PDA

View Full Version : Not suprised that this game needs a brute of a PC

dbgager
11-13-2014, 10:49 PM
..to run good. There are literally 100s of people on the screen wherever you go and giant crowds of people everywhere. You know how much CPU and GPU it takes to process and draw all of those objects and to constantlyy modify there positon in the engine. Plus the fact is the graphics are about the best your going to find in a game at the moment. I don't think you are going to find a system that can run this at ultra with a constant 60 FPS. Its truly nextgen. Because its made for next years PC. Not this years.

pleb87
11-13-2014, 11:02 PM
I have a Flying Delorean and I've already visited the year 2015. Next year's AC will require:

Intel i7 7890k (12 Cores) @ 6ghz
Nvidia GTX 1280 12GB VRAM
128GB RAM
120 Exobytes of Disk Space
I wrote this before the game was released but I obviously predicting the future better than I thought!

naumaan
11-13-2014, 11:04 PM
..to run good. There are literally 100s of people on the screen wherever you go and giant crowds of people everywhere. You know how much CPU and GPU it takes to process and draw all of those objects and to constantlyy modify there positon in the engine. Plus the fact is the graphics are about the best your going to find in a game at the moment. I don't think you are going to find a system that can run this at ultra with a constant 60 FPS. Its truly nextgen. Because its made for next years PC. Not this years.

well its good that they made ac rogue .. for this year's pc tho ..

ZaioFong
11-13-2014, 11:05 PM
I wrote this before the game was released but I obviously predicting the future better than I thought!

Not as well as you thought. Those specs won't happen til 2019. But then 3 years after, we'll have VR, Nervegears and SAO so those would be obsolete.

dallaboo
11-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Your damage control posts are funny. You cannot defend a failed release. Hell, even BBC of all is reporting on it.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30040613

PC port is unoptimized, buggy and the game would be better off if they delayed it for another 6 months. I'm getting slowdowns even when there's 3 people on the screen including Arno.
Check the user score for all 3 platforms on metacritic(2.1 PC,3.3 XO,4.4 PS4). I hope they feel the punch from the gaming crowd and learn their lesson for the next release.

dbgager
11-13-2014, 11:41 PM
don't play it dallaboo.But if you think they will not make a ton of money on this game your mistaken. Thats the only lesson they care about is how much money they make.The fact that people are complaining doesn't matter one bit as long as it doen't effect there bottom line. People are going to keep on buying these games regardless of what Ubisoft does. You'll be first in line for the next one they release. Assasins Creed games and Far Cry games are 2 of the biggest sellers in the software industry and they will continue to be.

Godz_Mercenary
11-13-2014, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=dbgager;10334431Because its made for next years PC. Not this years.[/QUOTE]

So why is it released this year? Bit dumb don't ya think? Like releasing a PS4 game a year before the PS4.

And it willl run fine on PC's after optimisation patches. If Rome 2 could allow me 60FPS with thousands on screen after patching I'm sure Ubi can

behindtimes
11-13-2014, 11:53 PM
So why is it released this year? Bit dumb don't ya think? Like releasing a PS4 game a year before the PS4.

And it willl run fine on PC's after optimisation patches. If Rome 2 could allow me 60FPS with thousands on screen after patching I'm sure Ubi can

It use to be many games would require ungodly future hardware, but that pretty much changed around the late 1990s with Half Life where low end hardware could run the game. You should have seen Origin. Every time a new Origin game came out (Ultima, Wing Commander, etc.), you pretty much had to shell out 5 grand or more for a new PC if you wanted any attempt at playing it.

strigoi1958
11-13-2014, 11:54 PM
I think it's a bit like Crysis... when that came out my PC played it like a slideshow... but a year later when I had upgraded my PC I got it out and it was awesome... it was made to be tough on PC's but now most PC's will play it and I think it is still used in some benchmark reviews. I would imagine Unity will also be used in the future.

rakowozz
11-13-2014, 11:56 PM
The graphics are the best you'll find in any game? Hardly...

They look great, but in any case do they justify the hardware necessary to run it smoothly.

viperdemonz21
11-14-2014, 02:50 AM
my i7 870 2.93 ghz quad core gtx 970 superoverclocked and 16 gb dual chan ram run game great in ultra utilization is decent no overuse of resources anywhere just the glitches real bad in certain areas where everything vanishes except crowds .framerates sit around 50 average.

dbgager
11-14-2014, 02:58 AM
So then tell me what game has better graphics rakovic.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 03:15 AM
Quote: "We are working to adapt our services and communications with consumers accordingly, both by changing the way we work with reviewers and by offering customers open betas or other early access to some games, all so that they have the information they need and want."

Just ... lol. You are "working to adapt your communications with us?" ... then TALK TO US, at this point, completely avoiding/ignoring us is only doing more damage. ... If anyone has long memories and holds indefinite grudges ... it's gamers. You don't have to have some elaborate PR plan ... we just want to be kept in the loop, let us know what you're doing, let us know that you know what's wrong, and give us a damned timeline. They approach communication with their fans like it's brain surgery on an alien monkey ... for the love of god gentlemen, it's not that hard to just SPEAK to your paying customers.

dbgager
11-14-2014, 03:24 AM
They probably don't even know exactly when things are going to be fixed so how can they tell us Tanyn. And they are infact communicating with us...

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-184569-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 03:26 AM
They probably don't even know exactly when things are going to be fixed so how can they tell us Tanyn

A timeline does not have to be an exact day, hour and second ... it could be a 30-day window for all i care. At this point, I just want them to start giving us SOME sort of information.

TacoR0sado
11-14-2014, 03:31 AM
If you think AC: Unity has the "best graphics you'll find in a game" then you need to play more games.

dbgager
11-14-2014, 03:38 AM
OK Taco tell me then which game has better graphics. As far as playing games I have a Steam account with 120+ games not to mention all my older games..and games i did not even buy from Steam. I have a GOG Account..A uplay account. I even have a Desura account. Tell me which game has better grahics.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 03:43 AM
That is entirely a matter of opinion ... so I doubt anyone would ever sway you off of your viewpoint. I'd throw in and name a few games, off-hand: The Last of Us, Dead Space 3, Final Fantasy XIV, and TERA to name a few ... but these are different art styles, and even different genres ... (some graphical styles go better with, say, a 3rd person horror-shooter, like Dead Space, than they would with Assassin's Creed) ... it's a difficult thing to do, to say that any of these games have "better graphics" than the other ... they have their own styles, and they use them to effectively produce a certain environmental feel.

TacoR0sado
11-14-2014, 03:53 AM
The problem with AC: Unity's visuals is the inconsistency. Sometimes it looks amazing, other times the textures look really poor. Then there’s the pretty noticeable pop-in, shadow flickering and artifacting. This is playing maxed on 780 SLI. The shimmering effect exists on all the aliasing levels all the way up to TXAA. On the whole it’s a decent looking game but to say it’s “the best” is really, really stretching that definition.

Crysis 3 has it beat in every way imaginable, if we’re talking about just graphics here. And that’s a game from 2013.

dbgager
11-14-2014, 03:59 AM
Would not know about the graphics for "The Last of Us" on PC since I have it on PS3. Deadspace 3 ..not in my opinion. Final Fantasy 14 is an online game which i did play for a couple of months...and its also a couple of years old. Not a chance. Tera ..seriously.

ANd Taco all those things you mentioned have nothing to do with the looks of the graphics.. They are all concerned with the engine. If you stand in one place none of them will even happen. I have Crysis 3 by the way and its not that nice looking. I lam talking about how it looks ..not what happens when your running around.

TacoR0sado
11-14-2014, 04:17 AM
Sorry, but poor textures and environment detail, shimmering, pop-in, shadow flickering, missing textures and other artifacts do indeed affect the visual quality of a game.

JAC072
11-14-2014, 04:21 AM
[SPOILER ALERT] [SPOILER ALERT] [SPOILER ALERT]

There are way too many npcs and this is what is causing at least some of the graphics and stuttering problems. They overshot it when Ubisoft tried to overpopulate France. It was bad, but it wasn't this bad and it's only causing a lot of problems. They should halve the amount of npcs in the game, and then it would be a bit more realistic, not to mention that it would help a lot with the stuttering and other graphic problems many of us are having.

NightmareGK13
11-14-2014, 04:24 AM
then allow us to choose to decrease the population... too many NPC's can be a bother... next things we know they will be adding bugs and insects to add further immersion, fully modeled with wings and all those nasty features + they will include rat infestations that carry the plague....

dbgager
11-14-2014, 04:24 AM
Just my opinion guys. We all have different brains...eyeballs, monitors, etc. What looks very good to one person may not to another. I hate bright blue cars with a passion. But I see them driving up and down the street everyday. I am in no way saying your opinion is not just as valid.

dbgager
11-14-2014, 04:26 AM
I agree Jac. The streets are full of people and every few blocks there is a giant crowd of 50 to 100 people. Its great it makes th eworld feel really alive. But it also takes tremendous CPU and GPU processing for all those NPCs.

hasznaloubi2005
11-14-2014, 07:56 AM
To dbgager:: You may well be right about the sales and the bottom line. Gamers in general seem not to want to use common sense or wait until some reviews are in.. I am feeling more and more smug and pleased that I have not bought either Unity or the latest Far Cry (I liked Far Cry 1 and 2, but I believe they may not run on Win 7). So despite owning the so called "mega PC" I am not going to feed Ubisoft for lousy programming and lousy PC support. Even AC3 has more bugs than a rain forest..