PDA

View Full Version : Uplay Recommended #23

RoguishRonin
11-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Weíre back with the second round of Uplay Recommended tracks for November. This week weíve got 5 user tracks, as well as a community requested selection from a RedLynx track creator. Get ready, folks, cause weíre about to fall right into a ton of awesome! Get it? FALL, because itís November and thatís FALL here at the NC office. Arenít these puns great?

Achaeo Dig by ConfusedMuscles

Itís not every day that we see a track that uses a curved driving line that isnít somewhat jarring, but CF has accomplished that feat (at least I think so) while staying true to a theme. For you Trials HD riders, this one reminds me a bit of Trials and Tribulations, but maybe thatís just me. No matter the nostalgia, this is a nice track that I think youíll enjoy.

We dug up this video from TeriXeri. (Oh man, thatís 2!);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtYlHlfbxFY

ďshaky groundĒ by IZEZ PRiNCESS

IZEZ made a Panda track, and I really enjoyed it. Thatís all that needs to be said. [More info, man Ė Shogun] Get ready to ride over things on an all-terrain vehicle of awesomeness. All kinds of things are moving and ride on them with 4 wheels! Go fast, ride smooth. Get a good time.

Shake a leg(3) and check out this video, or take the rumble(4) to the leaderboards;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyENDR3gK-Y

[B]Peach Peaks by Wunder_Blunder

1 part science facility, 1 part dump, 100% Trials track. I canít lie, Iím not 100% clear on the theme, but the decoration and line make me play this track ďJust one more timeĒ, which Iíll never say is a bad thing. A nice mix of technicality and flowability mean that you donít want to miss this track.

You donít need to be a rocket scientist(5) to see the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLiXo0F7ZL8

Clandestine by ZZZZZach

Are you ready for a technical extreme track? I know I am. Iím not sure what kind of operation is going on here, but 6xZ has created a track that requires technical skills and has a really well-crafted theme. Seriously, if technical extremes are your thing, then donít hide (6) from Clandestine.

Check out the security footage here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7wtxma7Mwc

SUNBURN Concept by S1LVA CONCEPT

This track doesnít feel like the Earth we know. Maybe the sun has scortched the land, maybe weíre curious about Curiosity and we headed out to Mars. All told, thereís a nice line here for experienced riders as well as beginners. There are also some really nice examples of animation, so be sure not to miss it.

Never fear, the video is here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpUdusKKzFM

#2spooky by RedLynxShogun

Who would have guessed? Shogun is back with a Uplay Recommended track. Nobody will make MY tracks cross-platform, but whatever. I refuse to write the name of this track again, but itís got a flowy line with just enough ďdonít just hold gasĒ to make it fun to speedrun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54P95VQ2AbM

And there you have it, 6 brand new additions to the Uplay Recommended feed. Why are you still reading? Go tear up some tracks!

-Shifty

funktastic-
11-13-2014, 06:31 PM
i'll kick off shall i:p pun galore lol

great on the spooky track really pleased to see that in there

Wunder_Blunder
11-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Thanks so much you guys! :D

Ch4er0n
11-13-2014, 09:26 PM
hmm, did shaky ground with the roach, and im pretty sure i smashed the time from the video above... maybe not panda? :D

Citizen_fish
11-13-2014, 10:00 PM
haha I did too.

and if you look at the leaderboard on that video its done in 34.98 seconds,cant get near that on the quad.

ZZZZZZach
11-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Just got home and was so happy to see Clandestine picked. Thanks :D

DJ_2wItchY
11-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Just got home and was so happy to see Clandestine picked. Thanks :D

Clandestine is an awesome track! Very happy to see it go cross plat. I like the technical extreme tracks and was a big fan of what you made. Background had a lot of depth to it and stood out, very noticeable and a challenging drive line with good replay ability to it for the experienced players. congrats man.

TheRealTeeHill
11-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Clandestine is so good ZZZZZZach, congrats and thoroughly deserved

Hairy Cabbage
11-14-2014, 12:13 AM
is 2spooky supposed to be this dark (im on X1)? I literally cant see a thing.

Edit: Shame about the sun on SUNBURN Concept. Nothing worse that a track that literally hurts your eyes while your playing it.

funktastic-
11-14-2014, 12:59 PM
shall i shed some light on this one hahah..

Its got a dark theme mate yeah but i think you can brighten it up by reversing.

Maybe its just me but is nobody else getting all the slow behaviour in the extreme track. Its not lag but the same as when you have used to many events or somethings. For me its really got the lag effect not sure if its just ps4 or the track.

Can i give a quick point to one of the tracks also , can we change one of the titles to sunblind concept :p Being its only around 30 secs long and 10 secs of that your blinded as a bat. Maybe a blind dog should have been crossplatformed across with it. I actually thought at first that it might have been chosen as a new builder and thats why there was so many mistakes in it but guess thats not the case. Maybe the shoutout bought it some points but other than that im not sure what a track is doing being recommended by redlynx that is so full of things your suppose to not do in a track. Again my view is based on the time i have been building and playing

Be honest shifty , was you on the pop when playing this one:p

( when my tracks are crossplatformed im going to get some right stick:p )

Zurgery
11-14-2014, 01:12 PM
( when my tracks are crossplatformed im going to get some right stick:p )

They will never be cross platform m9

funktastic-
11-14-2014, 01:29 PM
I guess your glass is always half empty , well mines always overflowing and the odd times that its not i then strive to make it such that its pouring everywhere i will even take some from your glass lol.

m8:)

fleskeknoke
11-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Always exiting with the weekly picks! I think Clandestine by ZZZZZach looks like extra fun... :cool:

Zurgery
11-14-2014, 01:47 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140101190318/althistory/images/9/93/Nobody_Cares..png

funktastic-
11-14-2014, 02:19 PM
stop stalking me this isnt faceook

IBlubbiI
11-14-2014, 03:17 PM
hmm, did shaky ground with the roach, and im pretty sure i smashed the time from the video above... maybe not panda? :D

Surely Panda ;)

magimix2000
11-14-2014, 06:21 PM
is 2spooky supposed to be this dark (im on X1)? I literally cant see a thing.

Could be the XB1's crushed-blacks thing kicking in? #2spooky, while dark, is carefully tuned to silhouette the riding line at pretty much all times. So it seems on the surface to be oppressively dark, but is in fact very rideable (for me at least. PS4 hooked up to IPS monitor). It puts me in the mind of something like the sorts of starkly toned faux-2D tracks from Evo, except here achieved without recourse to a side-on gimmick. Impressive stuff.

magimix2000
11-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Wow, this is an exceptional track drop. All six tracks are fantastic. One of the best drops ever? Quite possibly. I might even go so far as to say *the* best, at the moment, admittedly pumped and excited from racing them as I am.

"shaky ground" shows how you can have a high degree of cool dynamism on the riding line without being annoying. "SUNBURN Concept" is a real fun track dripping with atmosphere, and a nice riding line. #2spooky... On paper, it really shouldn't work, but its *just tuned right* to pull its theme off and be real ridable too. "Peach Peaks" is a great track - it took me a fair few goes to zero-fault it. I felt real good when I did. And then I saw the Plat par, and I was staggered. Clearly a track whose depths I've yet to unlock. "Archaeo Dig" is similar - challenging and fun - really well crafted. I felt like a million bucks on the zero-fault, but I'm *so far* from the plat, which means there is so much more about the track to understand. And "Clandestine"... I'm stocked I got a silver on the first attempt. A track I'll be sticking with for a while. Extreme but not abusive. Gun the to the head, all I could say on the 'cons' side is that 'Clandestine' has some tearing on PS4 at some points.

Patabarnack
11-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Clandestine slow down my X1... frame rate problem... nothing worst that a good track whit slow motion unwanted in it...
same thing in last week whit The Dream Abyss...
Am I the only one?
Yeah
Am I sexual?
Yeah
Am I everything you need?
You better rock your body now

almost unplayable = bad rating = unfair if it work fine on the respective machine (console or PC)

2spooky is dark, but it was create that way... and it work... awesome track !!

booped
11-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Nice tracks but slow down on ps4 on

Clandestine by ZZZZZach

bone on

Ch4er0n
11-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Surely Panda ;)

dammit thomas, y u do dis QQ

Patabarnack
11-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Clandestine slow down my X1... frame rate problem... nothing worst that a good track whit slow motion unwanted in it...
same thing in last week whit The Dream Abyss...
almost unplayable = bad rating = unfair if it work fine on the respective machine (console or PC)!

oops not Clandestine... its Archaeo Dig that slow down on X1.