PDA

View Full Version : My version is in Japanese

Kotige
11-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Why is it so?.. i bought the game on steam.. but after i lunch it - i get everything in japanese and only this 12 chapters i can choose from.. what the hell?

doughy12
11-13-2014, 02:32 AM
Yeah it's a little odd as to why that is the way it is and you may never know, but to fix the problem all you have to do is go the game directory and open the localization.lang file in notepad.

Replace what's in there with the word "English", save it, launch the game and it will now be in English

You're welcome!

Kotige
11-13-2014, 03:16 AM
Yeah it's a little odd as to why that is the way it is and you may never know, but to fix the problem all you have to do is go the game directory and open the localization.lang file in notepad.

Replace what's in there with the word "English", save it, launch the game and it will now be in English

You're welcome!

that didn't help.. but i checked my "regedit" and there it was - language chinese.. so i deleted it.. and now i'm redownloading the whole game.. but tell me... when you start the game, are you supposed to have some sort of menu?.. cuz with me it's just this "hilix" or "hilux" menu with 12 chapters to choose from.. no option menu.. nothing...

doughy12
11-13-2014, 03:52 AM
that didn't help.. but i checked my "regedit" and there it was - language chinese.. so i deleted it.. and now i'm redownloading the whole game.. but tell me... when you start the game, are you supposed to have some sort of menu?.. cuz with me it's just this "hilix" or "hilux" menu with 12 chapters to choose from.. no option menu.. nothing...

Yes that's how the game starts, the options come after that. And sorry to tell you this now but all you had to do with the reg edit is change the the word Chinese to English.

Kotige
11-13-2014, 04:19 AM
Yes that's how the game starts, the options come after that. And sorry to tell you this now but all you had to do with the reg edit is change the the word Chinese to English.

ooops...

well, at least now i know the main menu is the way it should be..
Thank you!!

dbgager
11-13-2014, 04:28 AM
Don't download the game while your in China.