PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Unity UK release - uPlay error?

Projekts
11-13-2014, 12:39 PM
I've bought this game after messing around with G2A directly from ubisoft, preloaded and I get this, anyone got an answer for this? wth? it's 11:38 am on 13/10/2014...

http://i59.tinypic.com/2jg9w08.png

mmac900
11-13-2014, 12:45 PM
It is supposed to be 14 november in the uk. Having said that, I have been able to play since the 12th lol.

AJRimmsey
11-13-2014, 12:45 PM
look up,its right there in plain english in the ad bar

in the uk we were lucky enough to be 3 days behind those poor beggars who have already bought it,so we can read the reviews and save our money

Projekts
11-13-2014, 12:48 PM
look up,its right there in plain english in the ad bar

in the uk we were lucky enough to be 3 days behind those poor beggars who have already bought it,so we can read the reviews and save our money

I see that, but why is it telling me the 13th on that? I don't understand it at all...

Projekts
11-13-2014, 12:49 PM
It is supposed to be 14 november in the uk. Having said that, I have been able to play since the 12th lol.

Not fair! I just wanna play before I go out later... is that so much to ask? maybe I can VPN or something... no wonder people torrent...

AJRimmsey
11-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I see that, but why is it telling me the 13th on that? I don't understand it at all...

sales

probably a case of "dont tell them they have a chance to cancel the order"

pull them up on this and as they count the money they will say "oops,sorry"

Projekts
11-13-2014, 12:53 PM
sales

probably a case of "dont tell them they have a chance to cancel the order"

pull them up on this and as they count the money they will say "oops,sorry"

True that... seems everyone hates Ubisoft at the moment, all I wanna do is play my favourite series...

AJRimmsey
11-13-2014, 12:56 PM
True that... seems everyone hates Ubisoft at the moment, all I wanna do is play my favourite series...

same here

reinstalling black flag as i type

i`m hoping this debacle stops the inevitable course of games....
where its :
jump ?..pay 99 pence
open door pay 1.99 pence
characters naked ? pay 4.99 pence for clothes

ps:
remember when we all shouted about content hacking to sell on day 1 ?

well now its the norm

mmac900
11-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Not fair! I just wanna play before I go out later... is that so much to ask? maybe I can VPN or something... no wonder people torrent...

I got my legit from a cd keys company, paid 28 for my code and they just sent it to me last night, weird. But yes, very lucky :)

Projekts
11-13-2014, 01:04 PM
same here

where its :
jump ?..pay 99 pence
open door pay 1.99 pence

ps:

well now its the norm

I don't know how deep it goes with the "In App Purchases" because i'm staying away from spoilers.

Such a shame, being a huge fan and not even knowing the release date correctly, why can't it be the same for all of the EU? that makes no sense to me, really not happy about this.

DoggsRecon
11-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Can't believe i took a day off to play this thing. Would be nice if Uplay actually said it's coming out 14th not 13th.. **** this

Projekts
11-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Can't believe i took a day off to play this thing. Would be nice if Uplay actually said it's coming out 14th not 13th.. **** this

I know the feel dude :(

pleb87
11-13-2014, 02:16 PM
I know the feel dude :(

http://s22.postimg.org/x16osah01/Untitled.png

strigoi1958
11-13-2014, 02:18 PM
I got my key today... 80 minutes to download it is 41Gb and the game plays well but I don't know what I'm doing yet.... just fallen in the water and swimming ;)

Julius48
11-13-2014, 02:21 PM
strigoi did you get your code from cdkeys?

I'm in the UK and am wondering if it sounds like people with CD Keys codes can play it?

Projekts
11-13-2014, 02:35 PM
http://s22.postimg.org/x16osah01/Untitled.png

I don't think you understand my post.

aruler
11-13-2014, 02:49 PM
If you look at the sticky you can see it says 'Assassin's Creed Unity Launching November 11 in US, November 13 in EMEA',

Obviously there has been a delay by one day, in the united kingdom AC Unity launch is midnight tonight which is 13/11/14, this is at Game.co.uk retail shop near where i live.

Verindel
11-13-2014, 05:58 PM
If you look at the sticky you can see it says 'Assassin's Creed Unity Launching November 11 in US, November 13 in EMEA',

Obviously there has been a delay by one day, in the united kingdom AC Unity launch is midnight tonight which is 13/11/14, this is at Game.co.uk retail shop near where i live.

Look at the OP, the uplay screen says the 13th.

If it can tell you are in the UK, it should read the 14th, not the 13th.

Midnight tonight is 00:00:00 - 14/11/2014, it's not 24:00:00 - 13/11/2014

C0rmaq
11-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Phew, glad i'm not the only one with this issue. from what i've read so far it seems that it opens on Uplay at 11:59pm on the 13th, Instead of 00:00am on the 14th, which is why it's saying the 13th sadly.

At least we're aware now, that's something I guess lol

aruler
11-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Midnight tonight is 00:00:00 - 14/11/2014.Midnight tonight is 13/11/14, if it was midnight 14/11/14 then one second past midnight would make it 15/11/14, lol.

strigoi1958
11-13-2014, 07:33 PM
strigoi did you get your code from cdkeys?

I'm in the UK and am wondering if it sounds like people with CD Keys codes can play it?
yes the key was emailed from cdkeys.com downloaded and played by 11.30 am uk time

Projekts
11-13-2014, 07:53 PM
You're all right in your own ways, but c0rmaq seems to make alot of sense to me, thanks guys and happy playing when it's unlocked.

dnameless1
11-13-2014, 07:58 PM
same here

where its :
jump ?..pay 99 pence
open door pay 1.99 pence

ps:

well now its the norm

Shouldn't that be "characters with clothes? pay 4.99 pence for naked"?

Rubble The Dj1
11-13-2014, 08:46 PM
You're all right in your own ways, but c0rmaq seems to make alot of sense to me, thanks guys and happy playing when it's unlocked.

thats so weird, im in uk too, got an eu pre order key off g2a for 24 quid, it was delivered last night, preloaded all night till 1pm today and i thought i would get the same as you and not be able to play till 14th, and to my surprise i could play... then the game loaded up and i couldnt play lol cos the game runs like arse... think ubi have stuck their head in the poop this time tbh, im a big ac fan but having to run this at 1366x768 to be able to push the textures up a bit and still suffer with terrible cutscene frame drops and stuff is gash. my rig is ok at i52500k clocked to 4.5ghz gtx 760 2gb (yes i know its not the best but tbh i shouldnt need the latest card every year imho the card only got released last year so... meh) in general the game has run fine except for cutscenes and when there is literally a screen FULL of npc's but ill definitely need to replay this when i can afford an upgrade to see how it feels then, maybe in a year or two :(

Zmidd
11-13-2014, 08:50 PM
I've bought this game after messing around with G2A directly from ubisoft, preloaded and I get this, anyone got an answer for this? wth? it's 11:38 am on 13/10/2014...

I also bought this directly from ubisoft, as it's not available on the UK Steam store (which would have been my preferred method of buying it) - but I can't find a way to even preload it. Is it supposed to be simply 'look in games list, select game, click preload'? If so, the game isn't there to select it. I can only hope that it appears at midnight, or soon after.

Given that I've already had problems with other aspects of my Unity preorder, and I also experienced problems with AC3, which was the only other game I've bought directly from Ubisoft, plus the fact I've actually never had a single problem buying any of my games from Steam, and my Steam library has passed the 300 mark, I think in future it's going to be a case of if Ubi decides to yank a game from Steam, then I just don't buy it.

Hypnotic82
11-13-2014, 11:27 PM
I also bought this directly from ubisoft, as it's not available on the UK Steam store (which would have been my preferred method of buying it) - but I can't find a way to even preload it. Is it supposed to be simply 'look in games list, select game, click preload'? If so, the game isn't there to select it. I can only hope that it appears at midnight, or soon after.

Given that I've already had problems with other aspects of my Unity preorder, and I also experienced problems with AC3, which was the only other game I've bought directly from Ubisoft, plus the fact I've actually never had a single problem buying any of my games from Steam, and my Steam library has passed the 300 mark, I think in future it's going to be a case of if Ubi decides to yank a game from Steam, then I just don't buy it.

If you own the game and are signed into the Uplay client it should appear in your Uplay Games page with a "pre-ordered" label over the game box picture. If its not there you should contact Ubi support. Im in the UK and ive been able to Pre-load since Monday. I'm just waiting for it to unlock, hopefully at midnight.