PDA

View Full Version : Which is more exciting; the Announcement or the Release?

The_Kiwi_
11-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Another dose of Assassin's Creed has been administered.
I'm sure we're all having fun playing whichever one(s) we got.
But now, there is something that all of us would have thought at one point recently;
What will the next game be?

So I ask you this, what excites you more?
Is it the announcement of the game? The revealing of the setting and character, giving us knowledge about something we knew nothing about?
Or is it the release of the game? The ending of your anticipation? Finally getting to play the game you've been looking forward to for months?

Discuss why you chose your answer.

And remember, be friendly :p

ze_topazio
11-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Probably the announcement, I haven't even played any of the two new games and I'm already looking forward to know the setting of next year's game.

True_Assassin92
11-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Alas, I'm not having that much fun with Unit, but the announcement of where the next AC is gonna take place is the most exciting part :)

SixKeys
11-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Release. Usually when Ubi announces the next AC I just get this exhausted feeling. "WTF, I've barely finished the last one and there's already a new one on the way." The closer we get to release though, the more excited I get.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 04:26 PM
What's more exciting?

Being told you're getting an awesome present or opening a present to find a dead rat inside?

You decide.

SlyTrooper
11-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Announcement. It's not that I'm disappointed with the games, like May is saying, just that I like the excitement of finding out where it is & what it's about.

Namikaze_17
11-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Definitely the Announcement.

When Unity was announced I was excited for it.

Now after its release, I'm like >__>

However, the opposite happened with Rogue.

The_Kiwi_
11-15-2014, 04:08 AM
Huh, I was expecting results that were completely different
Near unanimous votes for Announcement was not something I expected at all

pirate1802
11-15-2014, 01:53 PM
What's more exciting?

Being told you're getting an awesome present or opening a present to find a dead rat inside?

You decide.

It's not always a dead rat though, for you maybe. Schrodinger's rat!

For me it's the announcement. The new settings, new protag, new villains.. the reasearch people do on that time period.
...Then release time gets nearer and we are drowned under 8795837693476 trailers, and I'm like.. okay, we get it. Stop it already. Rather than exciting me, these multitudes of trailers adversely affects my anticipation.

Sushiglutton
11-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Depends on the game. For AC3 it was the announcement. For AC4 it was the release.