PDA

View Full Version : More time on the next game.

PhilyG213
11-14-2014, 02:03 PM
So I just read a little bit of a german article that said that Ubisoft wants to spend more time on the next AC game so that there'll be less problems.
What do you all think of that??

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 02:13 PM
I think .... "duh". The ONLY people who didn't know they needed more time, was them. Of course, I blame that largely on the publishers pushing them to meet release, regardless of game status. I think it's safe to say though, we're much happier if you delay the release and end up giving us a game that meets the quality of an actual finished product, than to rush to meet deadlines, and give us ... whatever the hell you want to call THIS crap we've been handed.

PhilyG213
11-14-2014, 02:16 PM
I think .... "duh". The ONLY people who didn't know they needed more time, was them. Of course, I blame that largely on the publishers pushing them to meet release, regardless of game status. I think it's safe to say though, we're much happier if you delay the release and end up giving us a game that meets the quality of an actual finished product, than to rush to meet deadlines, and give us ... whatever the hell you want to call THIS crap we've been handed.

Yeah I agree on that. Having a finished game that may be delayed and delayed again is much more better than Unity right NOW

Philandros
11-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Love the forward thinking. How can we convince people to buy the next release while taking the spotlight off the monumental cluster**** that is Unity.

It is like the update page, already listing the issues to be resolved in update 3, even before update 2 has been released.

I feel somewhat sorry for the development team who were obviously given a deadline to get this released well in time for Xmas and smother over the cracks with patches and updates and hope that nobody complains.

It is about time these major companies got flagged for lazy console ports, half finished releases and blatant penny pinching from everything to content additions to shipping carrier rip offs.

The share price is a reflection of how fed up consumers are getting plain and simple.