PDA

View Full Version : Can you play co-op missions OFFLINE as well as solo?

LoyalACFan
11-13-2014, 02:50 AM
Disclaimer, I haven't installed any patches yet, because, well, duh, I can't hook my PS4 up to the Internet at the moment, hence the thread.

I went up to the marker for "Heads will Roll" (masked guy outside the drainage tunnel to the Cafe-Theatre) and pressed X to start, but instead of starting the mission, the "Press X to Play" banner just turns grey and it doesn't load. I can still walk around normally and just leave the marker, and the infobox will fade out like I didn't even try to enter the mission.

So is this just because I'm offline? Or is it a glitch that (hopefully) has been patched out?

LoyalACFan
11-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Gotta bump.

Ureh
11-13-2014, 05:13 AM
Yeah from what I've read, you need to be online for the co-op missions even if you're playing solo.

TorQue1988
11-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Any definitive answer from the devs about this ?

TwentyGlyphs
11-14-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't know if you have to be online, but I don't have Playstation Plus and walked up to the guy outside the tunnel as well to try to play that mission solo. I thought there would be a Play Offline choice there, but there wasn't. I pressed X to play, and it brought up a menu for buying a subscription to Playstation Plus. The game said I needed a Playstation Plus subscription to access that feature. I was ticked at needing a subscription just to play the co-op missions solo. Then I went into the Progress Tracker to view the missions, and when viewing the same Heads Will Roll mission in that menu, it had the option to Play Offline. I chose that and the mission started up, but I didn't actually play it. I was online when I did this, so I don't know how it would have behaved had I been offline entirely.

I think there's something weird about the co-op mission marker outside that tunnel too, because I came across another marker for the mission somewhere else in the city, and it did have the option to press square to play offline. Perhaps that marker is more to show you how to play with other people, and for some reason they left out the option to play offline from that particular one. It's weird.

SquareToShoot
11-14-2014, 07:50 PM
You have to be online. The missions are online cooperative missions. That's what cooperative is...

And yes, you do need to be online. If you lose connection whilst playing one then you get booted from the mission. I know this because it has happened to me today.

TwentyGlyphs
11-14-2014, 08:01 PM
You have to be online. The missions are online cooperative missions. That's what cooperative is...

And yes, you do need to be online. If you lose connection whilst playing one then you get booted from the mission. I know this because it has happened to me today.

So you have to be online to play the missions offline. Makes perfect sense.

SquareToShoot
11-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Actually, nevermind. You can play them completely offline, I just did one. It gave the option of going online or playing private when I started the mission. I chose private and it let me play it evev though I had disabled the internet connection. Still got the reward at the end as well.

TwentyGlyphs
11-14-2014, 11:16 PM
I just started a co-op mission from the Progress Tracker with the PS4 offline as well. I think it's just that one mission start point outside the tunnel that doesn't let you play it offline for some reason.