PDA

View Full Version : To The Unity Development Team

LividPatriarch
11-14-2014, 01:42 AM
I've been with the Assassin's Creed series of games since its inception. I love the concept, the gameplay and the way it's been developed through the years. Unity is no different. as a work of art it's a creative marvel. Obviously I don't like the money-grabbiness associated with the newest iteration, but insofar as I'm aware and am content to keep assuming, the decision to add microtransactions was a corporate decision, not a development one.

To the development team (if any of you read these forums): you're doing an outstanding job. Don't let the corporate money-grab get you down. I love this game right now, and can't wait to see it when the final coat of polish has been applied.

OpticSpecs
11-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Nice post. It isn't the developers fault, They are probably under pressure from the head of Ubisoft.

SenseHomunculus
11-14-2014, 01:50 AM
I don't see hate directed at the devs as much as with Ubi in general. The devs don't make the decision to push an unfinished game out the door.

LividPatriarch
11-14-2014, 02:17 AM
I don't see hate directed at the devs as much as with Ubi in general. The devs don't make the decision to push an unfinished game out the door.

I still think the game's awesome, though. most games released these days are buggy, and people are really quick to jump on the "unfinished" bandwagon. but the reality is that the only way to find all the bugs is with mass-scale playtesting ie. releasing the game. Infinite number of monkeys in an infinite number of rooms and all that. It's on us to post about the bugs on the official forums and not just (for example) ***** about it on reddit, if we really love the game and where it could go.

as far as the microtransactions are concerned, I say we vote with our wallets. Moneygrabs are in my experience always a corporate decision, and the suits look at charts and figures to determine what moneymaking strategies they're going to employ. if nobody buys their "helix credits" or whatever they're called, the'll catch on that it really wasn't worth spending the money to hire someone to code microtransactions into the game.