PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with "Region lock"?

BobTheBui1der
11-14-2014, 06:53 AM
hi,
bought the game from origin
downloaded it from there , installed , ready to play
when i pressed play uplay gone up in order to activate the game
entered the code
got an error message
"This CD Key or Activation Code is locked to another region. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support"
what can be done with this?

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Have you contacted Support?

BobTheBui1der
11-14-2014, 07:00 AM
Have you contacted Support?

yeah
was hoping to solve this before i will get an answer from them [if i will get one at all]

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Usually Support is the one to answer this problem, and usually the turn around time is a few hours, but because of the new launch it's probably going to be 48 hours or more, weekends not included.

HEAVYFLAME
11-14-2014, 11:04 AM
hi,
bought the game from origin
downloaded it from there , installed , ready to play
when i pressed play uplay gone up in order to activate the game
entered the code
got an error message
"This CD Key or Activation Code is locked to another region. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support"
what can be done with this?

I send you a PM with the solution. Worked for me.

shirajdedo
11-15-2014, 09:49 AM

I"m also encountering the same problem please I need help

Leo_2301
11-27-2014, 12:59 PM
What to do?

disisme313
12-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Hey guys same problem with me when i am trying to activate far cry 4. Can anyone please help me with this?

YazX_
12-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Hey guys same problem with me when i am trying to activate far cry 4. Can anyone please help me with this?

Please contact support, link is in my sign.

babunacci
02-01-2015, 06:32 PM
I am encountering same issue . pLease help

HeRo_NeologixX
04-21-2015, 09:45 AM
I asked to the support and they didn't respond, it's been 3 days now. I know that it is been 2 month that nobody spoke on this topic. Sorry.

Ommicrone
09-25-2015, 03:04 PM

Hello Have the same issue. Is it possible for you to share the solution? Thanks

Jessigirl2013
09-25-2015, 05:41 PM
I asked to the support and they didn't respond, it's been 3 days now. I know that it is been 2 month that nobody spoke on this topic. Sorry.

Welcome to the forum.

Seems odd?

Did you purchase from the Uplay application or on a web browser?
If a web browser did you use the appropriate site for your region?

Ommicrone
09-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Same here. Support didn't answer for five days. For my other issues they responded within few hours :) I bought a retail one Btw

jonathan7882
09-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Same here. Support didn't answer for five days. For my other issues they responded within few hours :) I bought a retail one Btw

I gave you some info in the separate topic you created hope it helps.

Jessigirl2013
09-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Did you purchase it in the same region you are trying to redeem it in?

Ommicrone
09-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Yes. I bought it from thailand. I came back and tried to activate from the australian account. But that didn't work. I contacted support through facebook and we changed the country to thailand and then checked. It didn't work. I can't think of any other solutions.

Jessigirl2013
09-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Yes. I bought it from thailand. I came back and tried to activate from the australian account. But that didn't work. I contacted support through facebook and we changed the country to thailand and then checked. It didn't work. I can't think of any other solutions.

So you didn't purchase it in the same region you were trying to redeem it in?:rolleyes:

That's your problem mate ;)
Only support can fix this.

Ommicrone
10-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Hi I fixed it my self. Thanks for the support :)

Jessigirl2013
10-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Hi I fixed it my self. Thanks for the support :)

Do you mind sharing your solution?
To help other people who have the same problem.

Ommicrone
10-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Hi I hope My account won't be banned after this?

Ommicrone
10-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Anyway,

When you activate a game through Uplay, It checks your country and the key's region. Most of the people think that "Country" is the one you see in your account settings. But it's not. Uplay client checks your IP. So all you got to do is to change your IP.

1. Download Hotspot Shield.
2. Then determine the region of your key. I bought the game from Thailand and tried to activate through Australia. So the key should be locked to North Asia. If you are not sure, contact Support through facebook and check the region of your key.
3. Then change your PC ip to one of those regional countries through hotspot shield. Then give a try. Should work most of the time.

I believe it's fair to do this since I payed twice the Uplay price for the game. Hope this helped !

ahmedraafat2016
03-19-2016, 10:12 AM
i have the same problem and i have tried hotspot shield it doesn't allow me to choose the country for free , i dont know the region my code is locked to , can ubisoft customer support help ??

Jessigirl2013
03-19-2016, 12:48 PM
i have the same problem and i have tried hotspot shield it doesn't allow me to choose the country for free , i dont know the region my code is locked to , can ubisoft customer support help ??

Where did you buy the code from?

FaZeSnow
08-21-2016, 11:25 AM
I send you a PM with the solution. Worked for me.b

can u send me a pm too
.I really need help.I bought the game in an indian store in india but i live in another country.I tried it where i live but it doesnt work and when i tried activating the region key it says "This cd key is locked to another region" . PLS Help.

Ommicrone
09-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Actually, The hotspotshield trial lets you change the country IP to few other country IPs for free. I tried this fix a year ago. So I can't certify it's validity now as I am not intending to do it further. The fix worked and there were no problems activating games afterwards.

But It's not a wise decision to do this. Keys are locked to regions for a reason. There are downside for bypassing that. According to the support crew, I was eligible for the redeem process. That's why I tried that fix. If you find your self with this issue, The best option is to contact the retailer.