PDA

View Full Version : Spin recovery... any tracks?



GeniusGoneWrong
05-16-2004, 07:26 PM
I've been having a little trouble with spin recovery, just wondering if somebody has/knows of some tracks that show spins and stalls being recovered. I'm particularily intersted in a flat spin recovery, which I can never seem to get out of, even from a height of 5000 meters or more. I even managed to increase the rotation speed of one spin so that I was doing about four revolutions a second! Normally I try dropping power, lowering flaps, and applying opposite rudder... never seems to work and I end up bailing.... only to be killed by my spinning plane!!

What goes up, always comes down........ IN FLAMES!

GeniusGoneWrong
05-16-2004, 07:26 PM
I've been having a little trouble with spin recovery, just wondering if somebody has/knows of some tracks that show spins and stalls being recovered. I'm particularily intersted in a flat spin recovery, which I can never seem to get out of, even from a height of 5000 meters or more. I even managed to increase the rotation speed of one spin so that I was doing about four revolutions a second! Normally I try dropping power, lowering flaps, and applying opposite rudder... never seems to work and I end up bailing.... only to be killed by my spinning plane!!

What goes up, always comes down........ IN FLAMES!

lil_labbit
05-16-2004, 07:38 PM
To recover from a flat spin (not all planes can though)...

Cut throttle back to 0%
Stick Full forward
Full rudder in oposite direction of spin
Drop Flaps and Gear if needed
Wait for plane to recover from stall
Gear & Flaps up - no more rudder and Throttle up then recover.

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

ElfunkoI
05-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Do not move stick in any motion but foward. Do not move rudder in any direction but that opposite the spin. Hold the controls this way. Also cut throttle.

Personally I don't use much down stick, I just cut throttle and apply opposite rudder. Some planes are harder than others, some stalls harder than others. The Ta-152 you must bail out of, it appears to have the spin charectoristics of a P-39 (and the P-39 those of a more stable well balanced aircraft, go figure). http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"A6?http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Will be A6!"

FI-Aflak
05-16-2004, 09:42 PM
I always push the controls in the way that would make the A/C face the direction its going. Usually, this means forward stick, neutral airelon, and rudder opposite the spin.

I play around with the throttle. Usually I open it wide, figuring that the more air over the rudder to counteract the spin, the better.

plumps_
05-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Here (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/FB20-TA152spin.zip) are two tracks (for FB/AEP 2.0 only) I recorded that show successful spin recovery in the TA-152.

-----------------------------------
http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/stulogo-banner.jpg (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/)

GeniusGoneWrong
05-17-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks, from the sounds of things I'm not pushing the stick forwards..

Thanks for the track too, I'll have a look and then try induce a few spins to learn from it.

What goes up, always comes down........ IN FLAMES!

Nero111
05-17-2004, 12:58 AM
For the first time in 2 years I found myself upside down in an inverted flat spin in a Fw190.
I was at about 4000 when this all went wrong lol and no matter what I did there was no response.
Bailed out at 600.
I wish I had a track of that, it was wicked. The thing was spinning so fast it was incredible.

tsisqua
05-17-2004, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElfunkoI:
Do not move stick in any motion but foward. Do not move rudder in any direction but that opposite the spin. Hold the controls this way. Also cut throttle.

Personally I don't use much down stick, I just cut throttle and apply opposite rudder. Some planes are harder than others, some stalls harder than others. The Ta-152 you must bail out of, it appears to have the spin charectoristics of a P-39 (and the P-39 those of a more stable well balanced aircraft, go figure). http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

"A6?http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Will be A6!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are in a P-39, especially the N-1 model, Do exactly as described by all here, except full power. You have to pull the plane forward from its CoG, which is WAY too aft, and must use the powerplant of the fighter to acomplish this. Otherwise, your plane will be a picture on a box of Aunt Jemima's mix.


Tsisqua

BaldieJr
05-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Inverted spins suck.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
Specs:
More expensive than the dining set.
Less expensive than the couch.
Smaller than the dishwasher.
Just as noisy as the refridgerator.
Faster than the cars' computer.
Less practical than the car.
Face it, people who put thier computer specs in thier signature are pretty ****ing wierd.

</pre>

F19_Orheim
05-17-2004, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lil_labbit:
To recover from a flat spin (not all planes can though)...

Cut throttle back to 0%
Stick Full forward
Full rudder in oposite direction of spin
Drop Flaps and Gear if needed
Wait for plane to recover from stall
Gear & Flaps up - no more rudder and Throttle up then recover.
Night is better than Day<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works almost everytime!


http://216.12.202.106/~f19vs/F19bannerA.jpg
http://216.12.202.106/~f19vs/F19banner.jpg

lil_labbit
05-17-2004, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
Inverted spins suck.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
Specs:
More expensive than the dining set.
Less expensive than the couch.
Smaller than the dishwasher.
Just as noisy as the refridgerator.
Faster than the cars' computer.
Less practical than the car.
Face it, people who put thier computer specs in thier signature are pretty ****ing wierd.

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You GRUMPIE! You didn't see the SOLO Yet then (get the 33MB single aerobatic show... http://www.silvertriggers.tk/ http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif that might make you smile http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day