine as are all other aspects of FB. oh the Spit is also giving problems its when its loading after the 100% window it locks up
i guess its better to uninstall and reload just thought someone might have a quick fix
cheers

WUAF_Co_Hero
04-14-2004, 04:32 AM
Still doesn't answer whether you're using DX or OpenGL for your video.

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day...

Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

salthill
04-14-2004, 05:00 AM
i only use openGL never since orig IL2 have i used dx

is the likely prob corrupt skin files?
cheers