PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION MODERATORS: Will you clean up this damn forum already it's pathetic

doughy12
11-13-2014, 05:54 PM
The forum now is nothing but the same exact 2 complaints over, and over, and over, which are nothing but FPS problems, and the same exact glitch video people are using to try and justify the crap they're posting. And 10 more of the same exact topics get created literally every 2 hours filling up the forum with even more of the same exact crap.

I counted on the first 5 pages alone well over 40 different topics that all have THE SAME EXACT COMPLAINTS IN THEM and there is absolutely nothing different in any one of them. The forum doesn't need to be this much of a mess, so do your job, keep 2 topics for the complaints and get rid of the rest. People having different setting combinations doesn't require 500 of a topic that's already been posted multiple times, and then people using that itself as an excuse to why all these topics are still cluttering the forum.

Sticky topics obviously don't do any good because people don't read, and you cannot blame users for not being able to find anything, because if the forum was kept clean as it should be, people wouldn't have to keep creating new topics over and over. And after the forum was cleaned up, have a message appear when they log in that shows up in very simple words that cannot be closed until they click I AGREE.

This is what the message should say:

WARNING DO NOT CREATE ANY MORE POSTS ABOUT PROBLEMS, IF YOU DO THE TOPIC WILL BE REMOVED, CONTINUING TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A SUSPENSION

Then all you do is follow through with that. Now the forum gets cleaned up, things are in order, and things run smoother It is that simple.

Members sticking up for staff and staff favoring members is one of the major reasons forums are all out of control and have so many problems, and what's even worse is Staff and members even make excuses for what i just said as well.

I'm an administrator on a forum, and if the moderators on my forum, did what they allowed to go on here, they would not be moderating on there any more, I don't tolerate any excuses such as "well some topics might have information in them than others" either that's 100% not even relevant because there is ZERO excuse to not have all these different topic/ of replies that all contain the same information to not be inside one topic. It's inexcusable and it's sheer laziness. And 3/4 of the forum rules aren't even being applied where they're supposed to be. On my site any moderator that favors anyone is no longer moderating, NO one is exempt from rules, moderators included.

It's inexcusable for ANY forum to be in this condition and Staff favoring members and members making excuses for why Staff do what they do.. The reality is if there is a rule then you follow and enforce that rule which means if it says no flaming then anyone flaming is breaking the rules, there is no "Well the moderator doesn't feel like it's flaming" and members saying Staff have a lot to deal with..ALL OF THAT IS COMPLETE ******** that has to stop.

pleb87
11-13-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm guessing their too busy playing the game! Or perhaps Ubisoft has told them not to delete the posts as so not to appear to be censoring criticism. They don't need any more bad publicity!

But it's a fair point and people should really give it a rest now. There are bugs and glitches and hopefully Ubisoft are working on it and some fixes are on the way.

NightmareGK13
11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Have to agree it's starting to be annoying reading the same problems over and over. We know the game has flaws, they have all be reported but seeing to many threads just makes it seem like there is new problems showing up when it's actually more of the same :P

naumaan
11-13-2014, 06:07 PM
I was already suggesting ... to make one thread .. and everyone shere their problem in it ...

that way it will be easy for moderators or community managers or support team to keep track of problems ...

pleb87
11-13-2014, 06:07 PM
This is also a discussion forum not a technical issues forum. There's a separate one for that! :p

MrFisse
11-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah they should start by removing every single post you made doughy

doughy12
11-13-2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah they should start by removing every single post you made doughy
It's crap like this I just got done explaining that's being allowed to go on, members getting favored which feeds the forum problems. His reply is an outright rules violation and thus should automatically be removed. Because his reply leads into this reply I made and then excuses are made, and before you know it it's a mess.

SmoothMineral
11-13-2014, 06:27 PM
We should be grateful the mods aren't OCD cases ruling over the forum with authoritarian fervor.

However I do notice one severe case of minimodding and concern trolling that should be cleaned up.

MrFisse
11-13-2014, 06:30 PM
It's crap like this I just got done explaining that's being allowed to go on, members getting favored which feeds the forum problems. His reply is an outright rules violation and thus should automatically be removed. Because his reply leads into this reply I made and then excuses are made, and before you know it it's a mess.

You are without a doubt the guy that posts the most crap on this forum. The fact is that this entire thread is more pointless than the threads with complaints, good job !

chrikle
11-13-2014, 06:34 PM
You are without a doubt the guy that posts the most crap on this forum. The fact is that this entire thread is more pointless than the threads with complaints, good job !

+1:)

EvilPixieGrrr
11-13-2014, 06:34 PM
As you can imagine, we're all working in a very busy and-paced situation. We're doing our best, but there are more of you than there are of us. Your suggestion, however, is noted.

I'll close this thread because I foresee no real potential for positive discussion coming from it.

Thanks.